: What is next - ? for V GOD's

qqik4u
01-16-08, 10:53 AM
So - all I know is how to get bolt on items - If I venture into more power than my current config. What is in sequence of upgrades that I should follow. Here is my mods currently: -

06 CTS-V W/ Maggie, Kooks headers, CAI Lingenfelter, high flow cats, corsa exhaust, Nitto tires on 18 OEM, Cags Eliminator, UUC shifter, UUC Knob, upgraded bushings, Racing pedals, SS Brakes, Red Calipers, Black wheels, tinted windows, blackened grill, Dual DVD headrest, Dyno/Tune MD Tony's Corvette:
590HP at crank, 486rwHP.

Not looking towards any nitrous.

Flyboy
01-16-08, 10:59 AM
Just curious.

How do you know you're "crank" HP? Was the engine dyno'd by itself?

onebadcad
01-16-08, 11:12 AM
Looks complete to me, maybe a cam, but do not do heads.
Save your money and get a used C6 for a DD.

rand49er
01-16-08, 11:20 AM
... Save your money and get a used C6 for a DD.Easy for you to say. :worship:

FIVEOH!!!
01-16-08, 11:31 AM
So - all I know is how to get bolt on items - If I venture into more power than my current config. What is in sequence of upgrades that I should follow. Here is my mods currently: -

06 CTS-V W/ Maggie, Kooks headers, CAI Lingenfelter, high flow cats, corsa exhaust, Nitto tires on 18 OEM, Cags Eliminator, UUC shifter, UUC Knob, upgraded bushings, Racing pedals, SS Brakes, Red Calipers, Black wheels, tinted windows, blackened grill, Dual DVD headrest, Dyno/Tune MD Tony's Corvette:
590HP at crank, 486rwHP.

Not looking towards any nitrous.

Did Tony Corvette install the Maggie for you?

SkullV
01-16-08, 11:33 AM
Get rid of the maggie and get a procharger...

Fire and Ice
01-16-08, 11:35 AM

I'll second that one and a nice set of AFR heads to boot! You'll have more power than you know what to do with. :highfive:

qqik4u
01-16-08, 11:48 AM
Did Tony Corvette install the Maggie for you?

No - Bought the car from the dealerhsip new and had them install the maggie and B&B exhaust (which I had to switch out for corsa to match better with Kooks headers)

qqik4u
01-16-08, 11:50 AM

So what's the price damage on that?

SkullV
01-16-08, 11:56 AM
So what's the price damage on that?

$8,399.99 installed

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/performance_parts/index.html?item=434

Epp are the only guys doing it, right now they have a forum members car in for an upgraded kit with engine upgrades and meth injection and are predicting 850+whp.....they have the build documented on their site! :worship:

qqik4u
01-16-08, 12:21 PM
Looks complete to me, maybe a cam, but do not do heads.
Save your money and get a used C6 for a DD.

Thanks - that would be my next upgrade (CAM) - BTW - Will the car become more abnoxiously loud with a CAM?

Fire and Ice
01-16-08, 12:27 PM
As you increase airflow through the engine (better heads, cam, rockers, intake, exhaust, etc) typically you also get more noise. You could always opt for a quieter exhaust system if it gets too loud for you.

FIVEOH!!!
01-16-08, 12:28 PM
can't you also order the EPP Package and have another shop install it for you?

Flyboy
01-16-08, 01:07 PM
Thanks - that would be my next upgrade (CAM) - BTW - Will the car become more abnoxiously loud with a CAM?

Is there such a thing (i.e., toooooo loud?)

LOL

Mine has Katech Headers, No cats, corsa exhaust and a CAM....only loud when I push toooooo hard on the "loud" pedal..

Go for it.

Fire and Ice
01-16-08, 01:11 PM
Well... I guess that depends on how you look at it.

From a Cop's perspective... I was looking at a life sentence, no possibility of parole. :D

From MY perspective, running open headers on an 800HP street driven car was a lot of fun. Granted my neighbors didn't appreciate it.

There were times I wish it was quieter so I could drive it more often.

qqik4u
Is there such a thing (i.e., toooooo loud?)

LOL

Mine has Katech Headers, No cats, corsa exhaust and a CAM....only loud when I push toooooo hard on the "loud" pedal..

Go for it.

The idle truck like sound - I don't like that, but yeah understand your comment :-)

Thanks for the feedback - I think I have the direction to go "CAM" - Any recommendation to pick from?

onebadcad
can't you also order the EPP Package and have another shop install it for you?

Yes, install on the V is not easy though, as I do recall one owner had to shave/fab his strut tower. It has been said many times on this Forum, the Maggie is a great adder for the stock motor. If you are building a low-compression Stroker, the PC is for you. You can utilize the PC to its full potential with stock internals. The Maggie also pulls from 0-6,600 RPM, but does suffer from heat stroke. Both are great, but you really need to think about where you are taking your V.

onebadcad
01-16-08, 01:17 PM
Easy for you to say. :worship:

I know I am blessed/fortunate, but after 16 years of never buying a new car (leased a Passat in '01), I went a little crazy the past three. The '05 C6 was a steal, $20K from my biz partner (20K miles on the clock 13 months ago)-he got an '07 C6Z, got the PC SC new as a 'project car' for $3K, and now have 600RWHP for around $30K:thumbsup:. Of course the wife was told it was for her, but she decided after the full exhaust went on it was just another annoyance in her driveway.
I may have ate up a few years of my early retirement, but it was more than worth it!!!

onebadcad
01-16-08, 01:20 PM

This is the cam I used when installed Maggie on my LS6:
Duration @ .050 220 intake 228 exhaust
Lift is .530 intake and .555 exhaust
Lobe sep 117

Not too lopey (sp?), not too loud (noticeable but does not create the sound that your car is ready to stall), just right and came in at 490RWHP after tune. Based on other Maggies without a cam, it appears good for 25-30RWHP.

Flyboy
01-16-08, 01:25 PM
The idle truck like sound - I don't like that, but yeah understand your comment :-)

Thanks for the feedback - I think I have the direction to go "CAM" - Any recommendation to pick from?

My idle is nice and "low key".....A slight "shake" like the old Pontiac "shakers".....years ago. I really like the feel.

Katech did my install. The part number I show is "Torquer Camshaft, - KAT-4074."

Jason is the guy at Katech to speak with. 586.791.4120

Have Fun

qqik4u
01-16-08, 01:37 PM
Thanks all for your help - Maybe see some folks out at the V day at summit point in May - My first time at the track.

SkullV
01-16-08, 02:57 PM
I will be there qqik it will also be my first time out!