: 09 V or 09 C63 AMG ?

Kidhummer
01-14-08, 02:04 AM
Wich one would you buy?

1. The Mercedes Benz C63 AMG http://www.mercedes-amg.com/C63/

2. 2009 CTS-V

dqw1
01-14-08, 10:09 AM
I like the AMG but I would pick the 09 V.

Vrocks
01-14-08, 10:20 AM
The more I see the new C class the less I like it (interior is bad compared to the CTS). I don't think the new C will age as well as the CTS and it's a much smaller car for about the same amount of money (it probably costs more).

It probably won't out perform the new V, even with its size and weight advantage.

P-Funk
01-14-08, 10:50 AM
The new C-class isn't much to look at. I'd definitely take the new V over it.

Slapshot
01-14-08, 11:14 AM
I'd take the "V"... I don't like what they've done to the front end of the Merc. Too "upright" and blocky. The interior doesn't strike me as plush enough, and it is a smaller car. I prefer to row my own as well, the Merc doesn't offer a manual tranny.

I suppose the "C" competes price wise, but I think size wise the "E" series is more a direct competitor to the CTS.

Gordy Petrovski
01-14-08, 12:42 PM
Last month I had the pleasure of test driveing the C sport & did not care for the interioror the ride it felt alot harsher than my lowerred V. Just from the Pic of the V's interior I think I like it better.

CIWS
01-14-08, 01:14 PM
Even if they were approx. the same price I would go for the V. But if the base price of the AMG is going to be about 63K, by the time you actually put anything on it (AMG package, DVD Nav, Stereo,etc) it will easily be 75K +

mrdci
01-15-08, 04:31 AM
I am up in the air on both of these cars myself. Heres one of the interesting things I found. When you think about resale value the Merc holds its value a bit better. I went to Kelly Blue Book and checked the private party value of an 06 V vs an 06 C55 and both in excellent condition with 24K miles and the results were: CTS-V $33,880 vs C55 $39,350. Not to mention the Merc comes with 4yrs of free warrantee and lets hope GM got the rearend right this time around.

CVP33
01-18-08, 09:37 PM
The Mercedes C63 is a small car with a great motor and has more in common with an old fashioned American muscle car than even Mercedes would like to admit. Add to that their reliability, great service and excellent resale. The styling is all european with clean lines, evolutionary styling and just enoug add-ons to let everyone know you bought the uber version.

Having said all that, I'm buying the V because it will undoubtedly "suck the doors" off that imported piece of bavarian garbage.

Attn: Mercedes and BMW - you are officially FVCKED! And yes, as always, we Americans did it for thousands less than you could! :yup::lildevil:

thebigjimsho
01-19-08, 03:05 AM
What's sad about the C63 is that it is a much smaller car. The current C class is painfully small, even in the front seats. The C63 tips the scales at over 4,000lbs. The E63 is about the same weight. So the advantage it would have over the V is very small.

Blackout
01-20-08, 05:38 PM
What's sad about the C63 is that it is a much smaller car. The current C class is painfully small, even in the front seats. The C63 tips the scales at over 4,000lbs. The E63 is about the same weight. So the advantage it would have over the V is very small.

Doesn't the V weight within like a 100 lbs of the last Fleetwood? Between the two I'd go with the C63. I don't like the V's styling, it's heavy as hell, those pistons worry me, and I haven't heard official pricing for the V yet but I've heard estimates as high as the $70k range and for that price I'd rather get a Nissan GT-R. I know they aren't in the same class or anything but I really want one of those.

thebigjimsho
01-20-08, 05:50 PM
...and I haven't heard official pricing for the V yet but I've heard estimates as high as the $70k range and for that price I'd rather get a Nissan GT-R. I know they aren't in the same class or anything but I really want one of those.Gee, really? Never would've guessed...

thebigjimsho
01-20-08, 05:52 PM
Doesn't the V weight within like a 100 lbs of the last Fleetwood? Between the two I'd go with the C63. I don't like the V's styling, it's heavy as hell, those pistons worry me...The V weighs less than 200lbs more than the C63 while being WORLDS bigger and more comfortable. If the V looks a little ricey, the C63 looks VERY ricey. And with the amount of engineering these engines are getting, I'm not worried about the pistons. And to swap to forged internals would be how hard?

Blackout
01-20-08, 06:20 PM
Gee, really? Never would've guessed...

Please dude. Don't try and play that BS about "how could you like anything other then Cadillac" card like so many people on here like to play. If you can't respect performance because of the brand its from is kinda retarded. If Lexus and Cadillac switched lineups you would be saying how Lexus sucks and Cadillac is so much better. I'm reminded as to why I don't come on here too often anymore

Blackout
01-20-08, 06:23 PM
The V weighs less than 200lbs more than the C63 while being WORLDS bigger and more comfortable. If the V looks a little ricey, the C63 looks VERY ricey. And with the amount of engineering these engines are getting, I'm not worried about the pistons. And to swap to forged internals would be how hard?
It doesn't look ricey (the V) it looks boring as hell. The front end reminds me of what the current Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V has but with a bunch of chrome, the wheels are from the Pontiac G8, the back end looks like it was never finished, and it has really goofy lines. It's just not an appealing looking car. As for the forged pistons, those should have been on there from the factory instead of having to shed out more money to replace something that the factory should have had on there in the first place.

Blackout
01-20-08, 06:28 PM
Front end:

Spec V:
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/sentraserv07.jpg

CTS-V:
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01/x09ca_ct006.jpg

Wheels:
G8:
http://static.taume.com/image/Pontiac-G8-SEMA-Edition.jpg

thebigjimsho
01-20-08, 06:38 PM
Please dude. Don't try and play that BS about "how could you like anything other then Cadillac" card like so many people on here like to play. If you can't respect performance because of the brand its from is kinda retarded. If Lexus and Cadillac switched lineups you would be saying how Lexus sucks and Cadillac is so much better. I'm reminded as to why I don't come on here too often anymoreGet a clue. It's your constant harping on that damn GT-R. Yes, it is an incredible machine. Too bad you can't have sex with it since you seem to really love it...

thebigjimsho
01-20-08, 06:41 PM
Front end:

Spec V:
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/sentraserv07.jpg

CTS-V:
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01/x09ca_ct006.jpg

Wheels:
G8:
http://static.taume.com/image/Pontiac-G8-SEMA-Edition.jpgThe V has had that shape grill since the beginning. That is a new Nissan design. So what? What you don't like, most do. Of course you're going to derail the V. What else is new.

As for the wheels, so what? Neither car is roaming the streets. So I really don't care that GM actually shared wheels between cars. Plus, I like the wheels anyway. I don't care if they make them available on an Aveo...

thebigjimsho
01-20-08, 06:45 PM
Please dude. Don't try and play that BS about "how could you like anything other then Cadillac" card like so many people on here like to play. If you can't respect performance because of the brand its from is kinda retarded. If Lexus and Cadillac switched lineups you would be saying how Lexus sucks and Cadillac is so much better. I'm reminded as to why I don't come on here too often anymoreSo when did you become such a whiney little boy anyway? Personally, I like Nissan. But i don't have to come on here and prop up a car anytime my fingers get near the keys. You just sound like a little one trick pony. I can appreciate any car that has valuable assets, unlike you...

Blackout
01-20-08, 06:46 PM
Get a clue. It's your constant harping on that damn GT-R. Yes, it is an incredible machine. Too bad you can't have sex with it since you seem to really love it...

I love the GT-R but I'm holding out for the V Spec version instead. Early rumors say +40 hp and it sheds 500 lbs

http://www.gtr-world.net/cms/media/1/gtr-production-race-20.jpg
http://www.gtr-world.net/cms/media/1/gtr-production-race-27.jpg
http://www.gtr-world.net/cms/media/1/gtr-production-race-29.jpg

And Nissan already has their JGTC GT-R in testing now

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news_pics/642/gallery/Nissan_GT_R_GT500_002.jpg
http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news_pics/642/gallery/Nissan_GT_R_GT500_004.jpg

Once this car comes out here and tuners get a hold of it it will destroy everything on the road.

Blackout
01-20-08, 06:48 PM
So when did you become such a whiney little boy anyway? Personally, I like Nissan. But i don't have to come on here and prop up a car anytime my fingers get near the keys. You just sound like a little one trick pony. I can appreciate any car that has valuable assets, unlike you...

Nice edit. As for you personally liking Nissan......I wish we had the BS flag smiley here because anytime I've ever mentioned Nissan your one of the first people to flame away. As for your last two sentences, LMAO!

Blackout
01-20-08, 06:55 PM
The V has had that shape grill since the beginning. That is a new Nissan design. So what? What you don't like, most do. Of course you're going to derail the V. What else is new.I've given the V plenty of praise but unlike you and many other V owners on here I see how there are issues with the V as well a la your remark to my dad in another thread saying how you wish you could do burnouts but you value your diff. When you shell out the kinda money you did for that car wouldn't you want it to be able to do a burnout? My 1995 Mark VIII could do that without me thinking twice about my diff. blowing up. But I guess that's ok for Cadillac to do that, but I'm sure if lets say the Lexus IS-F had the same problem you as well as many other people on here would be claiming as to how much the car sucks and how you can't take it serious and yada, yada, yada.

thebigjimsho
01-20-08, 08:21 PM
Nice edit. As for you personally liking Nissan......I wish we had the BS flag smiley here because anytime I've ever mentioned Nissan your one of the first people to flame away. As for your last two sentences, LMAO!What kind of crack are you smoking anyway? I am a Nissan FAN, goofball. I came very close to buying a Maxima, only in 2000 I didn't have the resources. My brother had an Altima. I steered a couple of friends to Altimas and a Sentra. I was one of the biggest fans around of the early 90's 300Z and turbo. I like the 350Z, love the Infiniti G35 and if I couldn't have swung the dough for the V in '04, I was DEFINITELY going to be in a G35 sedan with 6sp and tan leather interior.

Next time you want to take a stab in the dark on one of your assumptions, at least be even partially right.

thebigjimsho
01-20-08, 08:24 PM
I've given the V plenty of praise but unlike you and many other V owners on here I see how there are issues with the V as well a la your remark to my dad in another thread saying how you wish you could do burnouts but you value your diff. When you shell out the kinda money you did for that car wouldn't you want it to be able to do a burnout? My 1995 Mark VIII could do that without me thinking twice about my diff. blowing up. But I guess that's ok for Cadillac to do that, but I'm sure if lets say the Lexus IS-F had the same problem you as well as many other people on here would be claiming as to how much the car sucks and how you can't take it serious and yada, yada, yada.Again, you tool, you're showering yourself in assumptions and guesses. If you actually read instead of being a presumptuous know-it-all who knows very little, you'd see that for the money(comparing to M5s, RS4s, C55s, etc...) I put up with the V's shortfalls. Add to the fact that I get my jollies most on a road course, it was something I can put up with.

Instead of picking 1 post and thinking you know that person's every thought and desire, actually read. Read McFly.

Blackout
01-20-08, 08:30 PM
Again, you tool, you're showering yourself in assumptions and guesses. If you actually read instead of being a presumptuous know-it-all who knows very little, you'd see that for the money(comparing to M5s, RS4s, C55s, etc...) I put up with the V's shortfalls. Add to the fact that I get my jollies most on a road course, it was something I can put up with.

Instead of picking 1 post and thinking you know that person's every thought and desire, actually read. Read McFly.

I find it hard to believe that you are a huge Nissan fan seeing that the GT-R is the biggest thing to happen to Nissan since damn near ever and when going back through the GT-R thread I made awhile ago I found one and only one post from you on there and by your response you were showing off your love for Nissan then.

Yawn. Just another blah blah blah is better than a Vette thread by Blackout. These are different makers going all out for the performance title against a 3 year old Vette.

thebigjimsho
01-20-08, 09:19 PM
I find it hard to believe that you are a huge Nissan fan seeing that the GT-R is the biggest thing to happen to Nissan since damn near ever and when going back through the GT-R thread I made awhile ago I found one and only one post from you on there and by your response you were showing off your love for Nissan then.Look, you made it a point to either make multiple threads on the GT-R or insert the GT-R in any Corvette thread going on all over the Caddy forums. It was getting tiring. And I do still think the Z06 does it as well, and more simply. Doesn't mean I don't like the GT-R. In fact, the GT-R is the only car at the New England auto show that I took extensive pictures on...

CVP33
01-20-08, 11:18 PM
I could do a C63, but it's a little small for 4 adults really, as is the IS-F. I could do an E63, but then you're looking at $90K+ to get it optioned in line with the V. The M3, M5 and M6 all have similar issues. Now the GT-R's performance intrigues me especially with AWD. But the styling, the styling? What styling? The entire car appears unfinished. It reminds me of about 30 years ago when video games didn't have the resolution they do today. Choppy, blocky, disjointed and not very well though out visually at all. The video game dash would definitely wear on me as I like clear guages that look and feel substantial. Not guages that are "on TV's".

The new CTS looks great to me. I've seen the new model around town and I definitely like the direction they went. The pictures of the new V look great except the front spoiler and wheels. If this thing comes in under $70K, delivers Bob Lutz-ian promised performance numbers and a few early adopters experience no rear differential or suspension related issues. I'm getting one. I haven't lusted for a vehicle this badly since 2003, just prior to the CTS-V's debut.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-21-08, 01:09 AM
Man, that V is HOT!