: disappointed by 09 V

the cadillac kid
01-08-08, 07:37 PM
anyone else think the 09 V front bumper looks kinda ricer?
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/2009/2009-cadillac-cts-v-16.jpg
http://www.spooledmotorsports.com/images/Buddy%20Club%20Body%20Kit%20(03%20and%20up%20Honda %20Civic%20Si%203-Door).jpg

the cadillac kid
01-08-08, 07:43 PM
http://www.autodoplnky.cz/picture/novinky_shop/0_rok_2006/13_03_2006_ibherdesign/spoilery_ibherdesign_new_100.jpg

the cadillac kid
01-08-08, 07:48 PM
http://www.westcohost.com/rwimg/i.php?pid=abv-94hdacc4dqst-006

dqw1
01-08-08, 07:50 PM
I'll take it next fall.

the cadillac kid
01-08-08, 07:59 PM
i'll take your sweet ass current V :thumbsup:

Cadillac Tony
01-08-08, 08:05 PM
The only thing disappointing is that it's not already in my garage. :D

wrazor1
01-08-08, 08:08 PM
You can have the current car. I'll take this one next fall as well. This appears to be a better car in every single respect and unlike the old V, is actually set up for real performance. I always got the impression with the old car that it was a base CTS with a Vette engine dropped in as an afterthough and that was it. That's why I chose to just get the real thing (Corvette). This appears to be a car designed for performance. I can't wait.

TaVern
01-08-08, 08:09 PM
Not really...

Tasteful, aggressive, quasi ricer-look (does that make sense?).

CIWS
01-08-08, 08:12 PM
Those ricers hacked into GM/Cadi's sekret R&D server and stole design ideas years back :yup:

;)

RightTurn
01-08-08, 08:15 PM
Looks frackin' hawt. :drool:

Jon
01-08-08, 08:27 PM
Anyone else notice that the park brake is now electronic?
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01/x09ca_ct019.jpg

jasaero
01-08-08, 08:28 PM
I bit ricer looking, but only because it needed to be for the intercooler I am sure is behind that lower mesh grill. I am sure they would have retained a face more like the standard 2009 CTS's, but that wouldn't have worked for the intercooler probably.

TaVern
01-08-08, 08:33 PM
Anyone else notice that the park brake is now electronic?
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01/x09ca_ct019.jpg

How much will that cost to repair when the warranty expires?

Jon
01-08-08, 08:35 PM
How much will that cost to repair when the warranty expires?
Well the Lincoln LS has that and I haven't heard of many problems. But one of the complaints about the '08 CTS was no electronic park brake. And now we finally know what that little panel was for on the '08 CTS. Seems like Caddy planned it a while back, but didn't have it ready for the '08 launch.

CVP33
01-08-08, 09:43 PM
I'm disappointed that I have to wait until Q4. Other than that I'm in love all over again. Haven't been this excited about a car since late 2003 just before buying my 2004 CTS-V on 2/12/04. Oh how I've missed thee.

csp3000
01-08-08, 09:53 PM
The only thing disappointing is that it's not already in my garage. :D

:yeah::yup:

kduniverse
01-08-08, 10:12 PM
http://http://www.autoblog.com/photos/detroit-2008-2009-cadillac-cts-v/556418/full/

Definitely digging it, along with the 550hp

HushH
01-09-08, 12:40 AM
I am pleasantly surprised by the look. I was afraid it was going to be a little bland. That's certainly not the case. :D

v84life
01-09-08, 01:33 AM
I'm ready.......:drool:

RightTurn
01-09-08, 09:45 AM
... I am sure they would have retained a face more like the standard 2009 CTS's, but that wouldn't have worked for the intercooler probably.

I for one am VERY happy to see a much different "face" than the standard CTS. The V needs it's distinctive look...and it's got one. Hell yeah. :highfive: BRING IT ON!

trukk
01-09-08, 11:34 AM
http://www.autodoplnky.cz/picture/novinky_shop/0_rok_2006/13_03_2006_ibherdesign/spoilery_ibherdesign_new_100.jpg

That's not rice it's 'Flambe' (since it's from the Frogs).

-Chris

neuronbob
01-09-08, 02:40 PM
It would only be "rice" if it were non-functional. In the V, of course, it is functional.

In any case, I like the look of the front, it is definitely aggressive.

trukk
01-09-08, 02:53 PM
GAK, did anyone notice this:

Like the previous CTS-V, a dual-mass flywheel is used, which allows for smooth, chatter-free performance.

:thepan:

And with the other noise-reduction features used throughout, the sound is virtually eliminated.

I smell BIG RUBBER BUSHINGS!!! :thepan::thepan:

The carís limited-slip differential is made of cast iron for extreme strength

:worship:. Thank gawd. Would it be too much to ask for them to release an iron version for the GenI V, say through GM performance? (That's a rhetorical question, as we all know the answer is NO.)

I wonder what the rwhp of this thing will actually be?

550*.80=440 ?? I hope to be near that number after my cam install :D

-Chris

LV_V
01-10-08, 01:01 AM
kid, its a V thing ;)

ali_dmx
01-10-08, 02:25 AM
And with the other noise-reduction features used throughout, the sound is virtually eliminated.

NO!!! You have a 550hp car with 550 torque, you want the people around you to hear its sound!

Those noise reduction features are the first thing I'm eliminating. :p

crankedupforit
01-10-08, 04:28 PM
You can have the current car. I'll take this one next fall as well. This appears to be a better car in every single respect and unlike the old V, is actually set up for real performance. I always got the impression with the old car that it was a base CTS with a Vette engine dropped in as an afterthough and that was it. That's why I chose to just get the real thing (Corvette). This appears to be a car designed for performance. I can't wait.

Hindsight is 20/20. Just remember that the V1 is the car that started it all and could be the turning point for the Cadillac brand. The V2 should and must be a better car, but remember without the old wheel hoppin, button flakin, sloppy shifter car that started it all there would be no V2. The V1 will go down as the first real American sports sedan capable of world class status and despite it's shortcomings is still a great car. BTW what makes you think the new CTS V isn't a base CTS with a Vette engine as well?

Jon
01-10-08, 05:49 PM
Hindsight is 20/20. Just remember that the V1 is the car that started it all and could be the turning point for the Cadillac brand. The V2 should and must be a better car, but remember without the old wheel hoppin, button flakin, sloppy shifter car that started it all there would be no V2. The V1 will go down as the first real American sports sedan capable of world class status and despite it's shortcomings is still a great car. BTW what makes you think the new CTS V isn't a base CTS with a Vette engine as well?
For one the new V has magnetic ride suspension, base CTS doesn't.

tblack
01-11-08, 04:20 AM
I'm only disappointed I probably won't see one in my garage until late '08

Black Majick
01-11-08, 10:39 AM
I bit ricer looking, but only because it needed to be for the intercooler I am sure is behind that lower mesh grill. I am sure they would have retained a face more like the standard 2009 CTS's, but that wouldn't have worked for the intercooler probably.

Intercooler is incorporated into the upper intake manifold, which BTW I see as being one of the first mods with regards to feeding it colder fluid as opposed to the hot engine coolant that it will see from the factory....then the ZR1 blower pulley swap, then a better belt that won't slip, then headers, then a tune..........oh hell, here we go again....

pietroraimondi
01-11-08, 12:27 PM
Intercooler is incorporated into the upper intake manifold, which BTW I see as being one of the first mods with regards to feeding it colder fluid as opposed to the hot engine coolant that it will see from the factory....then the ZR1 blower pulley swap, then a better belt that won't slip, then headers, then a tune..........oh hell, here we go again....

The ZR1 utilizes a different and larger series supercharger manufactured by Eaton which I believe is the 2300 series 4 lobe series.

And although only factory rated at 630HP; there is much, much more left on the table and the factory forged internal and rotating assembly is handbuilt to handle what ever the aftermarket is prepared to throw at it.

The CTSV utilizes the smaller 1900 series 4 lobe version from Eaton with a stock LS3 bottom end. It's no slouch by any means and a cam with ported heads should be able to add another 100 HP. Anything more than that would neccessitate forged internals.

The difference between the two Eaton superchargers is not simply a difference in pully size to gain another 100 BHP.

Black Majick
01-11-08, 12:42 PM
The ZR1 utilizes a different and larger series supercharger manufactured by Eaton which I believe is the 2300 series 4 lobe series.

And although only factory rated at 630HP; there is much, much more left on the table and the factory forged internal and rotating assembly is handbuilt to handle what ever the aftermarket is prepared to throw at it.

The CTSV utilizes the smaller 1900 series 4 lobe version from Eaton with a stock LS3 bottom end. It's no slouch by any means and a cam with ported heads should be able to add another 100 HP. Anything more than that would neccessitate forged internals.

The difference between the two Eaton superchargers is not simply a difference in pully size to gain another 100 BHP.

I did notice a difference in supercharger displacement now that you mention it, I guess I assumed it was another of the infamous typo's that GM seems to have in their litterature quite often.

Dr. Design
01-11-08, 12:58 PM
The intercooler should be using its own fluid system separated from the engine coolant. Intercooler fluid should stay in the 150 degree range.
Just FYI.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

lawfive
01-11-08, 01:12 PM
My bet: within the first 2.5 years somebody will yank the LSA and drop in an LS9. Possibly Chef.

the cadillac kid
01-11-08, 01:38 PM
o boy...

pietroraimondi
01-11-08, 02:36 PM
The biggest disappointment was Cadillac's corporate decision to abandon its Manufacturer's presence in the World Challenge SCCA series.

They finally produce what we all expect to be a stellar product that is intended to compete and beat on every level what is offered from Germany.

I guess somewhere along the line they forgot the old adage of "Win on Sunday and sell on Monday."

I guess the General has decided to let Chevrolet and the C6R's gather all of the glory.

onebadcad
01-11-08, 03:04 PM
I guess somewhere along the line they forgot the old adage of "Win on Sunday and sell on Monday."

I guess the General has decided to let Chevrolet and the C6R's gather all of the glory.

Naw, Cadillac just got tired of winning every weekend. They are taking a few years off so the others can remember what it feels like to win.

pietroraimondi
01-11-08, 06:32 PM
Naw, Cadillac just got tired of winning every weekend. They are taking a few years off so the others can remember what it feels like to win.

But seriously and I'm sure others feel the same way; it pissed me off to hear the Cadillac director of marketing (her name escapes me) say that Cadillac was exiting their SCCA Manufacturers representation so that they could concentrate on their core business????

Maybe she's living under a rock, but Cadillac's SCCA representation did more to sell CTSV's in spite of their rear differential engineering flaws than anything else as far as I am concerned.

If your going to build a world class sports sedan to compete with the likes of BMW and you have Lutz making claims that the new CTSV will suck the doors off the M5; what better arena to prove it in then the SCCA World Challenge Series?

This IMO was probably one of Cadillac's best forms of brand marketing and they decide to walk away from it when their at the top of the SCCA, the 2008 CTS is Car of the Year and ready to release a new V??

Makes no sense to me I guess.

OldRoadDawg
01-11-08, 06:48 PM
But seriously and I'm sure others feel the same way; it pissed me off to hear the Cadillac director of marketing (her name escapes me) say that Cadillac was exiting their SCCA Manufacturers representation so that they could concentrate on their core business????

Maybe she's living under a rock, but Cadillac's SCCA representation did more to sell CTSV's in spite of their rear differential engineering flaws than anything else as far as I am concerned.

If your going to build a world class sports sedan to compete with the likes of BMW and you have Lutz making claims that the new CTSV will suck the doors off the M5; what better arena to prove it in then the SCCA World Challenge Series?

This IMO was probably one of Cadillac's best forms of brand marketing and they decide to walk away from it when their at the top of the SCCA, the 2008 CTS is Car of the Year and ready to release a new V??

Well Pete, sounds like a good question for you to ask John Heinricy during the Live Chat on Monday.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/128209-gm-cadillac-live-chat.html

CVP33
01-11-08, 06:51 PM
"Win on Sunday and sell on Monday."

If the rear differential holds together Monday through Friday they'll sell all they can manufacture regardless of what they do or don't do on the weekend. Deserved or not, the reputation of the rear diff's stopped a lot of sales, despite the V's incredible SCCA record.

Dr. Design
01-11-08, 10:52 PM
Hello,
It is our understanding that they pulled out for a few reasons.... But they will be involved in another motorsports program shortly. Think 09 CTSV racecar....

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

roadracerx72
01-11-08, 11:13 PM
kind of like my 08 Nismo.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/roadracerx72/IMG_1883.jpg

Dave's V
01-13-08, 02:37 PM
Most of those ricers have a big fart can sticking out the rear though. I'm sure the V does not. I think it looks great.

lbwd
01-13-08, 08:57 PM
I'm glad to see someone else noticed it. Looked good for a second, but then it looked like a product off the "streets" in China. Rice served with a good dish, but honestly, rice doesn't go that well with steak. It should be a pretty good hit though. Maybe someone will come out with a body kit that makes it look better. The more I look at it, the less I like it. Odd for a Cadillac.

Silver Dollar
01-14-08, 01:33 PM
i'll take your sweet ass.....

Nuff said.

the cadillac kid
01-14-08, 04:48 PM
:gah: bastard!

the cadillac kid
01-14-08, 04:53 PM
the rest of you dont see resemblance in the front bumper cover to that of asian automobiles ? http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2008/mitsubishi.lancer/08.mitsubishi.lancer.340.jpg

Maxb49
01-14-08, 05:40 PM
I'm disappointed too. General Motors can't do anything right.

the cadillac kid
01-14-08, 06:06 PM
^^ uh not saying that.

i love the CTS & the V .... the 09 V pushing out 550/550 WOW! ZR1? i'm SPEECHLESS

urbanski
01-14-08, 06:16 PM
I'm disappointed too. General Motors can't do anything right.

if trolling and adding nothing is all you can offer, leave.

Krug Ford
01-14-08, 07:01 PM
They need to update the rear end too.

Maxb49
01-14-08, 07:18 PM
if trolling and adding nothing is all you can offer, leave.

If stating my displeasure with the direction that Cadillac - a brand that I love and own - is taking bothers you, that's tough. GM could have done a lot better with this car. The powertrain, dimensions, and styling are all poorly executed. If raw numbers impress you, fine. I want to see some substance behind those numbers. Substance is what this car is lacking.

lusterblade
01-14-08, 09:24 PM
If stating my displeasure with the direction that Cadillac - a brand that I love and own - is taking bothers you, that's tough. GM could have done a lot better with this car. The powertrain, dimensions, and styling are all poorly executed. If raw numbers impress you, fine. I want to see some substance behind those numbers. Substance is what this car is lacking.

:cookoo:

CVP33
01-14-08, 11:54 PM

I'm with you. Why not 7 lug nuts GM? What gives? What happened to innovation. :annoyed:

P-Funk
01-15-08, 03:05 PM
What about the powertrain and dimensions are bad? Styling is an individual taste (which you obviously lack any of but that is a different subject :rolleyes:) but you can't tell me a 4 door sedan with 550 hp and tq isn't good.

Dimensions are bad? Yeah, I guess you're right. It should have been 6 ft longer and at least 4 ft wider. All of the other loser car companies fit between the lines on the road but Cadillac is showing poor direction by not moving beyond that.

Maxb49
01-15-08, 03:57 PM
What about the powertrain and dimensions are bad?

I would have had the LS7 installed in this car.

Koooop
01-15-08, 04:03 PM
The only thing I see wrong with the '09 CTS-V is that there isn't one sitting in my driveway.

If that's rice, them give some!

Katshot
01-15-08, 05:20 PM
Some things never change. You guys still mob anyone who dares speak against GM, Cadillac, or heaven forbid, the holy 'V'.

IMO, the car's styling is a nice change, and the interior is a huge improvement. And what can you say about 550lb/ft of torque? You gotta love it of course!
MY question is;
What's with the weight? This car needs Jenny Craig! I mean I NEVER thought of my '95 Fleetwood as anything but friggin' HUGE but when you start comparing it to the CTS-V, the car starts looking positively trim!
Think about it, the 'V' is 3 feet shorter and has an aluminum engine but still weighs only about 100 pounds less! That just seems odd to me. All the suspension tricks in the world can't change the laws of physics, how do you suppose this car's going to handle?
It's a shame too because I gotta say it's one hot-ass car.

The Tony Show
01-15-08, 05:43 PM
I would have had the LS7 installed in this car.

Why? It has 75 fewer lbs/ft of torque and it's maxed out for displacement, not to mention that the thin cylinder walls make it basically unable to handle boost.

I can't think of a single reason the LS7 would be a better choice.

Maxb49
01-15-08, 05:54 PM
Why? It has 75 fewer lbs/ft of torque and it's maxed out for displacement, not to mention that the thin cylinder walls make it basically unable to handle boost.

I can't think of a single reason the LS7 would be a better choice.

Car tastes are personal opinions. I can respect that you and the rest like the new CTS-V. I don't. Luxury cars are about preferences. Picking a luxury car you like is like selecting your favourite ice cream flavour, pizza topping, or colour hair on a girl. What's incredible is how the Cadillac fanboys (not accusing you Tony Show) go ape when they realize that not everyone has their preferences. The 505 horsepower produced from the LS7 would have been fine in this car. The front fascia and stout boxy tail don't cut it in the elegant department, as far as I'm concerned. For the record, I have nothing against the power output of the supercharged engine or the quality of the fit and finish. But if aggregate output and fit and finish were the only thing that mattered when it came to cars, we would all be driving supercharged Honda Accords! The name Cadillac signifies a large, long car with a dream boat ride and effortless driving dynamics - NOT a cramped supercharged sport sedan. Rather than seeing the CTS-V, I'd like to see reincarnations of the Fleetwood, Eldorado, and Eldorado Brougham to take on the Mercedes S, CL, and CLS classes respectively.

HushH
01-15-08, 06:06 PM
That still doesn't explain why LS7 over LSA. The LS7 is fine for a car that weighs 1000 pounds less. At 4300 pounds, the new V will need all that torque to get it moving quickly enough to compete in this class.

The Tony Show
01-15-08, 06:07 PM
Car tastes are personal opinions. I can respect that you and the rest like the new CTS-V. I don't. Luxury cars are about preferences. Picking a luxury car you like is like selecting your favourite ice cream flavour, pizza topping, or colour hair on a girl. What's incredible is how the Cadillac fanboys (not accusing you Tony Show) go ape when they realize that not everyone has their preferences. The 505 horsepower produced from the LS7 would have been fine in this car. The front fascia and stout boxy tail don't cut it in the elegant department, as far as I'm concerned.

Now THAT's an intelligent statement. I happen to disagree, but at least you acknowledge the fact that personal preference is at play here. I also feel that 475 ft/lbs. of torque would have made this car outdated before it ever hit the showroom. You need to do some reading on the competition to see what they're aiming at, and 505/475 wouldn't cut the mustard.

The name Cadillac signifies a large, long car with a dream boat ride and effortless driving dynamics - NOT a cramped supercharged sport sedan. Rather than seeing the CTS-V, I'd like to see reincarnations of the Fleetwood, Eldorado, and Eldorado Brougham to take on the Mercedes S, CL, and CLS classes respectively.

This is a different story- I couldn't disagree more. In today's market, there is simply no buyer for a "long, dream boat" car (save for the octogenarians here in Florida). Today's car market is about driving excitement and power, mixed with comfort and features. Your wish for an S-Class fighter will come true in a few years when Cadillac combines the DTS and STS into a new flagship car, but it would be foolish of them to ignore the market for small, sporty luxury cars as they did from the 70's to 2002. Cadillac lost billions in perceived cache and desirability by making nothing but boats.

Maxb49
01-15-08, 06:22 PM
The reason I prefer the LS7 is because I happen to like it's mechanical simplicity. Now that I think about it, I haden't accounted for it's 4,300 pound weight.

Koooop
01-15-08, 09:43 PM
Cadillac made V16 cars, big and fast.

I think that there are some good statements here. I don't think everyone wants a 550HP supercharged car either. So for your wives, Cadillac offers a V6 in the CTS as well.

Personally I don't even own a car that makes less than 400HP and I won't be buying a car that makes less than that anytime soon. So if Cadillac doesn't make me what I want I'll just buy from a manufacturer that will make me what I want.

I want the 09 CTS-V!

(There is nothing simple about the LS7)

cbloveday
01-15-08, 09:53 PM
Now THAT's an intelligent statement. I happen to disagree, but at least you acknowledge the fact that personal preference is at play here. I also feel that 475 ft/lbs. of torque would have made this car outdated before it ever hit the showroom. You need to do some reading on the competition to see what they're aiming at, and 505/475 wouldn't cut the mustard.

This is a different story- I couldn't disagree more. In today's market, there is simply no buyer for a "long, dream boat" car (save for the octogenarians here in Florida). Today's car market is about driving excitement and power, mixed with comfort and features. Your wish for an S-Class fighter will come true in a few years when Cadillac combines the DTS and STS into a new flagship car, but it would be foolish of them to ignore the market for small, sporty luxury cars as they did from the 70's to 2002. Cadillac lost billions in perceived cache and desirability by making nothing but boats.

I think Cadillac has a car fro everyone. I personally want an affordable, powerful, luxury 4 door. Call it what you want. If I want a boat, I buy a boat. My wife drives a boat (Escalade ESV). I also own a boat for the water.
What I enjoy driving is a car that has luxury and soul. That is why I am buying the V. You can get the same degree of performance for 10s of thousand less than BMW and Mercedes. I need comfort for my commute, but there are times when I just wanna drop the hammer.

Dr Chill
01-15-08, 11:53 PM
That still doesn't explain why LS7 over LSA. The LS7 is fine for a car that weighs 1000 pounds less. At 4300 pounds, the new V will need all that torque to get it moving quickly enough to compete in this class.

I agree. Most owners of both E55 and E63 will tell you the supercharged 5.4L motor makes for a faster car than the 6.3L, all else being the same. Torque, torque, torque.