: Coolant Leak...Suggestions

seabass
01-08-08, 04:44 PM
I posted this question a few months ago and I am still having the problem. But now I have more information. Originally I was smelling coolant when I turned the car off. It would not last long but the smell was getting progressively stronger. Well last night I noticed a quarter sized amount of coolant on my garage floor. As of yet I have not been able to identify where this is coming from but I did check the fluid levels and nothing looked low. But when I did take off the oil fill cap I noticed the white foam crap that I have been hearing about.

As you all know I did purchase the aftermarket warranty and I guess it is time to take the baby in. It would help if I had an idea of what this is so they do not try to snow me. Other than that the only other problem is the vibration I still get around 50mph. So far I am very happy. I expected these problems.

Seabass

TitanCTS
01-08-08, 07:32 PM
Well first off the white foamy stuff could either be coolant in the oil which you should check the coolant reservoir and see if there is any oil mixed in with the coolant, If it is white milky substance then that is accumulated moisture in the oil which is somewhat normal in colder temps but if it is substantial amount then I recommend having your breather system checked out for any clogged pipes/tubes/ the breather box itself could be clogged.. I am an Audi technician so I see this problem regularly in colder climates..

rinverso
01-19-08, 02:09 PM
i would bring it to caddy since you have the warranty. the warranty company never question the dealer. i learned that the hard way. possible oil cooler leak, also possible idler arm. at least that was my vibration problem.
robert good luck:rolleyes:

rinverso
02-05-08, 10:18 PM
seabass, how did you make out with the problem??
robert:duck: