: Cloverfield 1/18/08

CadillacSTS42005
01-18-08, 11:15 AM
So im going tonight
ive herd its one of the best monster movies EVER
very gory though ive also herd
and the monster actually is a true monster not some pathetic thing ive seen a clip i can post if ppl wanna see

http://www.cloverfield-movie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/cloverfieldsmallslowhu0.gif

Spyder
01-18-08, 12:03 PM
Worst...clip...EVER!

But the movie actually looks pretty good!

CadillacSTS42005
01-18-08, 12:22 PM
hey
best i could find
you can find better PLEASE lemme know

HITMONEY
01-18-08, 02:04 PM
My friend in radio saw the premier last night and said it is a very hectic and frustrating movie.

If you like things explained, this isn't the movie for you.

The monster just shows up with no explination and the ending is suppose to be just that. It just ends.

He said he loved it though, he said the way it was filmed had him feeling like the monster was after him and he actually felt in peril.

Sounds good to me!

MauiV
01-18-08, 02:18 PM
So its Blairwitch meets I am Legend.

Shaky hard to follow camera shots and a HORRIBLE ending?

Ill save the $8

The Tony Show
01-18-08, 02:23 PM
I've read that it's like Godzilla invades the set of Felicity, as filmed by the Blair Witch crew.

Netflix queue.....

RunningOnEMT
01-18-08, 02:26 PM
i want a picture of the damned monster...then i MIGHT go see it

AlBundy
01-18-08, 04:11 PM
:yeah:

HITMONEY
01-18-08, 04:44 PM
Monster appears at about 1 minute 30 seconds.

zBOyG5Bgduk&eurl

dwight.j.carter
01-18-08, 05:50 PM
Oh awesome I didn't know Stay Puff got his own movie I will see it for sure now.

CadillacSTS42005
01-19-08, 02:52 AM
the link i posted has the monster!

CadillacSTS42005
01-19-08, 02:53 AM
Monster appears at about 1 minute 30 seconds.

zBOyG5Bgduk&eurl

ahahahahhahahahaha
staypuff!

CadillacGurl
01-19-08, 02:02 PM
looks like a tasty monster :p

HITMONEY
01-19-08, 08:10 PM
I saw Cloverfield today....

Here is my spolier...

*****THIS MOVIE BLOWS*****

nikon
01-19-08, 09:29 PM
^^^ thats what my girlfriend said....I kinda liked it though.

HITMONEY
01-19-08, 11:48 PM
It gave me a headache from all the camera movement (imagine giving a vid camera to a drunk person running a marathon while in the midst of a seizure and watching what he taped for 90 minutes.) , and thats at the bottom of the list of reasons why this movie sucked.

But, I saw the movie in the most kick ass theater I have ever been to... It has an upper level that is 21 and up, has its own bar and seats (actually they are love seats) better than at my own house.

Your tickets are reserved seating, you pick the seats from a screen and you sit up in a balcony section above the already huge stadium regular seating.

Most amazing movie experience theater wise I've ever had.

Click the link then select Bogarts from the left to see what the upstairs VIP area look like.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rapoportsrg.com/images/body_r9_c1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rapoportsrg.com/club.html&h=110&w=175&sz=5&hl=en&start=2&sig2=ZBlV1cCNw4gBpTqOYxAbOQ&um=1&tbnid=H5tHAWpG9VHGjM:&tbnh=63&tbnw=100&ei=18KSR9_dBoTOeLmE0Qo&prev=/images%3Fq%3DMuvico%2BPalace%2B20%2B%2526%2BThe%2B Premier%2BTheaters,%2BBogart%2527s%2BBar%2B%2526%2 BGrill%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3D firefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

Link to the movie theater part

https://www.muvico.com/default.asp?t=160

nikon
01-20-08, 03:53 AM
Is that the muvico by boomers?? I heard it was pretty nice...don't they have a restaurant too?

HITMONEY
01-20-08, 01:15 PM
Is that the muvico by boomers?? I heard it was pretty nice...don't they have a restaurant too?

Yeah, right down the street from Boomers.

Bogarts is the restaurant.

This place is a must see. I don't know how I am ever going to see a movie in a regular theater again.

CadillacSTS42005
01-20-08, 01:21 PM
wow
what a buzz kill
i still wanna see it tho lol

HITMONEY
01-20-08, 02:07 PM
wow
what a buzz kill
i still wanna see it tho lol

People actually Booed.

Save for 1 or 2 scenes, by far the worst movie I've seen in a while.

Waaaaaaay over hyped.

Nothing is explained, and the little that is has no resolution.

There is no rhyme or reason to anything.

You get one good look at the main monster.

A monster (actually monsters) shows up one day out of the blue.

It destroys crap.

People die.

End of movie.

CadillacSTS42005
01-20-08, 05:56 PM
you didnt stay until after the credits did you?
its all explained then
if you didnt and would like to know ill pm you as i dont wanna ruin it for others

HITMONEY
01-20-08, 06:09 PM
Lol!!

CadillacSTS42005
01-20-08, 06:21 PM
what?
i was told that if you stay after then its explained
while the main character and the gurl are away on vacation and they are filming it you see in the background a UFO
again i havent seen it yet but supposedly alot gets explained at the end after the creds

HITMONEY
01-20-08, 06:44 PM
Here is all that happens after the credits.

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cloverfield059fu3.flv

Supposedly it says "Its still alive" if played in reverse.

<shrugs>

Still horrible.

HITMONEY
01-20-08, 06:49 PM
Apparently you had to do alot of pre-research on the story (ie be a fanboy) to figure anything out.

***Spoiler***

First, I thought the movie was pretty awesome.

Second, as far as Beth goes getting re-bar through her chest and running, you'd be surprised at what adrenaline can do. As long as there are no punctures to the heart our lungs, then she should have had no problem running for her life.

Third, the monster, as far as where it comes from- clues have been dropped all over the place through viral advertising. JJ Abrams created myspaces of some of the main characters in the film, plus company websites for a company called Taraguto and Slusho (which is owned by taraguto). Taraguto does deep sea oil drilling and slusho is a drink made from 'deep sea nectar'. characters drink slusho in the beginning of the movie and a character has a slusho shirt... the monster has lived under the sea(directly from Abrams) and was evidently disturbed by Taraguto's drilling.

Fourth, a piece of one of their satelites fell into the atlantic ocean (reported on the fake taraguto website) ... watch closely and you can catch the satelite fall in the background in the last scene of Rob and Beth at Coney Island saying goodbye to the camera.

And last but not least, after the credits the audio clip says "It's still alive." See for yourself -- http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

Thank you, please come again.

I got that from here:

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/answers2/frontend.php/question?qid=20080118094100AAgzkEk

CadillacSTS42005
01-20-08, 06:49 PM
coulda sworn i read that somewhere...
it was "filmed" when the 2 characters were away when they hooked up

o well im still going

CadillacSTS42005
01-20-08, 06:52 PM
ok that make alot more sense
and yea Hit ive been wanting to see this as soon as i seen the transformers teaser lol
i tried to find out anything i could
they did a good job on keeping the hype high by keeping the information down

Blackout
01-20-08, 07:13 PM
The gf and I saw it yesterday and it sucked so bad! People were booing and were yelling "I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!" did not live up to the hype, nothing is explained unless you decipher all of these viral ads and crap but I like to go to a movie to be entertained not to have to do research before and figure out clues so I know as to what's going on.

CIWS
01-20-08, 11:14 PM
"The creature-feature "Cloverfield" became the first monster hit released in 2008, debuting with $41 million, a record opening for January, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Through the perspective of a hand-held camera, "Cloverfield" tells the story of a monster in New York City.

Paramount's tale of a giant reptile causing chaos in New York City surpassed the $35.9 million premiere weekend of the "Star Wars" special edition in 1997, the previous best for January.

Featuring a cast of unknowns, "Cloverfield" tells its monster story from the perspective of a partygoer's hand-held video camera, which captures the mayhem as the creature tears through the city.

The film benefited from cryptic marketing that sent young moviegoers on a scavenger hunt to decode clues about the movie's plot, images and even its title, which was not confirmed until shortly before its release.'

DILLIGAF
01-21-08, 09:57 PM
Excellent find Hit!

Playdrv4me
01-22-08, 02:18 AM
My friend in radio saw the premier last night and said it is a very hectic and frustrating movie.

If you like things explained, this isn't the movie for you.

The monster just shows up with no explination and the ending is suppose to be just that. It just ends.

He said he loved it though, he said the way it was filmed had him feeling like the monster was after him and he actually felt in peril.

Sounds good to me!

Hectic and frustrating is absolutely correct. I won't say anymore than that, but in typical J.J. Abrams style, the quality of the cinematography and soundtrack was spectacular. However the "storyline" was lame and pretty ****ing unbelievable (and Im not talking about the monster).