: Ford threatens lawsuit against Mustang Enthusiast board over pictures of members cars

Crown Vic Owner
01-12-08, 11:20 PM
http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402
Supposedly ford owns the car rights EVEN when YOU buy it.

This made it +1 for the GM side in me

SlxAlxx
01-12-08, 11:37 PM
...maybe it's a last resort for Ford to make some more moolah?

Brizzal
01-12-08, 11:39 PM
+5 for GM
-5 for ford

LS1Mike
01-13-08, 12:00 AM
Man this is all OVER the net. I wonder how true it is. If that is case man, I don't know what to say.

hueterm
01-13-08, 01:02 AM
If a trademarked Ford logo (like the Oval, Mustang horse, Lincoln crosshairs, etc.) is photographed and shown on something that is sold (i.e. calendar), I can see that they might have a claim -- albeit a petty one...

A lot of times in advertisements, logos are blanked out.

gary88
01-13-08, 01:32 AM
Unless the photos are being used commercially (i.e. magazines, advertisements and without Ford's permission), I don't see what the problem is.

urbanski
01-13-08, 06:46 AM
better link
http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42681

CIWS
01-13-08, 09:14 AM
If a trademarked Ford logo (like the Oval, Mustang horse, Lincoln crosshairs, etc.) is photographed and shown on something that is sold (i.e. calendar), I can see that they might have a claim -- albeit a petty one...

A lot of times in advertisements, logos are blanked out.

:yeah:

Photochop the logos out and produce the calender without them to give a big :sd: to Ford.

Jesda
01-13-08, 10:26 AM
A big goat?

malcolm
01-13-08, 11:33 AM
Found On Road Dead

A big log drop for Ford.

Maybe when nobody buys their crap and photographs it they will be happy. Wow can they be that stupid?

Wonder if they will find this use of logo and ask that it be taken down?

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z263/dcm515/ford.jpg

AMGoff
01-13-08, 02:10 PM
Hueterm hit the nail on the head...is it horribly petty? Of course it is... unfortunately the courts don't give two poops about pettiness, only which side is in the right or wrong according to statute and which side has enough money to make their case as clear as possible.

Then again, seeing as how I've never owned a Ford in my entire life, I find the whole thing to be really funny!

Sue 'em if you got 'em...

thebigjimsho
01-14-08, 12:30 AM
Since many of us are going to NAIAS next week, I want to buy a Ford clunker for under $100 and just leave it at the front door of Ford headquarters...since they own every Ford...

gdwriter
01-14-08, 12:48 AM
Since many of us are going to NAIAS next week, I want to buy a Ford clunker for under $100 and just leave it at the front door of Ford headquarters...since they own every Ford...:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::hi steric:

A Ford clunker shouldn't be hard to find. That's pretty much all of them.

This lawsuit thing is beyond asinine. All Ford is managing to do is piss of the few remaining loyal customers it has. What moron decided to sue them?

Lord Cadillac
01-14-08, 10:54 AM
The site is down now... Totally down..

Brizzal
01-14-08, 11:17 AM
lol there site was over loaded to all the page views