: Toronto Area Catera Owners?

HappyWolverine
01-15-08, 04:53 PM
Just bought a 2000 Catera, wondering if there's any other Toronto Catera owners looking around?

Trying to find a mechanic that's versed with this car, just in case. Taking it up to GM on VP to get the timing belt done in hopes of heading off a apparently major prob spot.

Gotta tell you though, I really like this lil car so far..

Regards, Drew

MyOpel
01-16-08, 12:36 AM
:wavehi:
Sorry cant help with the mechanic i do most of my own maintenance

toronto catera
01-17-08, 07:34 PM
I'm getting my belt done next thurs by a guy I've been with for years in the west end. Parts from Rockauto. Hope the dealer isn't going to overcharge you. But I would encourage you to go to them for any weird electrical issues.

HappyWolverine
01-18-08, 11:20 AM
I'm getting my belt done next thurs by a guy I've been with for years in the west end. Parts from Rockauto. Hope the dealer isn't going to overcharge you. But I would encourage you to go to them for any weird electrical issues.

Had the belt done at GM dealer plus they gave it a going over, as well as my regular mechanic. Car is sound and runs like a wet dream. It's in great shapewith 120K on it. Going to get her sprayed for rust protect at Crown. I like this car, figure I'll roll with it for a few years until Caddy's making Eldorado again :) If not off to Seville Ville.

Regards and thanks for the head up re: electrical issues.

D

elvin315
01-18-08, 12:24 PM
Sounds like you walked away satisfied. That's great. How much did the dealer charge for the belt replacement? Did that include the tensioner upgrade?

Elvin

HappyWolverine
01-22-08, 10:49 AM
Sounds like you walked away satisfied. That's great. How much did the dealer charge for the belt replacement? Did that include the tensioner upgrade?

Elvin

I'm happy. Cost a thousand to get it done right. It was the whole timing belt kit, tensioner, pump etc. Piece of mind ? Priceless.

This is a great little car.

cateraowner
01-22-08, 11:45 AM
leafs suck.... haha

HappyWolverine
01-22-08, 06:38 PM
leafs suck.... haha

OH YEAH!!! Trust me I know bro :)

guardian
01-24-08, 01:34 PM
TACO

I like it. :D

FCB
12-09-08, 02:02 AM
I'm considering buying a 2000-01 Catera in GTA area.
Can anyone point me where I can take the car for the inspection (indiv/shop) and how much it will cost me?

Thanks in advance.

Nodoze007
06-14-09, 12:49 PM
Hi, I'm in the GTA and just bought a 2000 Catera Sport. I've only had it for a few days now. Feels like a tank...very heavy.

elvin315
06-16-09, 08:27 PM
Hi, I'm in the GTA and just bought a 2000 Catera Sport. I've only had it for a few days now. Feels like a tank...very heavy.

Heavy how?
Heavy weight? Does it sink into the asphalt?
Heavy handling? Is it hard to steer?
Heavy handed? Is it overpowering you?
Heavy heavy? Like wow man was that a rhinoceros on a tricycle?
Heavy how?
:lildevil:

Lov'n'Da'Catera
06-16-09, 11:42 PM
hey im in kitchener witch is an hour from toronto. Iv got a 97 catera that iv only owned for about 2 months now, love the car but im having etest issues, the car just wont pass the NO ppm!