: NEED HELP - HAVE CODES P1416 and P0101

timepiecenlife
01-10-08, 11:22 AM
My 2000 Cadillac Deville is displaying the codes P1416 (Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System Bank 2) and P0101 (Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance). Can anyone please tell me in layman's terms what might be wrong with my car and how to fix it. Thanks.

Ranger
01-10-08, 01:02 PM
Have you done any work on this car (left the MAF unplugged)? Have you added an after market (oiled) air filter?

timepiecenlife
01-10-08, 02:06 PM
The car has had work done on it in the past. Not sure about the MAF. The air filter is changed every time the car gets an oil change. Can you please let me know how the MAF and air filter relate to the codes?

Ranger
01-10-08, 06:58 PM
IF you used an aftermarket "performance" air filter (not recommended) that requires oiling it and you put too much oil on it, oil gets sucked into the intake and can coat the MAF sensor causing a problem. If you are using a standard pleated paper filter, that is not the problem. Maybe just a failing MAF sensor. Not sure if the two are related or not though. Could be two separate problems.

MM STS
01-10-08, 09:11 PM
IF you used an aftermarket "performance" air filter (not recommended) that requires oiling it and you put too much oil on it, oil gets sucked into the intake and can coat the MAF sensor causing a problem. If you are using a standard pleated paper filter, that is not the problem. Maybe just a failing MAF sensor. Not sure if the two are related or not though. Could be two separate problems. Would that mean the K&N filter would be a bad thing for the MAF? I did not oil the one in my other car but I believe that when cleaning oil is used as part of the refresh.

Ranger
01-10-08, 09:40 PM
Yup. That oil is what does it. I would suggest doing a search for K&N. It's been discussed many times. They are not highly recommended.