: Sick ....AGAIN ...help !!!

Stoneage_Caddy
01-07-08, 07:19 PM
Ok , there was a time that i was bulletproof , never taking a sick day , never being sick for more then a day...and that was always minor

The past 3-6 months thats all changed , Im now constatnly sick with some sort of cold or flu.

Is there any suppliments that help this? i rarely go out in public and when i do ive got hand santizer , Im germophobic , but it seems now no matter what i do im sick every 2 weeks ....

I belive i must be low on some sort of vitamin or mineral ....

Spyder
01-07-08, 07:21 PM
I've been the same the last three or so months. Constant damned colds when I used to spend about three days a year being ill. Headaches, sore throat, cough that I can't kick, sore lungs/chest from the coughing, runny nose etc etc etc. It sucks. At this point I'm just hoping it goes away before springtime.

Submariner409
01-07-08, 07:26 PM
Get a flu shot, pneumonia vaccination, drink more Evan Williams, and eat venison chili with jalapeno sauce.

You'll be bulletproof once again, and jet-propelled.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-07-08, 07:34 PM
they make a pneumonia vaccination ?

acutally ive been doing little shots of nucualr hot wing sauce to clear my sinuses ....sounds scary but damn it works ..

c5 rv
01-07-08, 08:06 PM
they make a pneumonia vaccination ?

acutally ive been doing little shots of nucualr hot wing sauce to clear my sinuses ....sounds scary but damn it works ..

Yep, it's a 5 year vaccine that is usually given to sr. citizens or persons that may have compromised immune systems. My wife received it a few years ago.

When I'm feeling lousy, what usually works is more sleep, more water, and more fruits and vegetables. I keep the meds to a minimum, usually just half-doses of tylenol and sudaphed (the real stuff). I avoid alcohol and heavy meals.

Oh, and stay away from little kids and people with little kids. They are germ factories / freeways in the winter.

malcolm
01-07-08, 10:28 PM
low level germ warfare tests.

77CDV
01-07-08, 11:33 PM
Stoney,

Well, what do you expect at 100? Perfect health?

Seriously, sounds like you need to take a little better care of yourself. Get more rest, increase your intake of water, and (this will be hard for you) reduce your stress level. I know you've been having a rough time of it over the last year, and that can't have been easy for you, and from what I've observed of you here, you do not take life easily. Not slamming you, I'm just saying what's been my impression. Never having met you in person, I won't say whether it's for real.

A proper diet (not the Chad/Jesda variety) combined with a regular exercise regimen (as your post-accident condition permits) will also go a long way toward reinforcing your immune system. Regular hand washing combined with hand sanitizer is essential year round. You may choose to supplement with a general once-daily multivitamin, though I would not overplay the possible benefit.

Echinacea with goldenseal is thought to have some immune-boosting properties. Check with your physician or pharmacist to avoid interactions with any medications you may be taking.

Hope you feel better soon.

Craig

dkozloski
01-08-08, 12:12 AM
Mary Baker Eddy says that man is made in the image of God. God isn't sick so you aren't sick. You've just been thinking evil thoughts.

JC316
01-08-08, 12:26 AM
5000MG of Ester C per day, you will be bullet proof once more. When I get sick, I take 10,000MG of vitamin C per day, the cold usually lasts 24 hours.

96Fleetwood
01-08-08, 09:00 AM
Have you gone to the doctor and had your blood drawn? Complete Blood Count is a must to see if there is an underlying infection or other process causing your immune system to be low.

Stay hydrated, that is the most important. Eat well, get a good multivitamin to take daily, and get adequate sleep (~7-8 hours).

Do you have a fever? Any productive sputum, if so.. what color? Any GI symptoms (nausea/diarrhea)?

And most of all, if your Doctor says it is a virus, do NOT beg for antibiotics!! That is what is causing all this rampant resistant bacteria.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-08-08, 08:12 PM
I dont like to use antibotics becuse im afird ill devlop that superbug thing ive heard about ....

last time i had blood drawn a few months ago it was ok outside a high count of something in my liver , which has been a "normal" thing for me for 7 years now and no one can figure it out ...

as far as productivity , no im not able ot get anything up but im feeling beatter today , but last night was some damn violent coughing ...had nausea first night , but i took my papaya pills i got at GNC and fixed that ...

which is why i wonder what vitamins yall take becuse ive had such great luck with the papaya ...i see ester is a big one ....

Kev
01-09-08, 10:27 PM
Hi Mike, I take a complete multivitamin, calcium 500 mg + D, 1000 mg of C (1667% dv) and 1000 mg fish oil with omega 3.

When I get sick or start to feel a cold or sore throat come on (like right now) I take extra vitamin C, gargle deep with Listerine until there are no more 'smurfs' in my spit, and take Nyquil when the symptoms make it hard for me to sleep.

The previous advice concerning stress is good, do what you can to reduce stress. More rest, more water instead of soft or other drinks. If you aren't lactose intolerant you might have a yogurt with active cultures to help your digestive track and your immune system.

OK, I have to go now. I've got to take another vitamin C, gargle, and drop some Nyquil...... :ill:

JC316
01-09-08, 11:21 PM
I take 4000MG of vitamin C daily and 10,000MG per day when sick. If you do take higher doses of vitamin C, make SURE that it's buffered with calcium, otherwise you can get kidney stones, Ester C is always buffered.

I take this daily:

Genesis 100% Pure Goji Juice (Whole foods market)
Utrition Liquid Multi Vitamin (Vitamin Shoppe)
500MG Fish oil
Garlic
Liquid B Complex
4000MG Buffered Vitamin C crystals