: What Fuses Goes In The Power Distribution Fuse Block

01-17-08, 04:05 PM
I bought a 1999 Catera unseen and with a lot of help have finally realized that there are suppose to be maxi fuses in the power distribution block that is on top of the battery. Trouble is I don't know what size fuses it takes. Called the Cadillac dealer and they said that they had no idea but if I could tell them what size fuse I needed they could order them..(DUH) Could someone look at the fuse block and tell me what size they are and where they gol\.

01-17-08, 05:30 PM
If you look at the gray fuse holder, it holds (4) 80 amp maxi fuses. The single green holds (1) 30 amp maxi fuse. Hopefully this will get you going.

01-17-08, 05:47 PM
Got the fuses put in. It cranked right up and ran like a sewing machine for about 5 minutes and then shut down like I had turned the switch off. Now it wont fire at all. Any ideas.

01-17-08, 08:28 PM
Do you mean it has no power or won't start?

01-18-08, 09:08 AM
Do you mean it has no power or won't start?
I'm sorry that I am not being very clear on my problems. I mean it won't start. Also I let it set over night and went to start it and it started right up. Only problem is it ran for about 3 to 5 minutes and shut down again like before.

01-18-08, 09:55 AM
Is the Check Engine Light on? What about the Sport Light (it looks like a gear with an "S" inside)? My car died recently and the Sport Light was flashing but no CEL. It restarted after sitting for a few minutes. I suspect the crankcase position sensor but can't verify it until I receive the new sensor. It sounds like the seller stripped your car of parts to fix another Catera. I'd call him/her and find out what else is missing besides fuses and the power steering tank.