: What I wish Cadillac would make

Sandy
01-15-08, 10:03 AM
What I crave.

Why will Cadillac NOT MAKE a DTS Coupe? Just take the current full size DTS and omit the rear doors, lengthen the front doors, and alter the C-pillar to one more akin to a coupes bodystyle ? For 50 years they had thousands of sales of the Coupe deVille, and now they have nothing except SUVs and 4-door sedans - and even a pick-up truck! How much "fancy" engineering would it - could it take to do such? A conversion company do do it ! Compared to some customs aftermarket has turned out, this would be child's play. I want a DTS Coupe ! I want a full size coupe, not a small car. I see pics on the web of a forthcoming CTS Coupe. It's freakin smaller than a 4-Door CTS. Looks like the size of a Honda Civic. Geeezzz. Aslo don't like all the initials > CTS DTS STS XLR
More atuned to luxury is Fleetwood, deVille, Seville, Allante, Brougham.
Names stick in peoples minds better than alphabet soup letters.

malcolm
01-15-08, 10:26 AM
Yes Yes Yes, maybe it's a NJ thing but I agree 100% Maybe a blend of DTS and STS in a coupe with a CTS interrior.

Cadillacboy
01-15-08, 11:10 AM
I would like to see Cadillac making a return back to Big Bodies

Lord Cadillac
01-15-08, 11:27 AM
I agree. I'd love to see it. I don't know why they don't just do a concept to get people's opinions and see where it goes. That's what they're doing with the CTC. At least test the waters...

However, the DTS is gone along with the STS, to be replaced by one new full-size rear wheel drive sedan. Could they do this with the new sedan? Sure. Maybe if we make a big enough fuss, they will.. Are there any decent Photoshopped DTS pictures out there turned into a coupe? We could have the DTC and if enough people go crazy over it, maybe Cadillac would consider testing those waters..

With the internet, we at least have the power of "some" persuasion...

Ranger
01-15-08, 12:12 PM
Aslo don't like all the initials > CTS DTS STS XLR
More atuned to luxury is Fleetwood, deVille, Seville, Allante, Brougham.
Names stick in peoples minds better than alphabet soup letters.
I couldn't agree more. Typical U.S car makers trying to be more like the Euro car makers. Why they think that they have to "be more like them" is beyond me. I wish they would quit being followers.

Jesda
01-15-08, 12:13 PM
Cadillac does make a big body luxury vehicle. Its called the Escalade and outsells everything else. :)

c5 rv
01-15-08, 01:04 PM
Fullsize coupes, or 2-doors as we used to call them, used to be the standard for family cars in the 60s and 70s. Your 2-3 kids would crawl in the back seat and you'd feel they were safe with lap belts, small windows that may or may not open, and no doors that they could open. My dad owned a 61? Bel Air, 66 Impala and 73 Caprice, all 2-doors. Then along came 4-door sedans with child latches on the rear doors, followed by the standard-issue family minivan, and now the crossover.

I suspect we're going to see more coupes for sale in the next few years just because they're different from what's been offered in the past decade. I doubt we'll see a fullsize coupe, though, because most of the population has grown to expect easier access to the rear seat. It would be interesting, though, to see more clamshell door coupes, like the previous Saturn coupe.

I remember that my sister's first husband, a gas passer, drove an early 60s DeVille convertible. I was still little when she got married and I used to love going for rides in that car.

AMGoff
01-15-08, 01:20 PM
From our own site:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/photoshop/cadillac_dts_2005_02_bbbcopy.jpg

Offthahorseceo had done this up... I think it looks rather fetching...

Sandy
01-15-08, 01:39 PM
SOLD ! I'LL PAY MSRLP. WHERE DO I SEND MY MONEY??

Sandy
01-15-08, 01:42 PM

YOUTHFUL, YET ELEGANT

DOESN'T NEED OPERA WINDOWS, NOR PADDED VINYL ROOF, JUST AS SHE IS = SHEER PERFECTION !

hueterm
01-15-08, 01:56 PM

O H Y E A H !! !! !!

AMGoff
01-15-08, 02:03 PM

YOUTHFUL, YET ELEGANT

DOESN'T NEED OPERA WINDOWS, NOR PADDED VINYL ROOF, JUST AS SHE IS = SHEER PERFECTION !

Someone had just brought that post up from the dredges of the Future Models/Concepts subforum... I just saw it for the first time last week. I had actually thought of you when I saw it Sandy... so when you brought all this up, I knew I had to show it to you. OffThaHorseCEO did a fantastic job photo-chopping this thing.

I'd buy something like this in a heartbeat... the final-gen Coupe Devilles have been one of my favorites since they came out. Like you, I'm actually not too keen on the CTC/CTS-C concept... perhaps a production model will be a little more subdued, but as it stands - it just looks too much like a hatch-back in profile. I'm just not a fan of "wedge shaped" cars... a wedge is fine for things like a door-stop... but a car? Not so much. Were they to give it a more traditional deck-line and a quieter front fascia I'd be all for it. However, I've got to give kudos when due - the interior is absolutely stunning... everything a modern personal luxury coupe should be.

Sandy
01-15-08, 02:25 PM
I'm ripe.
Pulled out my 2008 Cadillac DTS brochure.

DTS COUPE That's a fine name. Does not need La Dolce a La Eleagante..........

DTS COUPE
Performance Package
SunRoof
Lane Departure Warning
Tehama Leather

Crystal Red
Light Linen Interior.

NO Gold Ornamentation Package, No Vogue White/Gold Walls / No Padded Roof No "Opera Windows" (I hate the Opera), and no Chrome Cow Catcher Grille Cap. Just Inner Elegance - not tossed on stuff.

$$$ in hand, lets go Cadillac....BUILD IT PLEASE ??

AMGoff
01-15-08, 02:37 PM
I wonder how much it would cost to get a custom coachbuilder to do a conversion?

malcolm
01-15-08, 02:45 PM
And whatever you do, GM, don't make this a European sports sedan with bolsters on the sides of the seats and nimble road handling and road feel. How about a nice boat, you know, the kind of car that made Cadillac the gold standard of luxury cars.
America lost it when we stopped leading and started imitating. That goes for ghetto and bling too, why would a kid with every advantage want to imitate a poor ghetto kid? When I was little we wanted to imitate guys with money. Anyway back to the new Coupe, make it a Caddy.

Sinister Angel
01-15-08, 02:57 PM
Cienn

c5 rv
01-15-08, 03:18 PM
That DTC looks good.

Rolex
01-15-08, 05:09 PM
I've always had a hard on for that photochopped picture too. That would be one sweet coupe. :cool2:

Destroyer
01-15-08, 05:21 PM
I think luxury car makers (for the most part) learned an expensive lesson by building luxury coupes and aren't very eager to do it anytime soon due to real bad sales. Its ashame, I love 'em and they do just fine for a family of four. Someone else mentioned it but I do actually feel the kids are safer in the back seats with no window switches or door handles, etc. I know its probably NOT safer but I still get the "feeling" that it is. Make any sense?.:cool:

I gotta mention what I think Cadillac should make: A righteous Fleetwood Brougham!. Modern, big, RWD with Z06 power!. I'd like to see the Northstar and FWD (especially FWD) completely dissapear from Cadillacs.

Lord Cadillac
01-15-08, 06:49 PM
From our own site:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/photoshop/cadillac_dts_2005_02_bbbcopy.jpg

Offthahorseceo had done this up... I think it looks rather fetching...
See? Now THAT'S a nice Coupe! All the coupes are tiny these days.. I really like this...

malcolm
01-15-08, 08:34 PM
Remember the big Oldsmobile and Buick coupes? Those were the days.

Sandy
01-15-08, 08:46 PM
Ya, I do. But there is no Oldsmobile and the Buick Lucerne, while nice, is not "big" at all. The Mercury Grand Marquis is larger.
I also loved the Imperial LeBaron Coupes of 1969 thru 1975. Sedans are fine, but our 1 & only is now 23, has his own car (brand new Mazda 3 Gran Touring Edition - Every Option - Dark Dark Purple) and goes where he wants & with his friends and g'friend. Me & the wife would like a luxury coupe FULL SIZE, the next time around.

I'd like to spin the time warp machine back, and order 3 (for the price of 1 today) A 1992 Fleetwood Coupe, a 1979 Lincoln Continential Coupe and a 1975 Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-15-08, 10:40 PM
1977 Lincoln Continental Mark V Bill Blass Edition for me please. :cloud9:

Or, a 1999 Mercedes Benz CL600.

Lord Cadillac
01-15-08, 11:43 PM
So who wants to write to Cadillac Corporate with a picture of this Coupe DeVille?

Sandy
01-16-08, 11:27 AM
It would not doing anything. They'd need 10,000 letters before they began to think about it. They do make them for Mr. Vlasic, but most of us could not afford one. I have pics of his 1985 Seville Coupe, his 1989 Seville Coupe & his 1993 Seville Coupe. An amazingly flawess execution.