: for those with CTS's.....

CadMan4life
01-11-08, 12:55 AM
I been talking with mr. please, who runs 22, who says he has 28.5" of width on his wheel well in the front. I just want to make sure, hopefully he measured in the right spot, what everyone else got. I'm measuring mine from the the tips, straight thru the center of the rim, to the other side. The picture should help. Reason I'm asking is because I want to put 22s on my catera, which to my knowledge hasnt been done yet. The clearence for the height is fine. The 20's are 26.2" in diameter, 22's are 27.5". I should have room to fit without mods. It will be TIGHT, and I mean REAL tight. I know I''ll probly rub on turns some, and I'm pretty sure my tire will touch the strut tower. I'm going with a 8.5" width, 7.5" rims are too limited in choice. Thanks to all that will measure. and thanks to mr. please.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/khate911/100_2256.jpg

CadMan4life
01-11-08, 12:59 AM
btw, taking the radius of the 22's (235/30/22) 14" and going around the wheel from the center looks like ill make it. I hope when they arrive I'm not decieved and they are bigger then I thought.

CadMan4life
01-11-08, 10:01 AM
dont know why the hell they moved this into the catera forum. Obviously I put this in the CTS one to get an answer. duh.

yellowxhoodie
01-11-08, 12:18 PM
haha. i was gonna say, if your looking for advice from CTS owners why would you post in the Catera forum.

Jesda
01-11-08, 10:20 PM
"Reason I'm asking is because I want to put 22s on my catera"

mrplease
01-12-08, 02:09 AM
"Reason I'm asking is because I want to put 22s on my catera"

obviously hes not gonna get any answers to his CTS question here! i guess just post it again in the CTS forum part and leave out the part about your catera. but again i think i measured it right. i measured it exactly horizontally from the center of the hub out...

P.S. to Jesda... RON PAUL BABY!!!