: Eibach springs and Ride Quality

Z06-PWRD
01-20-08, 07:58 PM
Before I invest in a set of lowering springs I want to make sure they are not going to make my ride quality go to hell. I know they will be a little stiffer but just how much is what I need to know. Anybody out there with eibach or equal springs chime in and let me know what you think about them. Also has anybody put any kind of air suspension on their car if so let me know what kind and if it works, nothing getto, I am looking for functional. Thanks

thebigjimsho
01-20-08, 08:14 PM
Air suspension will take away from the performance of the V. As for springs, many of us have the Ground Control kit with different rate springs. A 550/500 lb setup with the FG2 package works extremely well...

Wads56
01-20-08, 09:39 PM
I just did the Eibach's a few weeks ago and I'm not to happy. It feels that the rear wants to come around easier on hard turns, and the front is to bouncy. The back end sits up to high compared to the front (yes I did the shock mod) and it is driving me nuts:rant2:
Now that I think of it has anyone checked if the "shock mod" is still not enough? Will the car sit lower with different shocks, or is it the spring that keeps it jacked up?
Anyways I love the look on the front end. It is slammed! There is no fender gap at all. The rears have about 3/4"

pimpcaddy
01-20-08, 11:35 PM
Get the KW set-up. You won't regret it.

v-sam
01-21-08, 09:11 AM
I did the Eibach springs with the FG2 shocks and Eibach sway bars. Love the ride quailty. That said the gap in the rear pisses me off. Looks great in the front but way too much gap in the rear of the car. The trade off between track and road is pretty nice. No to mention the price of the Eibach springs $238 from tire rack. I track the car a lot but it is still my daily driver so I did'nt want a ride that would beat me to death.

NormV
01-21-08, 09:20 AM
I just did the Eibach's a few weeks ago and I'm not to happy. It feels that the rear wants to come around easier on hard turns, and the front is to bouncy. The back end sits up to high compared to the front (yes I did the shock mod) and it is driving me nuts:rant2:
Now that I think of it has anyone checked if the "shock mod" is still not enough? Will the car sit lower with different shocks, or is it the spring that keeps it jacked up?
Anyways I love the look on the front end. It is slammed! There is no fender gap at all. The rears have about 3/4"

Just a shock change on the rear.

Norm

Rey
01-21-08, 11:17 AM
I have been looking at Eibachs for some time now, and have decided against them. My comments are limited to ride quality with normal street driving. In my opinion, Eibachs lower the front too much and cause clearance problems and pavement scrapes. I drove TPIS's CTS-V with Eibachs and QA1 shocks set at number 6 position and found the ride quality to be choppy and much too harsh. Then, TPIS adjusted the QA1s to #2 position and the ride was actually nicer than my stock CTS-V springs and shocks. So, it may well be that ride quality is more dependent upon shock dampening,
There was a thread of someone who had tried Eibachs and did not like the front ride height. He went to stock front springs with 2/3 of a coil cut and Eibach rear springs, and was quite happy with this combination.

rand49er
01-21-08, 02:46 PM
GC here with Eibachs (600 front/650 rear). Just put in FG2s.

Ride quality? Significantly firmer than stock. Very taught. I love it.

thebigjimsho
01-21-08, 04:30 PM
GC here with Eibachs (600 front/650 rear). Just put in FG2s.

Ride quality? Significantly firmer than stock. Very taught. I love it.I think that would be great for some. The 500/550 would be great for most others as it is really well matched to the FG2. If someone valued a softer ride, they can go softer.

CadiKing2006
01-21-08, 09:14 PM
i did eibach mod and ride is stiffer but not too bad and you had to properly do the rear shock mod b/c if you didnt then only the rear will be alot higher than front. Otherwise you should notice a difference but not much of it