: Car shopping this week! UPDATE W/PICS pg 1

Rolex
01-07-08, 12:14 AM
Well I bought the top tier Honda Ridgeline last summer and then added on 4 grand in extras to make it kewler. Now I've decided I want something more powerful, so I'll be doing some test driving this week. I suspect I'll get screwed on the trade in but that's the cost of happiness I suppose. Anyway I've listed it on Autotrader.com and Ebay with hopes of selling this thing person-to-person and cutting some of my losses.

I'm leaning toward the Nissan Titan this time. I'm more of a truck guy, but I'm limited to a 20 foot garage space. That kicks out full size GM extended cab trucks, Tundra, Ford, Dodge, and pretty much everything else. Full sixe SUVs fit, the EXT/Avalanche willl fit, and the Titan.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=236923640&dealer_id=61812839&car_year=2007&model=RIDGELINE&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=HONDA&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=72758&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=119378&viewitem=&item=130188099677&_trksid=p3907.m29

Here's the Titan I'm looking at:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/ATT00033.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/ATT00035.jpg

Sticker is $48000. This puppy is loaded and has several add-ons that the dealer added to put it in a local show a couple of weeks ago. Equipment: Heated leather captains chairs w/power and memory, remote keyless, sunroof, RF sound system, DVD, Navigation, sprayed on bedliner, and all the of road package goodies.

With the $5000 cash back going now and my BIL getting me a "friends and family" discount I can get it for $38k.

LS1Mike
01-07-08, 12:20 AM
Titan is a nice truck. The only thing I can say is my very good friend Randy is the service writer for a large Nissan dealership in the NW(infact he is the only guy that works at dealership that I know which sucks, no GM discount) He also has two Nissan a Maxium and Altima, he believes in their product. Anyway he said he wouldn't have one because he sees them in alot for a lot of stupid little shit, little stupid shit dosen't bother me Molding, a sensor here or there. That is what Warranty is for. He said the biggest problem is the Rear Diff breaking. If you aren't towing or hauling HEAVY shit you should be fine. Do you have to park inside?

Rolex
01-07-08, 12:22 AM
My wife has backed into 4 vehicles in our driveway the past 4 years. Do I have to park inside? No. :rolleyes:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-07-08, 02:04 AM
Titans are good....don't remember many big issues with them from when I worked at a Nissan dealership. As I'm sure you've already read, they make very good power, 2nd only to the 5.7L Tundra.

Spyder
01-07-08, 05:06 AM
I'm on the market for something new too...been looking at Durangos, 4Runners, Tundras, Titans and big Fords. Probably going to end up with the 4Runner because I LOVE my old one and I like decent mileage and incredible reliability...

Keep us posted!

Jesda
01-07-08, 07:59 AM
The new 4Runner looks gay.

misfit6794
01-07-08, 08:38 AM
DO some research on msn.com (read the user reviews) of the titan. My friend was looking at qx56 and he was really unhapppy with the quality just on the test drive. Then he read some reviews and did some research only to find out it is a really poor quality product.

Rolex
01-07-08, 09:32 AM
I've read reviews all over the web. I have 2 friends that drive them and have been happy with them for over a year. The only cons I see listed across the board is 14-15 mpg. That's on par with what I was getting in my Escalade, which I regret selling now.

How does the Ridgeline do on gas? 16 mpg city, 19 highway. No power to spare in the city or on the highway. So I figure if I'm going to get sucky mpg I might as well have some power to play with. :o

Jesda
01-07-08, 10:31 AM
The QX56 is a joke. Poor build quality, crap interior, iffy styling. The only thing it does right is 0-60, otherwise there's much better out there for not much more money. Anyone who buys one is a fool.

This post is targeted at I.D.N.

c5 rv
01-07-08, 01:54 PM
...I'm leaning toward the Nissan Titan this time. I'm more of a truck guy, but I'm limited to a 20 foot garage space. That kicks out full size GM extended cab trucks, Tundra, Ford, Dodge, and pretty much everything else. Full sixe SUVs fit, the EXT/Avalanche willl fit, and the Titan.

The GM extended cab trucks with a 6.5' (the new standard) bed is about 230" long. I used to park my 04 extended cab Sierra Denali in my garage that is 245" deep with no problem. (I did use a wall-mounted park-zone, though.) It wasn't easy to walk around the truck with the garage door closed nor could I open the tailgate, but the truck was out of the weather in the winter. Extended cab with an 8' bed and crewcab with 6.5' or 8' beds are all too long, though.

Also, it's good to see someone else who appreciates extended cab trucks.

hueterm
01-07-08, 04:10 PM
I'm partial, but go 2007+ Avalanche or 2005+ CPO EXT (or a new one for that matter...) :-)

6x6's work well in the (tiny, like I have) garage to keep from hitting the wall.

Rolex
01-07-08, 08:32 PM
The GM extended cab trucks with a 6.5' (the new standard) bed is about 230" long. I used to park my 04 extended cab Sierra Denali in my garage that is 245" deep with no problem. (I did use a wall-mounted park-zone, though.) It wasn't easy to walk around the truck with the garage door closed nor could I open the tailgate, but the truck was out of the weather in the winter. Extended cab with an 8' bed and crewcab with 6.5' or 8' beds are all too long, though.

Also, it's good to see someone else who appreciates extended cab trucks.

You're right. I mresured again and actually found a 19 foot garage. :rolleyes: The Titan fit in it today without 1 inch to spare front and back. GM's full size offerings just don't fit. This is a result of a first time home builder, and a builder that should've known better. Rolex >> :thepan: << Home builder

Stoneage_Caddy
01-07-08, 09:05 PM
i hear there is a hummer H3 pickup coming out , that will have the 5300 v8 .....saw spy shots of it the other day

ridgeline sized , jeep capable , tonka toy looks ...

hueterm
01-07-08, 09:08 PM
Yep, it sounds like we have about the same length garage. The Titan is about 4" longer than the EXT, and I have about 5" to spare. To make matters worse, I have to back mine in :eek:

c5 rv
01-07-08, 09:14 PM
I had an 02 Avalanche and it was a very comfortable and fairly capable truck. The midgate works well to create an 8' covered bed. However, rear vision is awful (hopefully they have a rear vision camera by now), the bed is high, the space in the bed is limited, stuff that rolls the the fron of the bed is a PITA to get to, and the saddlebag storage bins are hard to access due to being so high. One advantage of the saddlebag storage bins is that the stuff you normally keep in a bed box can be stored in them.

Frankly, unless you're facing a towing or cargo limitation, you seem to accept the unique looks of the Ridgeline and I'd stick with it. If you want something with more performance, buy a used CTS-V.

Rolex
01-07-08, 11:10 PM
Yep, it sounds like we have about the same length garage. The Titan is about 4" longer than the EXT, and I have about 5" to spare. To make matters worse, I have to back mine in :eek:

:lol: I back mine in too! The titan has a rear sonar (sp?) to keep you from parking in the formal dining room. :cool2:

Rolex
01-07-08, 11:11 PM
Frankly, unless you're facing a towing or cargo limitation, you seem to accept the unique looks of the Ridgeline and I'd stick with it.

Stick with the Ridgeline? :hmm:

hueterm
01-07-08, 11:46 PM
The EXT's "red" warning kicks in at 1 foot, which won't work for me w/only 5" of clearance -- hence the 6x6s braced up against my wall that the rear tires butt up against...

JimmyH
01-08-08, 02:23 AM
Ridgeline, the pickup that isnt?

I will never understand the fascination with SUVs and trucks. I would rather drive a Tercel than the wife's Pilot. I managed to hang on to my Grand Cherokee for 8 months before I nearly treated it to a couple gallons of gas (externally) and a match.

If I HAD to have an SUV, Mazda CX-9. If it drives half as well as the MPV, I would be happy. And I am sure it drives twice as good.

hueterm
01-08-08, 09:53 AM
Ridgeline, the pickup that isnt?

I will never understand the fascination with SUVs and trucks. I would rather drive a Tercel than the wife's Pilot. I managed to hang on to my Grand Cherokee for 8 months before I nearly treated it to a couple gallons of gas (externally) and a match.

If I HAD to have an SUV, Mazda CX-9. If it drives half as well as the MPV, I would be happy. And I am sure it drives twice as good.

I wouldn't call it a "fascination", but my reasons are (not in any particular order):

1.) You can't haul anything in a Tercel (or an Aveo, as that's the only small car I've driven in years).

2.) A Tercel is cramped inside.

3.) A Tercel has no power.

4.) If you get hit by a Smart fortwo in a Tercel, you're done -- not to mention an Excursion.

5.) I like to irritate the treehuggers and their ilk.

6.) A Tercel has no 4WD and not much ground clearance.

JimmyH
01-08-08, 01:56 PM
4.) If you get hit by a Smart fortwo in a Tercel, you're done -- not to mention an Excursion.

^^myth

My sister rolled a Geo metro hard enough to get grass and dirt wedged between the windshield and roof. She walked away with just a little glass in her eye.

Roll one of your pickups or SUVs and see how well you do.

Rolex
01-08-08, 01:56 PM
There is apparently only one....JUST ONE Titan in the entire Southern United States equipped juuuust the way I want it, and it was sold when they inquired about it yesterday. I can order one and miss out on the $5000 rebate going on right now, that (of course) ends Feb 4th. But it would take at least 4-6 weeks to get an ordered vehicle and they cannot do a bill of sale on a vehicle that doesn't even have a VIN # yet.

This is the same kind of stuff I ran into when I was looking into the Avalanche. I think I may get drunk today. :mad::alchi:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

hueterm
01-08-08, 04:03 PM
^^myth

My sister rolled a Geo metro hard enough to get grass and dirt wedged between the windshield and roof. She walked away with just a little glass in her eye.

Hmmm...not seeing any mention of rollovers in my post. Sure, that's a downside of SUVs, but I'm talking about collisions w/other vehicles. The last place I'd want to be in a collision w/a large P/U or SUV is in a vehicle that could fit inside the aforementioned P/U or SUV...

hueterm
01-08-08, 04:04 PM
Looks cool -- and that's a TON off of sticker! Can you switch colors?

Spyder
01-08-08, 06:01 PM
^^myth

Done it. Survived. Bought the T-shirt.
2006 Ford Explorer and a BUNCH of 'yota's. Explorer made me crap myself. Toyota's were all for fun. :cool2:

urbanski
01-08-08, 06:37 PM
you paying cash for that baby? no debt! buy a 2 year old one off lease for 20K

c5 rv
01-08-08, 09:09 PM
At the $40K price point, it's too bad you can't shoehorn a Sierra Denali in somehow. Failing that, how about a CPO Escalade EXT with the 6 yr / 100K CPO warranty?

Rolex
01-08-08, 11:25 PM
Looks cool -- and that's a TON off of sticker! Can you switch colors?

:wtf: That truck is Arkansas Razorback red!! Why the hell wold anyone want to switch that? Rolex >> :thepan: << hueterm ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/razorbacks.gif Go hogs!!

Rolex
01-08-08, 11:28 PM
At the $40K price point, it's too bad you can't shoehorn a Sierra Denali in somehow. Failing that, how about a CPO Escalade EXT with the 6 yr / 100K CPO warranty?

The Sierra Denali is a NO GO into a 19 foot garage. Sadly one of the things I overlooked when I built my first home. :bighead: I could park in the drive but it would only be a matter of time before my wife ran into it. And I'm not kidding. She's hit 4 vehicles in 4 years....all in our driveway! :eek: It may well be the most dangerous stretch of pavement in Northwest Arkansas.

Rolex
01-08-08, 11:31 PM
you paying cash for that baby? no debt! buy a 2 year old one off lease for 20K

To be honest I'm not. It would put a serious dent in my money market account, and I like to keep a nice net egg. I'm still young in my practice. I admire you guys that can write those big checks, and look forward to those days. Give me a few more years. :yup:

hueterm
01-09-08, 12:00 AM
ME, WTF? :-) Isn't your Ridgeline silver?

I was thinking Sierra Denali too, but I guess the bed is just a little big bigger than the Avalanche/EXT.

Get the fire engine red '07 (08) Avalanche. Looks good w/the Z71/LTZ grille and the Black/Brown interior!

Rolex
01-09-08, 12:30 AM
ME, WTF? :-) Isn't your Ridgeline silver?

I was thinking Sierra Denali too, but I guess the bed is just a little big bigger than the Avalanche/EXT.

Get the fire engine red '07 (08) Avalanche. Looks good w/the Z71/LTZ grille and the Black/Brown interior!

Yes it' silver. Honda's red blows. :ill:

Brizzal
01-09-08, 12:43 AM
the titan isnt that bad of a truck, x2 for the avalanche. im looking for a used cts-v soon :)

andrew99eldorado
01-09-08, 02:01 AM
too bad the ford and gm doesnt fit, that Denali pickup is nice. The Titan seems just as big.

This is sharp also

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/slowmaro305/HarleyDavidsonInterior.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/slowmaro305/HarleyTruck1.jpg