: What type of grease for shifter install?

Caditude
01-10-08, 05:14 PM
Installing my Katech shifter and it didn't come with any grease. What type of grease do the other shifters use?

Thanks!

rand49er
01-10-08, 05:33 PM
The only things I greased were the UUC bushings. Used what I had ... marine grease.

Twitch
01-10-08, 06:29 PM
UUC comes with grease :)

urbanski
01-10-08, 06:50 PM
mine didnt, i dont think. i had some white silicone grease lying around....very very light touch on the bushings, and lots on the "ball"....which I clean/regrease often.
did i just say that?

rand49er
01-10-08, 11:51 PM
mine didnt, i dont think. i had some white silicone grease lying around....very very light touch on the bushings, and lots on the "ball"....which I clean/regrease often.
did i just say that?Reminds of a joke ...

Caditude
01-11-08, 10:43 AM
Thanks Twitch, that helpe out a lot!

To bad the UUC costs more then a $1.49 more then the Katech. That's what a tube of silicone grease cost at AutoZone.

Hopefully I can help you out in the future.

Twitch
01-11-08, 11:11 AM
Thanks Twitch, that helpe out a lot!

To bad the UUC costs more then a $1.49 more then the Katech. That's what a tube of silicone grease cost at AutoZone.

Hopefully I can help you out in the future.

$1.49!?!?!! You got ripped! I didn't pay anything for the UUC grease. You should shop around more. lol
Seriously though, let us know how it is. You might be the first one with it.
I thought about it, but decided to go with the proven product. Also wanted the weighted knob and bushings, so I got them all from Lindsay.