: Caddy problems (dealers fault)

ultravorx
05-21-03, 08:27 AM
Well, after the service manager agreed to repair the dent, they were also going to finally fix the weather stripping for my drivers front door. Well, last night they called to pick up the car. THe weather stripping was fixed, the dent was 90% gone. But 2 MORE problems arose. THe area where the dent was/is, the paint is cracked! I gues the dent wizard(or who ever) does this cracked the paint on my car. This is horrible, I try to wash, wax and detail my car as much as possible. Even with all that work, a 1" crack in the paint will eventually start to peel, especially in the winter. I do have the diamond white paint, so even if they repaint the fender, what are the chances that it will match the rest of the car? Do i need a whole new paint job?
The other issue is my tire pressure monitor says 15 psi for my LF tire. The tire looks fine, and when i checked it with a pressure gauge, it reads 34psi, but the monitor reads 15psi. There was NO issue with this prior to bringing my car in. I just dont understand how I manage to get a new problems EVERY time i bring in my car to this dealership. I would switch dealerships, but this one needs to fix the problems they incurred before i can bring it else where. If anyone has ideas about the paint, please let me know,
Frank

AKPsiMC03
05-21-03, 12:11 PM
call them back... if they caused the dent if the first place, they are responsible for making it 100% gone and having perfect paint there again. Call up a regional manager and demand that this delaership give you a brand new fender with fresh paint on it.

ultravorx
05-22-03, 08:46 AM
Update: After talking with the used car sales manager, he said the car would be repainted and fixed as necessary. So soon, i'll have before/after pics for all of you,
Frank