: What Fuses Goes In The Power Distribution Fuse Block

disisjc
01-17-08, 04:05 PM
I bought a 1999 Catera unseen and with a lot of help have finally realized that there are suppose to be maxi fuses in the power distribution block that is on top of the battery. Trouble is I don't know what size fuses it takes. Called the Cadillac dealer and they said that they had no idea but if I could tell them what size fuse I needed they could order them..(DUH) Could someone look at the fuse block and tell me what size they are and where they gol\.
Thanks
J.C.

sccatera97
01-17-08, 05:30 PM
If you look at the gray fuse holder, it holds (4) 80 amp maxi fuses. The single green holds (1) 30 amp maxi fuse. Hopefully this will get you going.
Alex

disisjc
01-17-08, 05:47 PM
Got the fuses put in. It cranked right up and ran like a sewing machine for about 5 minutes and then shut down like I had turned the switch off. Now it wont fire at all. Any ideas.

sccatera97
01-17-08, 08:28 PM
Do you mean it has no power or won't start?

disisjc
01-18-08, 09:08 AM
Do you mean it has no power or won't start?
I'm sorry that I am not being very clear on my problems. I mean it won't start. Also I let it set over night and went to start it and it started right up. Only problem is it ran for about 3 to 5 minutes and shut down again like before.

elvin315
01-18-08, 09:55 AM
Is the Check Engine Light on? What about the Sport Light (it looks like a gear with an "S" inside)? My car died recently and the Sport Light was flashing but no CEL. It restarted after sitting for a few minutes. I suspect the crankcase position sensor but can't verify it until I receive the new sensor. It sounds like the seller stripped your car of parts to fix another Catera. I'd call him/her and find out what else is missing besides fuses and the power steering tank.

Elvin