: Volvo People

Stoneage_Caddy
01-18-08, 10:47 PM
These are some of the dumest people on earth. Bar none , even worse then Corolla Owners. At work they go right thru the service drive at around 30 mph. then come around to the back side of the bulding and come barreling into my stall .....

This is common , 31 times so far , 2 times acutally hitting me with there car as i was working on a car on a lift above me.

Typically they get out and say "hi i need my oil changed today , ill be waiting inside" ......3 of them when asked about why they did it they say "it doesnt look very busy here today so i just brought it in" , thats no appointment or anything , something just posessed them to bring it into the dealer and right into my bay. They all ask how long it will take me to do the service and when i tell them they leave for inside with car keys in hand.

Yesterday a XC90 rolled into my stall while i was working on an S80. I drop my tools and walk over to the woman. She about 31 years old ,heavy arabic accent,blasting some sort of middle eastern music, has problems with her 2008 XC90. I tell her to stay put and ill get the service advisor. She says "no you just fix my car right NOW".

Now im pissed , but im still being nice so i say "Ok maam , what seems to be wrong with your car?"

She says "It just doesnt feel right"

I ask "Is it making a noise?"

she says "I dont know"

I say "Is there any lights on on the dash or messages?"

she says "I dont know but it sqeaks"

I say "Ok so its making a noise , is it when you pull up to a stop sign"

She freaks out , and yells "I DONT KNOW!!! THESE QUESTIONS ARE TOO TECHNICAL"

now im confused.....She says "Go put hook the ****ing computer up to it and find out whats wrong"

I say "I cannot do that becuse first off your parked on top of the cord , and second becuse you parked right under the car its connected to thats on my lift"

She says "I KNOW IM A WOMAN BUT YOU DONT NEED TO USE ALL THAT TECHNICAL TALK TO MAKE ME FEEL STUPID"

Now i cant even talk , Im so confused , and so pissed at the woman that id really just like to slap her around.

So i walk away , and got my manager ...He coaxed her out of the car and put her in a rental and sent her on her way ...

There was nothing wrong with her XC90 , went over it for 2 hours and found nothing ....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-18-08, 11:00 PM
HAHAHAHA! Holy shit Mike...you're a bigger man than I am. I mean I've dealt with a lot of bullshit in this job, but I think someone as insistent, ignorant and downright bitchy as that would have sent me over the edge.

"Maam, get the **** out of here." <<<< Words out of my mouth, as the clenched teeth inside my visibly shaking and red head (due to the massive amount of anger and rage I'd be feeling at the present situation) try and hold in my tongue against any further prolonged damage to the customer's ego, self esteem or my job.

Man, I had a good one the other night.

Last week, this lady calls in and tells me that her '94 Corsica has killed 2x on her yesterday, and that she's leaking a lot of power steering fluid, so I tell her we could check it out for her and figure out what's going on. So she comes in, and I get her written up and we look at it, and we didn't get it to act up for us with the driveability concern, but we see that it's leaking a LOT of power steering fluid from the rack and steering gear, so I worked up an estimate for the steering problem, and it turned out to be like $1500, so she declined it (obviously...it was a '94 Corsica with 174k on it). So she picks up her car, happy and everything.

Now here's where it gets good.

She calls me back on Tuesday afternoon, and tells me that the night she picked up her car (5 days ago mind you!) her blower didn't work anymore. Initially this throws a big red flag for me, because if it honestly happened at the time she picked it up, she would have brought it to my attention then, not five days later. So I tell her to bring it in and we'll check it out again....the whole time she's trying to blame us (I even told her we didn't go in the dashboard for anything). So she comes in, and I take a look at it real quick before I write it up.

On the Corsicas, the HVAC control center consists of three knobs...fan speed, mode selector knob (where you can turn it off too) and temperature. First thing I see is the mode selector knob in the "OFF" position, so I turn it to "VENT" and turn the fan on to "3", and whaddya know....it turns right on. I tried level "4", works just fine. I say "maam, you've had it off for the last 5 days". Her responce (and I SHIT YOU NOT!) "oh that's what that does? I didn't know that, I've always left it on defrost." :banghead: Then she says something to try and cover up her sheer stupidity, gets back in her POS Corsica, and then proceeds to back over the yellow, four foot tall "WET FLOOR" cone we have in the middle of the service drive.

With those two actions, that women lost ALL credibility with me, the dealership and she makes my "all time dumbass moves" list. She would be #3.

LS1Mike
01-18-08, 11:18 PM
Sweet lord dude. I don't know how I would do it.
The dealerships around here make you wait outside. Which is the SMART thing to do and they pull the car.
Man people like that piss me the **** off. They have not clue.

I did however have the 98 Z28 in the shop once for a leaky window seal. I had one of the First LS1 Camaros out here at anyrate as I cross the street to
get a Mocha I see my car come out of the Dealer lot Sideways smoke rolling off the back tires. I just laughed.
I never said anything because that dealer covered EVERYTHING under warranty even after I started modding.

MauiV
01-18-08, 11:23 PM
Are any of the above mentioned UPS pilots?

I have to go deal with them right now as a matter of fact. Good night all.

caddydaddy
01-18-08, 11:24 PM
Wow, those are some dumb people! But I've encountered quite a few smart Volvo owners on the forums I used to frequent when I had a 240.
I'm still trying to restrain myself from dropping a Cad 472 into a 240! :)

Stoneage_Caddy
01-18-08, 11:29 PM
240 owners were a diffrent breed of volvo owner ....before the cars became a status symbol ...

The whole reason i came to volvo was becuse of the 240 and 850 cars

id like to build a up a Turbo 4.1 Buick V6 with a 6 speed behind it and slide it into a 93 240 "Classic" Wagon

I worked on a 240 with 450k on it the other day ....

gdwriter
01-19-08, 03:24 AM
Yet more examples of why I could never work in a service job dealing with the general public. I'm sure I'd get my ass fired before lunchtime telling a customers, "I'm sorry, but you're just too f***ing stupid to live."

c5 rv
01-19-08, 12:21 PM
I bought a 1980 244 new - pretty base unit including manual transmission. I took it to a dealer in Detroit for service and when I picked it up, something told me to check under the hood before starting the car. Lucky I did, there were tools sitting on top of the engine.

dkozloski
01-19-08, 04:57 PM
A friend of mine had a Volvo 444 back in the late '50s that looked like a '48 Ford that shrank in the car wash. The neatest feature was a bathtub chain the hung out of the middle of the dash board that when you pulled it out is raised a window shade looking thing in front of the radiator so you could get some heat out of the heater in cold weather.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-19-08, 06:08 PM
another hotrod car id like to have ....a 444 .... it would go really well with a late model volvo turbo 5 cyl in it

93DevilleUSMC
01-19-08, 06:25 PM
These are some of the dumest people on earth. Bar none , even worse then Corolla Owners. At work they go right thru the service drive at around 30 mph. then come around to the back side of the bulding and come barreling into my stall .....

This is common , 31 times so far , 2 times acutally hitting me with there car as i was working on a car on a lift above me.

Typically they get out and say "hi i need my oil changed today , ill be waiting inside" ......3 of them when asked about why they did it they say "it doesnt look very busy here today so i just brought it in" , thats no appointment or anything , something just posessed them to bring it into the dealer and right into my bay. They all ask how long it will take me to do the service and when i tell them they leave for inside with car keys in hand.

Yesterday a XC90 rolled into my stall while i was working on an S80. I drop my tools and walk over to the woman. She about 31 years old ,heavy arabic accent,blasting some sort of middle eastern music, has problems with her 2008 XC90. I tell her to stay put and ill get the service advisor. She says "no you just fix my car right NOW".

Now im pissed , but im still being nice so i say "Ok maam , what seems to be wrong with your car?"

She says "It just doesnt feel right"

I ask "Is it making a noise?"

she says "I dont know"

I say "Is there any lights on on the dash or messages?"

she says "I dont know but it sqeaks"

I say "Ok so its making a noise , is it when you pull up to a stop sign"

She freaks out , and yells "I DONT KNOW!!! THESE QUESTIONS ARE TOO TECHNICAL"

now im confused.....She says "Go put hook the ****ing computer up to it and find out whats wrong"

I say "I cannot do that becuse first off your parked on top of the cord , and second becuse you parked right under the car its connected to thats on my lift"

She says "I KNOW IM A WOMAN BUT YOU DONT NEED TO USE ALL THAT TECHNICAL TALK TO MAKE ME FEEL STUPID"

Now i cant even talk , Im so confused , and so pissed at the woman that id really just like to slap her around.

So i walk away , and got my manager ...He coaxed her out of the car and put her in a rental and sent her on her way ...

There was nothing wrong with her XC90 , went over it for 2 hours and found nothing ....

You have more restraint than I have, sir. You also have my respect. Well done!

Jesda
01-19-08, 07:19 PM
Ford supposedly wants to sell Volvo now.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-19-08, 09:20 PM
last i heard there keeping us .....tho im not sure how much more they could ruin the cars ....

to remove the steering collum on the c70 the first step is to remove the rear seat ...im serious .....

MauiV
01-19-08, 10:02 PM
Removing the rear seat is the first step to install a Maggie on a V too.

MauiV
01-19-08, 10:06 PM
I dated a girl on Island that had a P1800 that was BAD ASS. That was about the only Volvo Id ever own.