: 75w-90 In Your Engine = Moron

blunted
01-18-08, 11:32 AM
I hope this one doesn't procreate..:cookoo:

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/455091-possible-blown-engine-need-urgent-help.html

nickc50310
01-18-08, 11:49 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! He put tranny oil in his engine. BRILLIANT!

blunted
01-18-08, 11:52 AM
Keep reading.. turns out he didn't change the oil for a year on top of it! LOL

nickc50310
01-18-08, 12:54 PM
Keep reading.. turns out he didn't change the oil for a year on top of it! LOL

HAHA Yeah im on page 6 now....

Spyder
01-18-08, 01:24 PM
I've done some pretty stupid things...but nothing that cost me five grand. I spun the bearings on my STS once...running in summertime at about a hundred and fifteen outside. Not sure what happened but I pulled out to pass a hay truck on a back road and when I slowed it back down I had the sound of a dozen little gnomes with ball peen hammers under the hood, beating on everything they could find made of metal. Oil was proper and filled to the right spot, but it went poorly for me.

Sucks for the kid that screwed up. Probably will never learn.

The Tony Show
01-18-08, 01:31 PM
Ha ha....self pwnage. :lol:

nickc50310
01-18-08, 01:40 PM
I've done some pretty stupid things...but nothing that cost me five grand. I spun the bearings on my STS once...running in summertime at about a hundred and fifteen outside. Not sure what happened but I pulled out to pass a hay truck on a back road and when I slowed it back down I had the sound of a dozen little gnomes with ball peen hammers under the hood, beating on everything they could find made of metal. Oil was proper and filled to the right spot, but it went poorly for me.

Sucks for the kid that screwed up. Probably will never learn.

Doesnt sound like it was your fault to me.......

The thread turns into a stupid ass flamefest after page six. OP never returns.

xshrpshtr
01-18-08, 01:53 PM
My God. If it ever got remotely cold there, it would rip the filter apart inside. I'll bet it's been done before. No doubt.

JTraik
01-18-08, 01:55 PM
Doesnt sound like it was your fault to me.......

The thread turns into a stupid ass flamefest after page six. OP never returns.

Seriously, that forum is ridiculous. It only furthers the stereotype that ricers are douche-bags. The kid was ignorant to proper oil weights... and to oil all together I guess, BIG DEAL he learned from this and will probably learn alot more in weeks to come, those douche's instantly give the kid shit... it seems like everybody there revels in each others misfortunes. Granted I have said some pretty nasty things myself on this forum but those guys are ridiculous!

This is evidence that the Cadillac crowd is much classier/mature than the ricers :D.

Cadillacboy
01-18-08, 05:53 PM
:lol:
Fortunatelly he didn't put steam engine oil
:lol:

Jesda
01-18-08, 09:08 PM
He might as well have filled the crankcase with Dr Pepper.

TexasCadillac
01-18-08, 10:35 PM
he uses the word "thingy" so he must be gay.

LS1Mike
01-18-08, 11:02 PM
Ridiculous.
I however did have this old ass 88 3/4 SBC Silverado. Had like 280,000 original miles on it. Started getting noisy and burning oil. On a 5 and a half quart oil change I always added 1 quart of 80W90. Truck went all the way to 368,000 miles before the transmission finally gave out. Truck was clean, so I gave it to a guy who had a drive train in his garage. I miss that truck, I see it cruising around from time to time.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2873/1663/1600/truck.1.jpg

caddydaddy
01-18-08, 11:19 PM
Wow, sucks to be him! If he lived in the North and started that car in the winter, it would probably NEVER have pumped any oil to the engine!

CadillacSTS42005
01-19-08, 01:39 AM
lol
the worst i ever did was when we went to trade my moms 96 Deville in
oil pump was failing so to mask that i dumped 20w50 in it to try and keep pressure when warm
did the trick and got alot more for it then we would of with a flashing oil light

but seriously he is a moron hopefully hell learn...
probably not though

Red_October_7000
01-19-08, 03:53 AM
lol
the worst i ever did was when we went to trade my moms 96 Deville in
oil pump was failing so to mask that i dumped 20w50 in it to try and keep pressure when warm
did the trick and got alot more for it then we would of with a flashing oil light

but seriously he is a moron hopefully hell learn...
probably not though

Oh Jeez... when my dad was in college he worked at perhaps the sketchiest used car dealership in the world. Common practice to mask a failing motor was to put in largely 90-weight gear lube. This made the motor run real well, for not too long of a time. Another one that supposedly worked was for rough trannies was to put into them banana peels; this would make them shift more smoothly; again, not for too awful long.

Spyder
01-19-08, 11:40 AM
I've run ...ah hell...what the hell am I thinking of? White bottle, cut off the top, super thick amber colored gooey stuff?! Anyways, I ran it in my power steering pump on my '66 Continental for a year and a half with no problems. My STS, after I spun a bearing and put a wrecking yard motor in with an aftermarket oil pressure sensor (which was the problem. ALWAYS use one from Cadillac because idle pressure is like 3 pounds) I put a quart of 20-50 in to keep the pressure high enough. Forty thousand miles later she still runs like a top. (the guy I sold her to tore her up pretty good, but runs great!) My Dodge poly 318 in an old pickup truck had water in the oil for months before I got around to fixing it. (15 and didn't know any better than either) It foamed up so much that the foam bubbled out of the oil fill tube!!! Never lost any bearings on it. I've always used Ford tranny fluid instead of power steering fluid on all of my old cars because its what the old guys I grew up around did. Don't know if its bad for it, but seems to work so far. (Wouldn't do it to a newer car or one I really cared about...) Dumped a half a gallon of diesel into the carb while holding it at about three grand, on the '63 Thunderbird to help quiet down the insides of that motor after it sat for ten years. I've done a lot of the old "band aid" fixes to various old cars that kept going and going and going. Seems like the OLD ones are ok to do this stuff to, the new ones...not so much.

Spyder
01-19-08, 11:40 AM
Power punch is what the white bottle is called!

CadillacSTS42005
01-19-08, 12:05 PM
i thought you ment Lucas Oil Stabilizer lol

93DevilleUSMC
01-19-08, 02:17 PM
Seriously, that forum is ridiculous. It only furthers the stereotype that ricers are douche-bags. The kid was ignorant to proper oil weights... and to oil all together I guess, BIG DEAL he learned from this and will probably learn alot more in weeks to come, those douche's instantly give the kid shit... it seems like everybody there revels in each others misfortunes. Granted I have said some pretty nasty things myself on this forum but those guys are ridiculous!

This is evidence that the Cadillac crowd is much classier/mature than the ricers :D.

Note that none of these rice-heads can spell or use proper grammar. I've only seen one or two comments on that forum intended to help the poor kid. All of the others were bashing him.

DopeStar 156
01-20-08, 07:33 PM
I would love to be there to see him try and get a warranty repair.......

JimHare
01-22-08, 12:42 AM

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/129238-nothing-like-good-dump.html

dkozloski
01-22-08, 01:04 AM
Sawdust is a quick fix for a noisy rear end. The whole banana goes in the transmission. A handful of oatmeal, a can of condensed milk, and a fresh egg fixes a leaky radiator. A piece of bacon rind replacing a rod bearing will get the used car across the lot line. 300W steam cylinder oil in a warm engine will quiet it down and restore oil pressure. Don't shut it off and let it cool.