: 94 N* EGR valve ?? Engine stumbles.

torker
01-14-08, 09:08 PM
Hello Guys, I have a Eldorado 94 N*, Engine produces a stumble through 1200-1500 rpm range. I can drive through it by using the gas pedal very easily. I' ve removed the EGR valve and cleaned the plunger and seat, ( very little build up of carbon, did not use harsh cleaner, small wire brush, cleaned the tubes where it mounts with a bore cleaning brush (wire)143K ) The plunger retracts and extends normally with hardly any pressure applied. I can enter PCM OVERRIDE and electronicly open and close the valve. Which re-creates the stumble, So i figure the valve works by override means. This only happens when the motor temp is at normal (205?) When cold, the stumble is not there. I' ve replaced the plugs and wires at 120K. The old plugs were not an issue (White electrodes). Can someone explain how exhaust gases, or electric imputs, or both, regulate the operation of the valve? Sorry for the long winded post. No headgasket issues on this one. Maybe good coolant maintenance does help. Thanks...:banghead:

Ranger
01-14-08, 09:21 PM
Have you pulled the DTC's?

torker
01-14-08, 09:54 PM
Hello Ranger, I pulled the codes and found nothing. I was hoping to find one for the valve. There were none, not even in history. Any Ideas?

Ranger
01-14-08, 10:33 PM
Have you cleaned the EGR "mouse holes" in the manifold?