: Event Promotion

TURBO MINI VANS
01-06-08, 08:54 PM
I would like to ask a couple of questions of the board. One, is there a National Event put on for the Cadillacs? Are there any Events in Ohio ? If so could someone send me the link, thanks.

Chuck

Florian
01-07-08, 10:47 AM
I would like to ask a couple of questions of the board. One, is there a National Event put on for the Cadillacs? Are there any Events in Ohio ? If so could someone send me the link, thanks.

Chuck

Chuck,

Im not aware of any...BUT, I did host a Caddy Forums GTG in Berea 2 years ago. There is a forum for meets towards the bottom of this board and you can post meets. My meet included visits to Mallett Cars and Corsa. Both places were most gracious and allowed us to tour their facility on a Saturday. We had 12 CTS-Vs, it was a blast. Just post up you intentions and make it know on the board and youre sure to get a few people.

F

DDS rollin a CTS
01-07-08, 01:34 PM
There was a yearly meet in Columbus OH in October for a couple of years. Unfortunately the guy that arranged them (RobertCTS) has since traded his caddy for an H3 and doesnt come around very often anymore.

TURBO MINI VANS
01-11-08, 02:45 PM
Chuck,

Im not aware of any...BUT, I did host a Caddy Forums GTG in Berea 2 years ago. There is a forum for meets towards the bottom of this board and you can post meets. My meet included visits to Mallett Cars and Corsa. Both places were most gracious and allowed us to tour their facility on a Saturday. We had 12 CTS-Vs, it was a blast. Just post up you intentions and make it know on the board and youre sure to get a few people.

F

Florian,

I would like to talk to you via either PM or by phone. I do not have the access to pm's in here. Is there a way I can contact you NOT in open chat ??

Thanks
Chuck

PS----NUTZ has my real e-mail address and I am sure you can access it as well. Contact me asap.

TURBO MINI VANS
01-11-08, 09:24 PM
I would like to ask are there any Cadillac Owners that Drag Race their cars ?

If so what are you racing and how quick and fast have you gone ?

Regards
Chuck

TURBO MINI VANS
01-11-08, 11:47 PM
If anyone sees Florian in here, tell him to e-mail me, please....

Thanks
Chuck

TURBO MINI VANS
01-13-08, 06:21 PM
Are there many Cadillac Owners that Drag Race their Vehicles ?
If so what kind of vehicle are you racing and what times do they run ?

Chuck

TURBO MINI VANS
01-20-08, 04:25 AM
I live in NE Ohio. I am a good friend of NUTZ (the member that is building a custom V rear end). I have been an avid Car Guy since I was a kid. I bought my first car when I was 13, I am now 53. I once went Drag Racing in one of my friend's Cadillac STS and it had a Northstar motor. If I remember right it ran some low 15.10 in the 1/4. It was one smooth ride.

I work two jobs, 1 which is more than full time as a Service Adviser at a Chevrolet Dealership, the other is part time and that is Promoting Car Shows and Drag Racing Events. One of my Events this year will be held in Columbus, Ohio on Father's Day Weekend the other will be held in Salem, Ohio the end of August.

I use to do Promotions from 1985 to 1991 then once more in 1995. I owned and started the Super Car Showdown which was a Heads Up Drag Race for cars from 1957 to 1974. I sold it off back in 1988 and started the National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) which was owned by Comp Cams back then. The NMCA was another Heads Up Drag Racing Event but it was looking for the World's Quickest Street Legal Vehicles.

I got out of race promotions back in 1991. At that time we were living in Memphis, Tn. and my wife and I were in Darlington, SC doing an Event and the girl that we hired left our sons (ages 2 & 4) at day care. Day car closed at 6:00pm and we got a call from them at 9:15pm that she never came to pick up the boys. I loaned her one of my cars while we were gone and she ended up wrecking it on the other side of the city. She even took the emergency cash I left just in case something came up. Day Care kept the boys that weekend but once we got home my wife said NEVER again and quit the NMCA. She moved back to Ohio, got her job back at the Post Office, came back to TN one month later and took the kids back to Ohio. I stayed one more month and quit to be with my family.

I did one more Event in 1995 but it got rained out and I lost my enthusiasm. Well my youngest son (he is almost 20 now), has been hounding me to do Promotions once more because he says he does not remember me doing this. The only way he even knows that I did such a thing is by the Car Magazine Articles that they received back then. Between the two Events from 1985 to 1991 they got on the Front Cover of 17 National Car Magazines and were featured inside 32 of them. All I can add is that I hope we are smiled on this year for the new Events.

Regards
Chuck

xshrpshtr
01-20-08, 04:47 AM
You sound terribly useful...Been wanting to get a big one somewhere central to get as many members as possible to go so we can all meet.

BigJon
01-20-08, 04:54 AM
ya that be sweet to get everyone together and show off our cars and stuff...

TURBO MINI VANS
01-20-08, 09:56 AM
All I need is the blessing from the Moderators. I already have a track rented and waiting in NE Ohio.

Thanks for the compliments.
Chuck

xshrpshtr
01-20-08, 04:26 PM
Ohio? UGH! There is already a meet in Ohio. I'm guessing kansas city or something around there is the most central. Nothing against Ohio. Its waaaay on the eastern side.