: The Chrysler Versa

Jesda
01-11-08, 12:59 PM
Garbage finds garbage. Current day Nissan + Current day Chrysler = Match made in heaven.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/11/chrysler-will-sell-version-of-nissan-versa-in-south-america/

Chrysler Versa comes to South America.

AMGoff
01-11-08, 01:22 PM
Oh come on now... that's nothing more than a pot-shot at Chrysler. Who cares what they take and sell in South America?

There was an interesting suggestion I saw on Autoblog however... they should somehow work it out to bring the Renault Clio over here to the American market, especially the souped up version. Guess it could happen, Nissan and Renault are still in cahoots aren't they?

Jesda
01-11-08, 01:26 PM
Chrysler and Nissan suck big time these days. Anything decent left in their lineup is from the recent past.

AMGoff
01-11-08, 02:16 PM
While I won't argue about Nissan simply because I don't care for them at all, not all of Chrysler's new models "suck." The new Sebring convertible is decent.. as is the new, all Jeep Liberty.

Regardless, they just got out from under the all-encompassing incompetence that is Diamler... it takes some time to turn such a big ship - just look at the General. At least they're making an honest go at it... whic his more than we can say about some other carmakers.

Jesda
01-11-08, 02:28 PM
If not for the PT convertible, the Sebring 'vert' would be the most hideous new car without a top available in the US. The 1996 model was SO pretty.

thebigjimsho
01-11-08, 04:38 PM
If not for the PT convertible, the Sebring 'vert' would be the most hideous new car without a top available in the US. The 1996 model was SO pretty.Agreed. Every Sebring I see is disgusting. And the drivetrain is underwhelming, to say the least.

I like the look of the new Liberty but that's about it. The truckization of the entire Chrysler line because their trucks sell well is horrible. There is not a single new design since the 300 that I find appealing. Only gussied up SRT-8 Chargers are good looking. Every other product looks horrible.

RightTurn
01-11-08, 08:25 PM
Chrysler's new target market....:bling: :bling:

BPrkMMvrW7M

:ack: :ack::ack:

ryannel2003
01-11-08, 08:55 PM
I recently looked at a Sebring to replace my Camry, and they aren't half bad looking vehicles. But I read sales are piss poor and Chrysler is going to re-phase most of their models within the next 2 years. It's unfortunate, because I like the Sebring along with with the Chrysler 300. Plus, the new Challenger looks sexy.

Destroyer
01-11-08, 09:01 PM
I'd rather have a Tata Nano Deluxe.:alchi:

Jesda
01-11-08, 09:55 PM
I recently looked at a Sebring to replace my Camry, and they aren't half bad looking vehicles.

Camry... Sebring...

You must think the Big Mac is the world's greatest greatest burger.

RightTurn
01-11-08, 11:06 PM
I'd rather have a Tata Nano Deluxe.:alchi:

"Hey! What kind of car is that??"
"Oh, it's my Tata Nano."
:suspense: "Whut??"

LMFAO!! Sorry, but that's tragic.

thebigjimsho
01-12-08, 12:08 AM
Camry... Sebring...

You must think the Big Mac is the world's greatest greatest burger.The Chrysler Sebring. The vending machine version of White Castle burgers...

ryannel2003
01-12-08, 03:39 PM
Actually, the Big Mac isn't half bad. Camry is best midsize sedan in the segment, at least I think. I love my Camry.

Jesda
01-13-08, 11:28 AM
The 2007+ Camry suffers from body and interior inconsistencies. Not unusual to see uneven trunks or center consoles improperly installed. Then add to that the poor handling and funeral home interior. Camry SE is the exception. Older Camrys weren't fun, but were much better built.

As for Big Macs, I had one a couple nights ago. It suffices.

ryannel2003
01-13-08, 12:41 PM
Agreed, I was very disappointed with the quality of the '07 Camry when I test drove one. A huge step down compared to my 2000 LE, but I do like the body. It makes an attempt to stand out on the road, ugly or not. I guess its the Toyota thing that attracts me so much; why, I have no idea. Mine just kinda blends into the road, which can be good since I speed a lot. If I was to buy an midsize bread and butter sedan, i would look hard at the Hyundai Sonata. Low price, lots of features, big warranty, and it is a very good driving car. But, I would rather drive a used Seville than any 'ol boring midsize car.

As for Big Mac, the last one I had sucked. It all depends on who's cooking it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-13-08, 02:28 PM
Big Macs are a crave thing. You've gotta really want one to have one. I too like them from time to time...I take 'em plain with cheese though. Actually, I think I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow..

AMGoff
01-13-08, 03:28 PM
Big Macs are a crave thing. You've gotta really want one to have one. I too like them from time to time...I take 'em plain with cheese though. Actually, I think I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow..

A couple months ago, the wife was planning to show one of her classes "Super-Size Me," so we ended up watching it together the night before as she was preparing some questions to go along with it.

About half-way through I felt the sudden urge to run down to McDicks and pick up a Big-Mac and fries... it was SO good.

Anyway... Toyota USED to make decent cars. Unfortunately, they've found out the hard way that in their conscious effort to dethrone the General, their quality has suffered. History has shown that it's their superiority complex that tends to harken their downfall.

As far as the Sebrings... the first gen ('96-'00) were fantastic little cars... as were the JX sedans like the Cirrus - which if I remember correctly, was the Car of the Year at one point. As far as the ones after go... I really like the brand-new convertibles, especially the Limited with the folding hardtop... it's a nice looking car as far as I'm concerned. It's only the ones in-between that I could either take or leave.