: What's your preference for plugs and wires ?

dwight.j.carter
01-11-08, 04:30 PM
I thought I would put a post in here and see what AJ's preference is as far as Plugs and wires. I replaced my plugs last summer and used stock delco platinum plugs. No wires though as my motor is a 2000 Northstar.
Ranger says to keep it stock but I hear alot of people using iridiums. Personally I prefer to keep mine stock and replace them every 50-60 thousand miles to keep optimum performance.

Aj what is your opinion and feel free to weigh in on the wires as I know that dosn't apply to me but it may benefit others ?

CadillacSTS42005
01-11-08, 04:35 PM
you know better than to ask this
1 theres no wires on a 2000+ N* its got COP
and plugs also been beaten bro keepm delco

dwight.j.carter
01-11-08, 04:40 PM
you know better than to ask this
1 theres no wires on a 2000+ N* its got COP
and plugs also been beaten bro keepm delco

Lol hey numbnuts read my post better it is for everyone else. Plus I want to know AJ's opinion on it since I already did mine last summer I don't care anyway it was more to benefit the others that have Northstars with and without wires.

Submariner409
01-11-08, 06:21 PM
Dwight, There's also a long thread concerning platinum/iridium running right now. Iridium electrode plugs are NOT (TSB) recommended for our series of N* per AJ's TSB posts of a week ago. If a GM TSB says they're not recommended, AJ's (and my)opinion is worthless. Based on the TSB, if a GM tech put Iridium plugs in a non-recommended engine, and it had any sort of trouble, GM would have to cough up a new engine and the tech would be out of a job.

codewize
01-11-08, 06:24 PM
Stay with AC Delco all the way on that.

Cadillacboy
01-11-08, 06:45 PM
I just stick to OEM AC Delco and very happy with that

CadillacSTS42005
01-11-08, 07:21 PM
lol
i still stand behind the fact there is no wires on an 00+ lol
so i suggest using NO wires lol

dwight.j.carter
01-11-08, 07:49 PM
Dwight, There's also a long thread concerning platinum/iridium running right now. Iridium electrode plugs are NOT (TSB) recommended for our series of N* per AJ's TSB posts of a week ago. If a GM TSB says they're not recommended, AJ's (and my)opinion is worthless. Based on the TSB, if a GM tech put Iridium plugs in a non-recommended engine, and it had any sort of trouble, GM would have to cough up a new engine and the tech would be out of a job.

I know it's in the seville forum I am the one that bumped that back up. I just wanted to know AJ's opinion and since it applies to the Northstar engine it should really be in here anyway shouldn't it ?

EcSTSatic
01-11-08, 09:42 PM
Why don't you just PM him? The rest of us know how to search!

dwight.j.carter
01-14-08, 01:42 PM

Could have fooled me :D

Murphyg
01-14-08, 08:58 PM
Am sure something could be found here :
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=579322

dwight.j.carter
01-14-08, 09:29 PM
thanks smart ass now go kick rocks. There is a reason I posted this in here perhaps you should read before linking to a search !

Murphyg
01-16-08, 07:48 PM
Hey !!! Take it Easy !!!!
Was just replying to something you said.
Wasnt bein a smart ass at all. Was just showin that many of us do know how to search. Despite what you seem to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcSTSatic View Post

Could have fooled me

clarkz71
01-18-08, 08:33 PM
I replaced my plugs last summer and used stock delco platinum plugs. No wires though as my motor is a 2000 Northstar.

lol
i still stand behind the fact there is no wires on an 00+ lol
so i suggest using NO wires lol

Jason, you didn't read his post, he said he know's he doesn't have wires
on his 2000 N*.

dwight.j.carter
01-18-08, 08:40 PM
Hey !!! Take it Easy !!!!
Was just replying to something you said.
Wasnt bein a smart ass at all. Was just showin that many of us do know how to search. Despite what you seem to believe.

Sorry man I must have been having a bad day. :yup:

Murphyg
01-21-08, 07:15 PM
Understand.
Id be lyin like a rug if I said Id never had one.