: How the hell can HSW sell nitrous kits so cheap???

nikon
01-15-08, 11:20 PM
Been looking at this dry kit.
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/product.php?productid=16658&cat=365&page=1
..and a wet kit a fellow member has for sale...just wondering how can they be so much cheaper than the competition??? A comparable dry kit of any other brand is in the 5-600$ range and way more for a wet kit....I've seen a couple people with their kits...just wondering is quality an issue? Or reliability? Since I'd really like to pull the trigger on this......I'd love to get the wet kit (good deal) but am a little worried If I need to take it in for warranty work it's gonna be too much of a hassle to remove the kit............comments/suggestions welcome......just looking for some cheap speed any supporting mods that I'd need for a 75-100shot? I've got a cat-back currently....so I'm basically stock.

Thanks.

and as far as window switches go....how does this one look
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/product.php?productid=16509&cat=308&page=1

and how the hell does the window switch know when I'm in first gear???

csp3000
01-15-08, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the darkside justin, i have been saving a seat at the table for you...:devil:

faylix
01-16-08, 12:07 AM
hahahahahaha.

I almost joined the dark side.

Then I found out something else to spend my money on. Ill tell you guys about it this weekend.

trukk
01-16-08, 11:02 AM
hahahahahaha.

I almost joined the dark side.

Then I found out something else to spend my money on. Ill tell you guys about it this weekend.

I hope it's not 20's :D

-Chris

csp3000
01-16-08, 11:15 AM

-Chris

Hey whats wrong with really nice light weight 3 piece 20inch rims:want:

I love my HRE 593 20's...:cloud9:

onebadcad
01-16-08, 11:25 AM
J,
You need to look at these guys:

http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/

They are local (Fort Lauderdale), and I believe they do installs.
Go with a two-stage 600 shot:).

faylix
01-16-08, 11:53 AM

-Chris

You ride me about rims all the time! I've never even mentioned getting them! :want:

I got introduced through a personal friend to the same tattoo artist that does NaS and Rick Ross. He's putting me at the front of the line and has a vision thats gonna take 3 or 4 sessions. :worship:

first bout of torture begins this friday:alchi:

911ss
01-16-08, 12:02 PM
hsw has great products and ive never heard of any problems.

Twitch
01-16-08, 12:16 PM
This has been at the back of my mind for a while now. I need to learn a lot more about it before I do anything.

onebadcad
01-16-08, 01:07 PM
Nitrous has its pros and cons, the best arguement is price per additional HP, beats power adders and H/C by a mile.
Of course there is a huge negative, far worse than an empty bottle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvUC4J8JVac

trukk
01-16-08, 02:37 PM
You ride me about rims all the time! I've never even mentioned getting them! :want:

I got introduced through a personal friend to the same tattoo artist that does NaS and Rick Ross. He's putting me at the front of the line and has a vision thats gonna take 3 or 4 sessions. :worship:

first bout of torture begins this friday:alchi:
LOL, it's all good. Just bustin balls. I can't let you forget your first few days on the forum :D

-Chris

trukk
01-16-08, 02:38 PM
Hey whats wrong with really nice light weight 3 piece 20inch rims:want:

I love my HRE 593 20's...:cloud9:

:pimp

:D

-Chris

faylix
01-16-08, 03:34 PM
LOL, it's all good. Just bustin balls. I can't let you forget your first few days on the forum :D

-Chris

Was it you who called me out for driving a Subaru?

Arent you the one all about performance? That car would have run rings around you.

faylix
01-16-08, 03:35 PM
Nitrous has its pros and cons, the best arguement is price per additional HP, beats power adders and H/C by a mile.
Of course there is a huge negative, far worse than an empty bottle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvUC4J8JVac

that was awesome.

onebadcad
01-16-08, 03:49 PM
that was awesome.

... for everyone but the owner:eek:!

nikon
01-16-08, 06:26 PM
ok so, supporting mods if any??? 911 what if anything have you done to your V?...is a cat-back and replacing the stock squeeze tube enough?

nikon
01-16-08, 06:27 PM
Welcome to the darkside justin, i have been saving a seat at the table for you...:devil:

:p :stirpot:

We should have the house on the market soon...so I figured this is what I'd treat myself with :D

trukk
01-16-08, 08:36 PM
that was awesome.

Ouchie!

Was it you who called me out for driving a Subaru?

Arent you the one all about performance? That car would have run rings around you.
No...wasn;t me. I just teased you endlessly for starting your first thread "19's or 20's".

My dad can beat up your dad.....

Seriously though, yes I'm more function thatn form. As for that scooby, there is always one better....you might be the one! (or not).

-Chris

911ss
01-16-08, 11:39 PM
ok so, supporting mods if any??? 911 what if anything have you done to your V?...is a cat-back and replacing the stock squeeze tube enough?

ive never seen a problem spraying while being completely stock.

Twitch
01-17-08, 09:40 AM
I want to know what you need also. Anything to make it better/safer for your motor. I'd be looking at a dry system.
Also, why do people blow motors? Is it by using too much for too long? Power hungry?
Dumb question, but what does the shot count mean? I assume its horsepower.
Lower shots, safer for your motor???
I doubt I'll ever drag the car, and only use it in high gears,,,RARELY.

LUVMY04V
01-17-08, 09:49 AM
I will sell u my dual nozzel wet kit that was on my cts!!!!! :rolleyes:

I have a sweet NX kit (the one that used to be on my cts if any one is iterested )

here is what i got and the prices new

10lb bottle (over 200 )
Nx remote opener(250 )
NX Lightning fuel soelonoid (180 )
NX lightnig nitrous soelonoid (180 )
NX purge lightning series (120)
fuel saftey switch (60)
nx bottle heater(over 150)
autometer electric c2 itrous pressure gauge and pod (175 )
two shark nozzles (55 bucks a piece)
all the lines for a dual nozzles and y splitters (over 150)
and a bunch of other stuff for like switches and wires and junk

new it will cost around 1500 bucks

I will sell it all for 650 if someone wants it.

let me know

nikon
01-18-08, 06:09 PM
I will sell u my dual nozzel wet kit that was on my cts!!!!! :rolleyes:

I have a sweet NX kit (the one that used to be on my cts if any one is iterested )

here is what i got and the prices new

10lb bottle (over 200 )
Nx remote opener(250 )
NX Lightning fuel soelonoid (180 )
NX lightnig nitrous soelonoid (180 )
NX purge lightning series (120)
fuel saftey switch (60)
nx bottle heater(over 150)
autometer electric c2 itrous pressure gauge and pod (175 )
two shark nozzles (55 bucks a piece)
all the lines for a dual nozzles and y splitters (over 150)
and a bunch of other stuff for like switches and wires and junk

new it will cost around 1500 bucks

I will sell it all for 650 if someone wants it.

let me know

you mean your not gonna spray the V????

how high of a dry shot can you go anyways??

LUVMY04V
01-18-08, 09:57 PM
you mean your not gonna spray the V????

how high of a dry shot can you go anyways??on a ls6 only the injectors would keep you under a 150.....but very safely you could run a 75 :Dhowever my kit goes to 300 if needed :yup:

and yes I would love to spray the v but i just bought it and exhaust and tint come first so i need to raise money for those...because i put most my disposable cash into the car to get my payments to where i wanted :o

nikon
01-18-08, 11:26 PM
How bout safely 100??? Do I need to do cooler plugs or what?? Or just bolt on and start spraying and I should be fine.

LUVMY04V
01-19-08, 08:05 AM
How bout safely 100??? Do I need to do cooler plugs or what?? Or just bolt on and start spraying and I should be fine.
with a 75 no plugs needed 100 is borderline from what i know I would probebly change to a colder plug at that point to be safe. For the record go to ls1 tech nitrous forums and all the info is in there :thumbsup:

HiTechRV
01-19-08, 09:55 AM
On other cars going to copper plugs is a way to be safer. If the NOS is a little off with copper plugs, you burn off the plug tip instead of a hole in your piston.

Dry is a lot safer than wet, until you try to go bigger than your injectors or fuel pump can handle - then lean and BOOM. Wet puddles up fuel in the intake and then ignites it if you get it wronk. BIG boom!

Wet is the only way to get big power from NOS.

LUVMY04V
01-19-08, 10:04 AM
On other cars going to copper plugs is a way to be safer. If the NOS is a little off with copper plugs, you burn off the plug tip instead of a hole in your piston.

Dry is a lot safer than wet, until you try to go bigger than your injectors or fuel pump can handle - then lean and BOOM. Wet puddles up fuel in the intake and then ignites it if you get it wronk. BIG boom!

Wet is the only way to get big power from NOS.DI is the only safe way to go big is what you meant right :bigroll:

dry can go lean and boom on your intake too but not if you do it right and stay within your limits :highfive:

BTW I am not an expert but I have reaserched alot.............enough to know that everyone disagrees which is better wet or dry LOL

LUVMY04V
01-19-08, 10:21 AM
I want to know what you need also. Anything to make it better/safer for your motor. I'd be looking at a dry system.
Also, why do people blow motors? Is it by using too much for too long? Power hungry?
Dumb question, but what does the shot count mean? I assume its horsepower.
Lower shots, safer for your motor???
I doubt I'll ever drag the car, and only use it in high gears,,,RARELY.

yes shot = estimated HP that is made through what jetting you have
Safely in theory 20 hp per cylinder so in the case of the v (160) with all the supporting mods (headers, tuned correctly, fpss and fuel system upgrades)
Remember all nitrous is is pure oxygen that is stabilized by nitrogen(pure oxygen is the dangerous part)
finally same concept as a supercharger or turbo more fuel more air more boom more power. so if u can regulate the A/F safely you will be fine

oh yeah and regulate activation it should only be at wide open throttle or even better with a windo switch that turns on at around 3000 rpm's and shuts off at around 6500

Twitch
01-19-08, 10:53 AM
yes shot = estimated HP that is made through what jetting you have
Safely in theory 20 hp per cylinder so in the case of the v (160) with all the supporting mods (headers, tuned correctly, fpss and fuel system upgrades)
Remember all nitrous is is pure oxygen that is stabilized by nitrogen(pure oxygen is the dangerous part)
finally same concept as a supercharger or turbo more fuel more air more boom more power. so if u can regulate the A/F safely you will be fine

oh yeah and regulate activation it should only be at wide open throttle or even better with a windo switch that turns on at around 3000 rpm's and shuts off at around 6500

Thanx, thats a big help.
So I guess you can run 50-75 shot safely stock. To go higher, you need fuel system upgrades, plugs and a tune.
Probably wont do this for a while (if ever), but I wanna gather as much information I can.

LUVMY04V
01-19-08, 11:35 AM
Thanx, thats a big help.
So I guess you can run 50-75 dry shot safely stock. To go higher, you need fuel system upgrades, plugs and a tune.
Probably wont do this for a while (if ever), but I wanna gather as much information I can.
Exactly :thumbsup: and I would have the dry shot tuned as well. Just because it all has to do with nozzel placement and how the nitrous passes through the maf sensor (tells the ecu to add fuel)

again....I am not at all an expert I just did alot of reaserch when I put my system in my 03 cts (check my fquick for pics)

LUVMY04V
01-19-08, 12:15 PM
Here ya go all you need to know In one thread....just take your time :D

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846230

caddyv8v
01-19-08, 04:31 PM
the kit from harris is top notch, i did upgrade the basic kit, but at their sale price it was still under 300 to my door. i added a nos brand momentary switch on a coil cord for activation, priced about 70. the system works so smooth on my v...instant power, only when you need it.

LUVMY04V
01-19-08, 04:52 PM
the kit from harris is top notch, i did upgrade the basic kit, but at their sale price it was still under 300 to my door. i added a nos brand momentary switch on a coil cord for activation, priced about 70. the system works so smooth on my v...instant power, only when you need it.
Like i said im not to sound like a know it all..... but if i were my V I would install a window switch incase of a missed shift in conjunction with the pedal switch.
Msd makes a very nice digital one for around 100 bucks and you can set it by the hundred rpm wise. (3200 rpm to 5900 or 3400 to 6000)
http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/100/121/121-8969.jpg I had one for my last car but it was an automatic so i sold it

All this talk makes me want to hook up my nitrous that i took off my cts Now :alchi:

randycsvt
01-19-08, 05:09 PM
Like i said im not to sound like a know it all..... but if i were my V I would install a window switch incase of a missed shift in conjunction with the pedal switch.
Msd makes a very nice digital one for around 100 bucks and you can set it by the hundred rpm wise. (3200 rpm to 5900 or 3400 to 6000)
http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/100/121/121-8969.jpg I had one for my last car but it was an automatic so i sold it

All this talk makes me want to hook up my nitrous that i took off my cts Now :alchi:

I had the same window switch in my last car and loved it. It costs the same as a non-digital one, but you don't need to buy all the different RPM pills.

I would also recommend a fuel pressure safety switch which shuts down the nitrous if your fuel pressure drops below the set PSI.

Zex or NX make a window switch that will shut off the nitrous in first gear. The MSD electronic one does not do that, and that would be my biggest gripe. Nitrous is useless in first gear, and being able to shut it off for first gear would really help with traction.

LUVMY04V
01-19-08, 05:24 PM
I had the same window switch in my last car and loved it. It costs the same as a non-digital one, but you don't need to buy all the different RPM pills.

I would also recommend a fuel pressure safety switch which shuts down the nitrous if your fuel pressure drops below the set PSI.

Zex or NX make a window switch that will shut off the nitrous in first gear. The MSD electronic one does not do that, and that would be my biggest gripe. Nitrous is useless in first gear, and being able to shut it off for first gear would really help with traction.
Great info and points :thumbsup: