: Your expert opinions

a027418
01-09-08, 09:14 AM
Hello all. New member here from the Boston area. I was just looking for you opinions on what Cadillacs you would recommend from the years 1996 to 2002. I've been reading on this forum about all of the Head Gasket problems that seem to be encountered. Do any of the used Cadilacs not encounter this problem? What seems to be the mileage range that this happens? Does higher mileage rule out the HG problem? Any opinions would be most welcome. I've owned Cadillacs thru the 80's into the early 90's. I'm looking to get back into the game. Thanks, Joe

CadillacSTS42005
01-09-08, 11:28 AM
a late 02 STS with F55 Magride
02 ETC Collectors

those would be my top two out of those years
if your for performance get an ETC or STS perferably after 96 as 97+ Stabilitrak was added

Lord Cadillac
01-09-08, 01:55 PM
What do you think of a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham?

AMGoff
01-09-08, 02:25 PM
It all depends on what you're looking for exactly. I'll second Sal's suggestion... a last-run Fleetwood would be a great pick and I'd say out of all of the 90's Cadillacs, they stand the best chance of reaching "collector" status in the next 10-15 years or so. If you're going to go with a Northstar powered Cadillac I'd suggest getting one that's 2000+. Of course I'm going to recommend a Seville simply because I own one.. and they provide just about the perfect balance of what anyone would need. There are some really good deals out there on loaded, low-mileage, late-model Sevilles, especially ones with the SLS trim. Then again, if you're looking for more of the "quintessential" Cadillac... then a big 'ol Deville is probably the way to go. But again, it will all come down to what your taste dictates.

77CDV
01-12-08, 12:41 AM
Northstars and HG problems just seem to go together, like PB&J. I'd also vote for a 96 Fleetwood, just because they're awesome cars and so cool looking, esp. in black! Otherwise, how about an Eldorado, specifically the ETC? They're very quick and even the touring coupe version rides well. I love my 01 ETC.