:tease:

theloanman219
01-21-08, 12:01 AM
You can't say anything. Miami sucks

Next!

Just kidding :)

dkozloski
01-21-08, 12:21 AM
The Pats are annoying. Go New Jersey Giants.

DILLIGAF
01-21-08, 12:22 AM
Again,my Superbowl watching will be the commercials.Tom Petty<sucks imo

gdwriter
01-21-08, 12:34 AM
And this time with force!

GO PATS! :worship:Nice to know I'm not alone for a change. Seems like everybody else here hates them. I've been a die-hard fan since 1975.

MauiV
01-21-08, 01:19 AM
Im not so much rooting for the Pats as I am rooting against the Giants. I cant root for a POS like Eli to ever win anything.

dkozloski
01-21-08, 01:29 AM
Im not so much rooting for the Pats as I am rooting against the Giants. I cant root for a POS like Eli to ever win anything.
What makes Eli Manning a POS? He's a very polite, quiet, and unassuming young man. He suffers mightily in his brother's shadow. He's more to be pitied than censured. He can't play the piano like Joey Harrington but few people can.

xshrpshtr
01-21-08, 01:35 AM
My Broncos were out as soon as they took the field this year. Last week both teams I was hoping for won. This week both teams i was hoping for lost. Ah well.

dkozloski
01-21-08, 01:47 AM
Has anybody besides me heard Joey Harrington play the piano? I sure hope he doesn't screw up his hands playing football because he has another whole career to look forward to. He was on a TV program one night and somebody mentioned that he played the piano. There happened to be one on the set and he proceeded to play just like Jerry Lee Lewis aand Floyd Cramer put together. At that point nobody was interested in football anymore and just wanted him to play.

xshrpshtr
01-21-08, 02:01 AM
I wish I could play the piano. I'm no musician. Never heard him play but I'm already jealous.

Brett
01-21-08, 11:12 AM
What makes Eli Manning a POS?

do a google search for eli manning+san diego chargers

yes, he refused to sign with the chargers on draft day AND demanded to be traded when they drafted him anyway. and yes less than a year later he demanded to be traded to the chargers when things werent looking so good in NY. Great Teammate :rolleyes:

gdwriter
01-21-08, 11:18 AM
I wish I could play the piano. I'm no musician. Never heard him play but I'm already jealous.:yeah:

I actually own a nice 1920s-vintage upright and having learned to read music singing in choirs as a kid, I've managed to learn how to play simple arrangements of a few pieces I love like Debussey's Claire de Lune, Pachabelle's Canon in D, and Vince Gurauldi's Christmas Time is Here. But it is much harder to learn as an adult than it would have been if I had gotten to take piano lessons as a kid the way I wanted to. Oh well.

dkozloski
01-21-08, 11:29 AM
do a google search for eli manning+san diego chargers

yes, he refused to sign with the chargers on draft day AND demanded to be traded when they drafted him anyway. and yes less than a year later he demanded to be traded to the chargers when things werent looking so good in NY. Great Teammate :rolleyes:
No wonder I admire him. He's my kinda guy. It's quite unususal to encounter a mercenary professional athlete that expreses a team preference. It's kinda like Junior Seau's feaux retirement from the Chargers so he could sneak over to the Pats in the middle of the night. Nothin' worse then a sanctimonious whore.

theloanman219
01-21-08, 11:40 AM
What makes Eli Manning a POS?

Eli manning is not a QB IMO. He is not very good. He got to where he is because of the wings of his father and his brother. Everyone hates the Pats because they have done what no other team has done. If the other manning was where the Pats are now the world would be happy. Tom brady is a stand up good guy. When ever he is interviewed it is always the team, not ME ME ME. He knows there is a lot of room for improvement no matter who you are. A perfect season doesn't mean a perfect quarterback it means a team played perfectly well.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game!

Boy this is fun:stirpot:

dkozloski
01-21-08, 11:52 AM
Eli Manning is the latest of a long line of quarterbacks that everybody criticized because they didn't look pretty like George Blanda, Billy Kilmer, Eddie LeBaron, Ken Stabler, and Fran Tarkenton. All they could do was get the job done.

Brett
01-21-08, 11:58 AM
I take it you never played team sports Koz? and FYI Payton Manning ain't pretty either, yet is pretty much universally considered one of the best ever. If Eli gets a ring he will be an unofficial member of the Trent Dilfer club.

ahahnu
01-21-08, 12:00 PM
I am going to Arizona. I am a Season ticket holder Giant Fan. Thats all I have to say about that.

dkozloski
01-21-08, 12:30 PM
I take it you never played team sports Koz? and FYI Payton Manning ain't pretty either, yet is pretty much universally considered one of the best ever. If Eli gets a ring he will be an unofficial member of the Trent Dilfer club.
It's amazing how hate clouds your eyesight.

Brett
01-21-08, 12:38 PM
LOL...Im from Chicago originally and Moved to Tampa 5 years ago....I have no reason to hate Eli Manning nor do I. I do know a bad teammate when I see one though. For Instance, you would make a Bad Teammate. Eli Manning is a Bad Teammate.

It's amazing how age dulls your judgement

dkozloski
01-21-08, 12:57 PM
LOL...Im from Chicago originally and Moved to Tampa 5 years ago....I have no reason to hate Eli Manning nor do I. I do know a bad teammate when I see one though. For Instance, you would make a Bad Teammate. Eli Manning is a Bad Teammate.

It's amazing how age dulls your judgement
And Junior Seau is a good teammate because the guys he screwed are on another team.

HITMONEY
01-21-08, 01:01 PM
You can't say anything. Miami sucks

Next!

Just kidding :)

Thats why I am not a Miami fan, I can't stand them.

I am a die hard Bucs fan and have been since I was a kid.

I have to stick with the NFC and go with NY as much as I hate to.

Brett
01-21-08, 01:01 PM
Koz: "And Junior Seau is a good teammate because the guys he screwed are on another team."

nope, he is a tool who handled that situation about as bad as possible....I honestly don't think there is a worse way that he could have gone about the whole thing

dkozloski
01-21-08, 01:07 PM
Koz: "And Junior Seau is a good teammate because the guys he screwed are on another team."

nope, he is a tool who handled that situation about as bad as possible....I honestly don't think there is a worse way that he could have gone about the whole thing
We agree on that. He stole from his teammates by accepting gifts at a retirement party and signed with the Pats three days later.
At least you're going to get some satisfaction when the Pats stomp Eli's ass.

Brett
01-21-08, 01:09 PM
LOL.....actually Im on the Giants side....this goes back to the "I dont hate Eli" thing. I'm an NFC guy and will always pull for the NFC team. It's a lesser of two evils game for me.

HITMONEY
01-21-08, 01:14 PM
LOL.....actually Im on the Giants side....this goes back to the "I dont hate Eli" thing. I'm an NFC guy and will always pull for the NFC team. It's a lesser of two evils game for me.

:yeah:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

:yup:

dkozloski
01-21-08, 01:26 PM
Why attack your enemy when he's doing such a good job destroying himself.

HITMONEY
01-21-08, 01:47 PM
If the Pats win, we are gonna have it shoved down our throats for the rest of our lives, just like the 72 Dolphins.... I'm so sick of hearing about the 72 Dolphins for the last 35 years I could puke.... at least it is only every once in a while anymore. If the Pats get it, its gonna start all over again.

Now if it were the Bucs (fat chance) that would be a different story...

:stirpot:

:lildevil:

dkozloski
01-21-08, 02:10 PM
If the Pats win, we are gonna have it shoved down our throats for the rest of our lives, just like the 72 Dolphins.... I'm so sick of hearing about the 72 Dolphins for the last 35 years I could puke.... at least it is only every once in a while anymore. If the Pats get it, its gonna start all over again.

The Bucs lost 26 straight. That's harder than winning 26 straight.

HITMONEY
01-21-08, 02:19 PM
The Bucs lost 26 straight. That's harder than winning 26 straight.

Yeah, we will never live that down.

We almost got out from underneath the record for losing every game in their opening 1976 season by this years Dolphins but the bastard Dolphins won a game.

Brett
01-21-08, 03:24 PM
an argument could be made that it is more difficult to lose all your games than to win them all. Evidence is the dolphins and Pats both won all their regular season games, but only the Bucs lost all of their regular season games. So in theory a team is twice as likely to go undefeated than it is to not win a game at all. Therefore GO BUCS for holding the most difficult of NFL records

MauiV
01-21-08, 03:41 PM
What makes Eli Manning a POS? He's a very polite, quiet, and unassuming young man. .

Eli thought he was bigger than the game. He wanted to not follow the rules that have been in place for decades and though he was above having to play for the team that drafted him. I dont like Elway, Steve Francis, Eric Lindros, JD Drew and anyone else that thinks they are above the game. You go where you are drafted. You do your time and THEN when you are able to be a free agent you go where you want. No one is above that.

If the NFL owners had the nuts to feed a squirel they would have blackballed him and we would see how much he enjoyed playing in the likes of Edmonton. But of course there are guys with no scrupples like Jerry Jones that would jump on him the 1st chance he got.

As far as Peyton is concerned, he has accomplished a lot for someone with Downs Syndrome, but since he played for Tennessee and is currently at Indy I cant root for him either.

HITMONEY
01-21-08, 03:54 PM
As far as Peyton is concerned, he has accomplished a lot for someone with Downs Syndrome, but since he played for Tennessee and is currently at Indy I cant root for him either.

:zing:

theloanman219
01-21-08, 04:36 PM
Thats why I am not a Miami fan, I can't stand them.

I am a die hard Bucs fan and have been since I was a kid.

I have to stick with the NFC and go with NY as much as I hate to.

We me Earnest Graham at a car show last year in Cape Coral at the highschool where he went to. He is a cool buy and the Bucs are decent team. To me it is not only about winning, it is about the attitude of the game. We fans pay their salaries and its cool when the see that. I don't hate any manning. They are both great quarterbacks. Lets face it they are a hell of a lot better than we are.

Now there have to be some Pats fans out there....

HITMONEY
01-21-08, 05:28 PM
Its all in good fun... I don't really "Hate" anyone because of what team they are on or because they are 10 times better than my team.

I understand they are incredible athletes and they work extremely hard to get to where they are.

I appreciate all their talents, charity work, etc etc..

But what fun is it if you can't talk smack about other teams!!!

At the end of the day, I just enjoy a good football game no matter who is playing.

dkozloski
01-21-08, 06:42 PM
Eli thought he was bigger than the game. He wanted to not follow the rules that have been in place for decades and though he was above having to play for the team that drafted him. I dont like Elway, Steve Francis, Eric Lindros, JD Drew and anyone else that thinks they are above the game. You go where you are drafted. You do your time and THEN when you are able to be a free agent you go where you want. No one is above that.

If the NFL owners had the nuts to feed a squirel they would have blackballed him and we would see how much he enjoyed playing in the likes of Edmonton. But of course there are guys with no scrupples like Jerry Jones that would jump on him the 1st chance he got.

There were extenuating circumstances with Eli refusing to play for San Diego. The Charger offensive line was so bad he was likely to get killed or severely injured and there was every indication it was going to stay that way. The proof of that is Philip Rivers gimping around on a permanently bad knee. Being a good teammate is one thing and being a suicidal idiot is another.

Brett
01-21-08, 07:13 PM
your justification system is interesting.....So Eli didnt want to play for the Chargers because he was afraid for his life? Drew Brees and Philip Rivers are alive. QB's get injured, even on teams other than the Chargers.

Eli's power play was pathetic, made even funnier by his demand to be traded to that same team 10 months later, then a few years later going to the Super Bowl with the team he wanted to be traded from. It's bordering on comical how idiotic his judgement is.

dkozloski
01-21-08, 07:25 PM
your justification system is interesting.....So Eli didnt want to play for the Chargers because he was afraid for his life? Drew Brees and Philip Rivers are alive. QB's get injured, even on teams other than the Chargers.

Eli's power play was pathetic, made even funnier by his demand to be traded to that same team 10 months later, then a few years later going to the Super Bowl with the team he wanted to be traded from. It's bordering on comical how idiotic his judgement is.
Right! He's taking his team to the Super Bowl. I thought that was the object of the exercise.

Brett
01-21-08, 07:28 PM
yes and if he had his way he would have been losing to the patriots yesterday instead of in 2 weeks.

HITMONEY
01-21-08, 07:53 PM
yes and if he had his way he would have been losing to the patriots yesterday instead of in 2 weeks.

:rofl:

:food-snacking:

dkozloski
01-21-08, 08:52 PM
Eli is a good example of it's better to be lucky than good.

Brett
01-21-08, 08:53 PM
Yes...

theloanman219
01-21-08, 09:15 PM
Eli is a *** and his brother is a queer! :)

:want::stirpot::alchi::thepan::bouncy::rant2::legh ump::wisdom:

MauiV
01-21-08, 11:17 PM
:yeah:

dkozloski
01-21-08, 11:37 PM
Their dad Archie was always a second-tier quarterback at best. Nobody would have confused him with Johnny Unitas, Steve Young, or John Elway.

MauiV
01-21-08, 11:46 PM
Archie is the prime example of what happens to a good player on a shitty team.

Earl Campbell is #2.

dkozloski
01-22-08, 12:00 AM
Archie is the prime example of what happens to a good player on a shitty team.

Earl Campbell is #2.
Walter Payton
Gayle Sayers
O.J. Simpson
Bert Jones
Cortez Kennedy
John Brodey

theloanman219
01-22-08, 10:52 AM
hahah you said OJ Simpson.

Hey if the glove fits.......

dkozloski
01-22-08, 01:22 PM
OJ served his time in purgatory with the Buffalo Bills. Evidently he didn't learn anything there.

theloanman219
01-22-08, 02:53 PM
Yeah cut hard right and slice left!

MauiV
01-22-08, 07:13 PM
And always run when chased.