: New to site looking for some friendly help

middieblueSTS
01-10-08, 09:51 PM
Hey I just signed up and just wanted to say this is great! Can anyone give me some tips on how to quicly navigate the site? For example if you post a thread and someone responds is their any way you can be notified besides going into that actual thread?

I have a 2000 STS midnight blue that I bought 8 months ago with 35K from FLA, paid 9K.:bonkers:

Submariner409
01-10-08, 10:04 PM
:highfive: Well, Hello! Post this same info down in the general discussion forum under Member Introductions. ......and, you'll have to snoop around in your gray matter memory bank in order to keep your questions and posts in their proper place(s).

Tip: Pour a drink, log in, and spend a few leisurely hours just plain snooping around the Forums of your interest, plus those way down in general information as well as the Rules sub-forum under Site News. Watch the fireworks for a few days. Everyone in here is different, we all have our hissy fits, nobody is correct 100% of the time, and take everything with a grain of salt.

middieblueSTS
01-10-08, 10:15 PM
Thanks!

CadillacSTS42005
01-10-08, 10:29 PM
welcome
awesome color!
very rare
pics?

orconn
01-10-08, 10:37 PM
Welcome! I am relatively new to this site and to the world of these forums. The information I have picked up perusing the various threads has been a great help in better understanding the strengths and weaknesses of these cars. Let me say, that I agree totally with Sub's advice ........take the time to wander around the varous threads; i.e. you will be surprised where you will find the info you are looking for. We all seem to often get sidetracked while contributing to a thread, so a threads title is not necessarily indicative of the info you made find there. The previously posted advice to use the Google search engine when searching this forum is right on....and seems to yield better reults when looing for specific info. But don't discount serendipity to yield worthwhile reults also!

middieblueSTS
01-10-08, 10:44 PM
Right on thanks guys. I will post pics soon, hard to keep the car clean in Michigan! Sounds like you have some pretty cool mods on your cars 2003, right on!

CadillacSTS42005
01-10-08, 11:53 PM
ty
you should see my ETC
its a tad more dramatic than my STS lol

N0DIH
01-10-08, 11:59 PM
JL9 caliper upgrade? What is the story on it? Can you do a tech article on it?

Current Mods:
AJ Stage 1 Performance Tune (personal thanks to AJ)
Strut Tower Brace
JL9 Lucerne Dual Piston Caliper Upgrade
Custom Self Built Cat Back Exhaust
Factory Navigation Upgrade

middieblueSTS
01-11-08, 09:34 AM
yeah I would also be interested if you get a chance, thanks!

Cadillacboy
01-11-08, 09:53 AM
Welcome to the forums !

CadillacSTS42005
01-11-08, 11:42 AM
double post...

CadillacSTS42005
01-11-08, 11:42 AM
JL9 caliper upgrade? What is the story on it? Can you do a tech article on it?

suppose so
its not really that hard
Buick Lucerne has a JL9 RPO performance brake package which uses a dual piston caliper used on the N* edition.
The frame as well as the engine and several other components of this car comes from the K body the Seville is deisgned on.
If you get a set of calis with the brakets they are a direct bolt on to the stock hubs, no need to change the rotor or anything, even the brake lines match up.
If you wanted to go even better than that the newer DTS (NOT DEVILLE DTS) uses standard JL9 brakes but as a performance option on that (on the Performance Sedan), there are the J55 brakes which use a bigger rotor, you can do this swap instead of the JL9 and everything will still match up car but you must also replace the rotor and be running larger than a 16 inch wheel (ie you need at least a 17 inch wheel to prevent rubbing).
Obviously you must order the correct brake pads for whatever application your taking the brakes FROM.

Keep in mind you M U S T get the bracket as well to mount the caliper on

NOTE
this will only work on the FRONT brakes, the rears have different mounting for the E brake cables so ive been told so i have not tried nor will i to install either JL9 or J55 rears.

CadillacSTS42005
01-11-08, 03:32 PM
pad i went with AC delco again
idk about wear sensors my car doesnt have it so i didnt need to worry about it
yes it showed an improvement in stopping

middieblueSTS
01-11-08, 03:48 PM
Hey thanks man! Hate to ask but do you have part #'s for J55 clipers and rotors handy?

CadillacSTS42005
01-11-08, 03:57 PM
nope
never bothered to look into it
if you plan on buying though talk to Luke at Lindsay Parts
youll get your stuff alot faster

EcSTSatic
01-11-08, 04:00 PM
Welcome

In the lower menu bar under "Cadillac Discussion Tools", you can "subscribe to this thread"

N0DIH
01-11-08, 04:20 PM
I looked at the J55 brake parts for my 91 Deville and they made no sense at all. Calipers were huge and the spindle they mounted to wasn't FWD.... It was the oddest thing I have ever seen....

CadillacSTS42005
01-11-08, 06:17 PM
theres two J55s i think
its also the brake size used on the new STS
im not 100% sure but i thought it was J55 was the brake package on the Lux Performance Edition DTS

middieblueSTS
01-12-08, 01:23 PM
Ok I want the J55's. How much are the mounting brackets and where do you get them?

urbanski
01-12-08, 07:17 PM
interesting
this guy
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/125650-please-help-follow-up-questions-about.html

wanted brake upgrades, and I banned him for spamming. that isnt you is it?

middieblueSTS
01-13-08, 04:29 PM
No, that's pretty funny and ironic though. I'm not spamming, am I? I've just been asking questions and talking about my car... Is that why I can reply to my PM? Can you restore please?

middieblueSTS
01-13-08, 04:30 PM
*can't reply to my PM

N0DIH
01-13-08, 05:00 PM
I think you need between 30 and 50 posts to get PM's working.

urbanski
01-14-08, 02:23 PM
No, that's pretty funny and ironic though. I'm not spamming, am I? I've just been asking questions and talking about my car... Is that why I can reply to my PM? Can you restore please?

the similarities led me to ask if you were a user i banned, and then promptly (within 3 minutes) rejoined. that was my question. dont need PMs for that. please answer.

middieblueSTS
01-14-08, 04:20 PM
Like I said before, no that's not me. Can I get my PM's back please? thanks.

EcSTSatic
01-14-08, 04:25 PM
How can you get them back if you've never had them? It takes more posts for a new member. Unless...... :stirpot:

middieblueSTS
01-15-08, 12:10 PM
i had PM's last week and now I don't. IDK, I'm confused about what's going on.