: I just bought it...90 eldo???

grunt
05-11-04, 10:53 PM
I have a ton of questions.

First is the car has a fake convertable top.

I can't find a lot of reference to this.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction.:banghead:

99Zee28
05-12-04, 12:15 AM
I have a 90 Eldorado. Maybe I can help you with some of your questions!

Later,
Dave

grunt
05-12-04, 07:27 AM
Thanks Dave I'm totally new to this.

My first and biggst question right now is what is the signaficance of the fake convertable top?

CADDYBLACK99
05-12-04, 09:04 AM
Welcome Grunt!
Thanks for joining our forum. This is a very active place with many passionate and friendly caddy owners. Congrats on your 90' Eldo! The fake convertible is usually a dealer installed item (roadster pkg) sometimes comes with a custom grille and maybe some special badges. Post a picture or two when you get a chance. Did you get any history, like the window sticker? They are a great resource for info (installed options, etc.) Read through the Eldo section, lots of info there. Good Luck!
:welcome:
Paul

grunt
05-12-04, 03:40 PM
I didn't get the sticker but did get the owner manual.

The owner is 96 (no kidding) and stopped driving las July. Her daughter sold me the car to help pay for the nursing home. I got a good buy on it. I really did not need another car but couldn't help myself. The only reference I can find for the fake top is at kbb.com.

Next I have to work on how to clean up the leather. One thing at a time though.

LacSeville
05-12-04, 07:55 PM
i have the same top. (click on my name and go to my homepage) it's called a phaeton top. factory option for like $1700 i think. i really like the look of them, but i'm biased. post some pics of your car... let see it! what color is it? what are you plans for it? there are lots of very knowledgeable ppl around here, so start firing those questions, and Welcome!!! :coolgleam

grunt
05-12-04, 10:40 PM
Well it's blue with a white top and white interior. I'm new to this caddy thing but I think I'm gonna like it. I also have motorcycles. I don't have a web page to post any pics to. I have only taken 2 so far but will try to get a few more tomorrow. I bought the car on a whim because it was, I think, a good price.

I'll post the pics as soon as I figure out how. Some things I'm a little slow at and don't have the patiences(sp) I used to have.

I appereciate all the help I'm getting.

grunt
05-17-04, 10:10 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~oldgrunt/1oldgrunt.index.html

I finally have a pic.

CADDYBLACK99
05-17-04, 10:19 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~oldgrunt/1oldgrunt.index.html

I finally have a pic.

nice!!!!