DT7 - 7-Series competitor? Maybe the new STS/DTS replacement
CT6 - 6-Series competitor? The CTS coupe
CT5 - 5-Series competitor? The CTS sedan
BT3 - 3-Series competitor? The BTS
AT1 - 1-Series competitor?
DTX -
CTX -
BTX -

Could the "X"s be new SUV/CUV names? Or all-wheel drive versions of the other vehicles?

Submariner409
01-10-08, 05:45 PM
At least an alphanumeric progression like that has some semblance of meaning and identity. Some other makes/models have designations that may look/sound catchy, but mean nothing. ("Look/sound catchy" is the operative here.......:rolleyes:)

CadillacSTS42005
01-11-08, 12:19 AM
where the STS
and whats CT6?

gothicaleigh
01-11-08, 11:28 AM
I don't think they will change them again so soon after the recent renaming and do not see them using such an obvious copy of BMW's numbering scheme even if they do.

77CDV
01-12-08, 12:37 AM
DT7 - 7-Series competitor? Maybe the new STS/DTS replacement
CT6 - 6-Series competitor? The CTS coupe
CT5 - 5-Series competitor? The CTS sedan
BT3 - 3-Series competitor? The BTS
AT1 - 1-Series competitor?
DTX -
CTX -
BTX -

Could the "X"s be new SUV/CUV names? Or all-wheel drive versions of the other vehicles?
:umno:Sorry, Sal. But then, I never cared for the alphabet soup naming trend. I'd rather real names that evoke something rather than the clinical alphanumeric designations.

Lord Cadillac
01-14-08, 02:14 PM
where the STS
and whats CT6?
I'm sure you know by now that the STS is gone...

70eldo
02-04-08, 08:01 AM
Sorry for digging it up, but it is still current... (found the same topic in the GM-insider news)

My guess (if it makes any sense)

DT7 = DTS Successor (2011/12)
CT6 = STS Successor (enlarged Sigma 2 Platform)
CT5 = new gen CTS (2012)
BT3 = new gen BLS (Epsilon 2 platform) (2010/11)
AT1 = baby Cadillac that has been rumoured (new gen Opel/Saturn Astra Platform) (2010/11)
DTX = Escalade successor
CTX = new gen SRX

The numbering will take the hassle with the S away, wether that is a Sedan and if they should use C and W for the coupe and the wagon. So it will be the CT5 sedan, coupe and wagon in the future (and the V's). XLR naming will remain as is.
The platform range will nicely go up from A to D, with different versions of the platform (number for size or X for cross over) and everything makes sense again. Sorry for all the lovers of the full names, but Cadillac took a new road in 2002...

cooncat
02-24-08, 03:37 PM
I wish they would bring back the old names, Seville, DeVille, Fleetwood, etc. I was speaking to a couple friends about the different Caddy models and they got all confused by the different letters. To me, the names sounded more elegant. What would they call the CTS and the SRX though?