: My clutch is being replaced...how much should I have to pay to have addtnl wk done?

syd
01-18-08, 09:43 PM
Hey guys,

My dealer is finally going to replace my clutch under warranty. I decided to pop for a UUC lightweight flywheel at the same time. It's pretty rich for my blood to do as an independent project from the research I did here ($400-900bucks) How much labor should I have to pay for the dealer to install this while it the tranny is out? My service advisor said that having them install it was no problem, but he didn't give me a price? Should I even have to pay? The flywheel is right there isn't it?

thanks in advance,
Syd

dqw1
01-18-08, 10:46 PM
My clutch is also being replaced but not under warranty so consider yourself lucky. My pressure plate and slave cylinder also has to be replaced on my dime, $2100 including labor. I have an 04 V wth 51k miles and an extended warranty! Since you decided to replace the stock flywheel with the UUC, you may have to pay something and you may need to work a deal with the tech doing the work.

TURBO MINI VANS
01-18-08, 11:36 PM
I work at a Car Dealership as a Service Adviser and we are taught in training that clutches are only covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles and ONLY to the original owner. If you are over either one of those parameters then consider yourself blessed. The dealership that I work for is Chevrolet, and when we work on Corvettes there is allot of labor to change out the flywheel. I would say with the V and fair price to change the flywheel with the clutch would be $150.00 (just labor).

Regards
Chuck

Lindsay Cadillac
01-19-08, 08:29 AM
If you are running stock exhaust (i.e. no headers) it's about an hour more to change out the flywheel at the same time you are doing the clutch...