: Any music production people here primarilly use digital audio

Sinister Angel
01-12-08, 09:38 PM
Just curious who here that does music production primarily uses digital audio setups, and what they are running. I personally love the fact that with the computer tech today, we can replace racks of modules by running things like VSTs. The digital mixers they have now too (ie, connected via firewire and you have say 5 different distinct input channels to play with) are pretty neat.

I don't have a digital mixer for my setup, just an Ensoniq VFX keyboard, but I use FruityLoops for some sequencing stuff, Reason for various instruments, and Reaper for laying out the tracks.

AMGoff
01-13-08, 02:39 PM
Yes... but it's all based around those computers you're not that keen on.

Sinister Angel
01-14-08, 03:21 PM
Yes... but it's all based around those computers you're not that keen on.

Heh...

Is that GarageBand pretty much the defacto piece of DAW software for Mac, or what else is in common use for that platform?

malcolm
01-14-08, 04:19 PM
My brother in law does. Check him out.

http://www.russbonagura.com/

AMGoff
01-14-08, 06:09 PM
Heh...

Is that GarageBand pretty much the defacto piece of DAW software for Mac, or what else is in common use for that platform?

GB is a pretty good, basic, consumer-oriented application... for those that GB leaves wanting a little more, Logic is THE de-facto standard for non-linear audio. The stripped down LogicExpress is good for most folks, but for those looking for the "whole enchilada," Logic Pro/Studio is one of the best you can get regardless of platform.