: Head And Cam Package With A Maggie

Blairski
01-21-08, 03:12 AM
I was thinking about getting some wheels but im having to tough of a time deciding between some hre's or ccw's or some big 22" asanti's. i think it would be pointless to put 22's on a v but it they do look pretty good on it. anyways i cant make up my mind with wheels right now so im looking to get a head and cam package to hold me over. ive only had the v since october and its just got a maggie and spintechs. definetly will be getting kooks or sw headers with the package as well. looking to spend about 4 grand. whats all out there?

LUVMY04V
01-21-08, 11:21 AM
sorry but first of all 22's would make it look like a truck. Second of all it would ride like crap. Third it would screw up your diff for sure.....why not get some lightweight 20's and lower it and make it look sick :thumbsup:

somthing nice like this style

http://www.giovannaonline.com/RimPages/genoa/1.jpg

P-Funk
01-21-08, 11:27 AM
or some big 22"

:shocked2: :getaway:

IBTL

randycsvt
01-21-08, 11:51 AM
lift it and get 30's!

onebadcad
01-21-08, 02:07 PM
Look at a set of Patriots if you are on a budget, prices are right if you are looking to keep it under $4K with cam and headers.
L92 heads are popular on the Corvette sites, not sure how they do on LS6, think most installs I have read were done on LS2s.
If you want to spend $2,500+ on heads, look at the usual premium ones, AFR, Dart, Trick Flow, etc...
Not sure if you are installing yourself, if not, you may have to forego the headers.
IMO, upgrading the heads are fine if you have extra cash, but the stock ones are adequate if you are looking to spend money elsewhere. The cam w/ the Maggie is a wise upgrade.

I will not comment regarding the 22s or even 20s:thepan:.

Leeman
01-21-08, 03:12 PM
L92 are big bore heads - they won't fit on a LS6. :-(

-- Lee

Blairski
01-21-08, 09:10 PM
yeah i made up mind today to go with the racing wheels. ive done car shows for awhile with my cars and thats whats made me think of looks. but i drive the car like it should be driven and im getting more into the racing aspect. so hre's, i forged, e forged, forgeline, or ccw's it is. definetly 18's or 19's. 8.5" and 10" wide with the 275 or 285's in the back. my cars silver so i think gun metal wheels would look sweet.

Blairski
01-21-08, 09:14 PM
what about katech or lingenfelter? those are around $4000 for the heads and cam. i will be doing the install myself so that will save a lot. and sorry, when i said im getting headers i didnt mean for that to be included in the $4000.

A1beshouri
01-21-08, 11:57 PM
I have 20 inch asantis and they look amazing but for the sake of performance I would go with 19s looking back, they actually look better than the 20s and that 1 inch really does make a bit of a diff in performance, go as lightweight as possible

MauiV
01-22-08, 12:09 AM
The only drawback with the 19's that my wheels guys have told me time and time again is the price of rubber in a 19 and its hard to get a 19 in a 10" for the rears.

With the Asantis you normally can get whatever the hell you want but I just dont feel like parting with $5K for rims, but thats just me.

Right now I am considering Black Giovanna Caracas in a 20x8.5 front, 20x10 staggered rear with the red bezel. Ive been quoted $2200 drilled, balanced, and mounted WITH rubber. The only holdup is we are waiting to see if the black comes with a 6 bolt pattern or even the blank center to be milled out. They do come in chrome with the covers but IMO the covers look hokey and plastic.

onebadcad
01-22-08, 12:32 AM
The only drawback with the 19's that my wheels guys have told me time and time again is the price of rubber in a 19 and its hard to get a 19 in a 10" for the rears.

With the Asantis you normally can get whatever the hell you want but I just dont feel like parting with $5K for rims, but thats just me.

Right now I am considering Black Giovanna Caracas in a 20x8.5 front, 20x10 staggered rear with the red bezel. Ive been quoted $2200 drilled, balanced, and mounted WITH rubber. The only holdup is we are waiting to see if the black comes with a 6 bolt pattern or even the blank center to be milled out. They do come in chrome with the covers but IMO the covers look hokey and plastic.

285/30/19s and 295/30/19s are plentiful, go to Tirerack and check on the selection. You can go with a 35 profile and have some more choices, but very few if you want a 25 profile. Not sure what your price limits are, but when it comes to tires you make concessions based on safety and performance.

$2,200 is a great price with rubber, just be sure to get the weight of your new rims. As said many times here, 19s are the max if you do not want performance to suffer. CCW is a good vendor and you now have a few choices beyond the 505s and 600s; the C10s are now available for the V, but I think only in 18".
Good luck on whatever you pick.

MauiV
01-22-08, 11:41 AM
Thanks, Im planning on getting them about March when I go back to stickier tires. Ill definatly look into them.

I was in the shop last night drooling on a set of Asantis because I love the flat offset vs the rolled one on the Giovannas. Now if I can just convince the wife she doesnt need any extra money to clutter up our house with new stuff, they will be mine!!!!