: 2000 Deville with northstar

Wally Banger
01-20-08, 10:24 AM
A friend of mine has asked me if I would change the valve cover gaskets in his Deville.
I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on how it is done or would he be better off going to the dealer.
Thank You

01-20-08, 11:56 AM
The Left bank (front) cam cover has a water pump drive pulley attached to the intake cam, so you need a puller to use a P/S pump pulley remover/installer to get it off in order to get the cover off.

The right bank cam cover (rear) is very close to the firewall. Not sure if there is enough clearance. You may have to lower the cradle.

01-20-08, 01:18 PM
Ranger. You're confusing me now with the left right front rear thing. This is the way I thought it was but in that other thread you stated the opposite.

01-20-08, 04:22 PM
What other thread? Maybe I need to correct something. Can't imagine I screwed THAT up.

Engine faces the passenger side so left bank is closest to the front of the car. Right bank is closer to the rear or firewall.

Just found and corrected it. Sorry for the confusion.