: I broke the law

Crown Vic Owner
01-14-08, 04:31 PM
I go to turn, doing 20 mph, braking
Guy behind me is doing around 40 NOT slowing down
I turn right on a red or green, i wasnt paying attention because ******* is about to rearend me(its legal here ONLY if you stop before)
Cop puts cherries on
I slow down, i go to the side
Truck is behind me at this time
I go my normal route

I dont know if he was going after me or the other guy.

Would i get the ticket if i was avoiding a accident?

Either way, i guess i did get lucky.

I sure as hell wasnt going to get rearended

After this, i am turning, i dont see stop sign, tree blocked it from my view from the angle, i completely blow it on accident

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 04:36 PM
If he got your plate, you might get a ticket in the mail...

Crown Vic Owner
01-14-08, 04:49 PM
Crap, there was a truck behind me, so IDK.

I mean, will it be dropped on the basis of me avoiding a accident

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 04:51 PM
Depends if the cop wants to be a douche or not

Crown Vic Owner
01-14-08, 04:58 PM
grrr, if i get a ticket, that means its the price of the ticket + price of insurance (500 more every 6)

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 04:59 PM
Ouch...

AMGoff
01-14-08, 07:04 PM
In most cases, if the cop was going to give you a ticket he would have pulled you over. Even on the off chance you do get a ticket in the mail, your state may have the option of pleading down to a no-point careless driving offense, opposed to a two-point, failure to stop/yield ticket. I also know that for those with no prior tickets, some insurance companies (such as mine - Allstate) will forgive a two-pointer.

Either way, if you did indeed blatantly break a law with a cop right behind you, you would have been pulled over on the spot... so I don't think there's any reason to worry.

Crown Vic Owner
01-14-08, 07:09 PM
I mean, he DID hit the cherries 10 seconds after i went through, and i WAS avoiding a accident, but i was doing the speed limit, a truck was behind me, and i dont know if he was after me, and he had the opportunity to pass the truck but did not, thats what worries me.

He hit the cherries AT a red light too, but the person infront of me DID go through as well, i didnt realize if he stopped though. This was a city cop, but state was right on the onramp and i think he woulda radioed it to him.

IDK, im getting scared.

Ranger
01-14-08, 07:11 PM
Since you did not get stopped, I would guess you are home free. Whether you would get a ticket for it while trying to avoid an accident would depend on the cop. Beating it in court, would depend on the judge.

Crown Vic Owner
01-14-08, 07:44 PM
I know ranger, its just it scared the shit outta me.

To top that off, i had a 4 year old in the car, and i DID NOT want to take the risk of getting hit.

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 07:49 PM
Damn... I think you should be fine. Just relax...

Crown Vic Owner
01-14-08, 07:59 PM
I know.

Its just if i loose my DL, i loose my job.

Murphyg
01-14-08, 08:23 PM
Then if you do get a ticket then by all means fight it if it means you will loose your license.
If he didnt have the time to pull you over then chances are he wont even show up in court. And if he did his notes would most likely be so messed up it would be thrown out.

Either way I dont believe you have anything to worry about. I truly believe that an infraction like that would require the officer to actually pull you over. How else would they even know who was driving ????

Dont think you have a thing to be concerned about !

Crown Vic Owner
01-14-08, 08:25 PM
Thanks murphy.

JTraik
01-16-08, 11:16 AM
I'm confused... what did the cop put his lights on for? Lets be practical, not dramatic, if you didn't get pulled over your not going to get a ticket. If a cop is going to ticket you he is going to talk to you first because in that situation there is a 50/50 chance of him giving you a break. Have you ever been pulled over before?

Crown Vic Owner
01-16-08, 03:58 PM
NEVER

And its been only a 2 and 1/2 weeks since ive been on my full DL.

IDK WHAT he put the lights on for, thats what i was wondering.

Jesda
01-16-08, 06:27 PM
http://www.traveltsthotelguide.ca/images/cancun.jpg

You're moving to Cancun.

Murphyg
01-16-08, 07:36 PM
IDK WHAT he put the lights on for, thats what i was wondering.

He probably got a call and had to get somewhere. Chances are just doin his job.

Im curious ? Once his lights went on, where did he go ??
Other direction....pass you and continue on......??
If he turned his lights on, it was either to get everyone to move cause he had to go somewhere. Or to pull someone over.
And if he didnt keep behind you, then it wasnt for you.
You have not a thing to worry about.

Crown Vic Owner
01-16-08, 08:37 PM
He probably got a call and had to get somewhere. Chances are just doin his job.

Im curious ? Once his lights went on, where did he go ??
Other direction....pass you and continue on......??
If he turned his lights on, it was either to get everyone to move cause he had to go somewhere. Or to pull someone over.
And if he didnt keep behind you, then it wasnt for you.
You have not a thing to worry about.

Alright, i just was worried of having a cop come to my door going and saying something like "you ran"

Murphyg
01-16-08, 08:50 PM
If he thought you were running he would have chased you !

You never watch the show Cops ? You wouldnt have gotten no where LMAO !!!! They catch ya......Remember OJ ?! Doohhhh.

Your ok. Keep drivin safe. But dont be tooo paranoid. That can be even more dangerous.
Relax and be aware

Crown Vic Owner
01-16-08, 08:54 PM
i am.

Honestly, i just got scared as shit, i would loose my DL if i get a ticket.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-08, 09:11 PM
I had a friend back in High School that ran (and I honestly mean he RAN) from the cops multiple times in his mom's VW Golf, and he was always worried about them taking down the plates and going to his house. Well, it never got that far....his mom was coming home from work one day, and the cops stopped her and had her on the side of the road for a few hours, while they went over the story over and over again until they actually realized it was her son that they wanted, so they cut his mom loose and she took his licence away for a year.

BigJon
01-17-08, 02:25 AM
wow, that had to suck.... i;d be pissed if i was his mother.... cuz going to jail is not fun... at all.

codewize
01-17-08, 01:06 PM
I have to confess something I did that was bad yesterday.

This is totally unlike me but it happened.

So I'm driving my usual rout home. I'm on a 4 2 lane divided hi-way (by-pass). Now there's an area here where I usually run the car up to about 80 or so. I'm only on this stretch of road for about 2.5 miles.

So I'm doing my usual thing when I realize my turn is coming but there's cars in the way going way slower than they should be. SO now I have to make the decision to slam on the brakes to get behind them, assuming they're also turning, try to squeeze between them, there was plenty of room. Or pass both of them.

So rather than slamming on the brakes I made the decision to get between them. I took a guess that the guy in the back was turning with me and the guy in the front wasn't. I was wrong, he was also turning but at this point he's turning onto the ramp that I'm in on his right. Turns out he did see me but I punched it to avoid conflict.

Now I'm feeling like an ass. They're probably both cursing me out with good reason but I wanted to say that I'm usually much more careful and conscious than that.

Gearheaad43
01-17-08, 06:08 PM
I got a ticket once for trying to avoid a situtation that could have caused a high speed wreck on th interstate... Cop never believed my story. You could tell from the minute he came up to the window he was pissed. They don't care what the real situtation is or was, only what they THINK they saw.