: Best Wax for My Pearl Ext 04

805forlife
05-11-04, 02:44 PM
Hey everyone I am basically a new guy to the cadillac world. I got my ext last week and I love her. Great car. I was just wondering what you guys thought the best type of wax was for teh pearl white color. If you want you can email me at aqua699@aol.com
Thank you,
Sean Mayer

hcvone
05-11-04, 03:00 PM
You can read about the top 46 wax products at www.gurureports.org , they rated the top wax products in a test that they did. Synthetic waxes will outlast carnuaba wax 5 to 1 in durability.

Ralph
05-11-04, 04:03 PM
Last year I waxed my Dad's DTS in White Diamond with Prestone's synthetic caranuba wax with excellent results! Really brought out the shine, plus I had it on both of our cars all winter and the paint was just as slick feeling as in the fall.

RBraczyk
05-11-04, 04:50 PM
Aiiiiyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WAX YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a friggen week old. The paint needs to harden for at least six months. I wouldn't even wash it for a month. Don't scare me like that.

JohnnyO
05-11-04, 05:23 PM
:coolgleam Actually it depends on when the build date was and the dealer probably waxed it anyway. Zaino is great, mostly I use Mother's Paste, either with cleaner or without, depending, I like it. I hit the vehicles with a clay bar once a year after winter also but a brand new car wouldn't need that yet. My dad has some two-part stuff called PS-something that I liked real well too.

RBraczyk
05-11-04, 05:30 PM
The paint won't last as long...

exceldetail
05-11-04, 09:49 PM
The paint won't last as long...
Bah !! From paint to driveway ? Your good to go, wash and wax away.....What kills paint is lack of maintenance.....

CAR Motorsports
05-16-04, 07:28 PM
Hey everyone I am basically a new guy to the cadillac world. I got my ext last week and I love her. Great car. I was just wondering what you guys thought the best type of wax was for teh pearl white color. If you want you can email me at aqua699@aol.com
Thank you,
Sean Mayer
We have a product that we recommend. Its best for new or recently clay barred paint. Its a one step product where the wax is put on and not removed. The mere friction of the micro-fiber towel causes the liquid agents to evaporate leaving only wax on your car. It lasts a long time. It was developed by a Stanford University chemist who worked for GM in their paint department. Here's a link to more info about it.

http://www.carmotorsports.com/polish.htm

Alan

TheBehemoth
05-26-04, 02:12 PM
My suggestion:

Wash, Clay (Mothers or pinacle), polish (pinacle or skip), then Klasse AIO, then Klasse SG, then 3 coats Pinacle Past Glaz for white/silver vehicles. This way you have the durability of a synthetic and the depth of shine of a carnuba.

1. Pinacle Paste Glaz
2. P21s (wont last long though, maybe 1 to 1 1/2 months before reapplication)