: Procedure for removing and replacing heater core

razer
05-10-04, 04:46 PM
Where can I get these procedures online? Or do I have to order the Chilton's manuel, which, unfortunately, they don't publish online. At least that is what I have read so for. Not sure why, but that's what I've been told.

Anyway, if there is some manual that I can simply download and print off the pages I need (remove and replace heater core from the 97 Cadillac Deville Concours), please point me to the source. I'd be most appreciative. I'm doing this for a friend who is computer illiterate and it would save us some time and expense if these procedures could simply be downloaded and printed off.

Thanks.

05-13-04, 11:36 AM
I borrowed the manual from my local libary once for fixing my blower motor. The manual even didn't tell me where the motor is.
I don't remember it has info regarding heater core. It's very generic.
Maybe a factory manual will have it.

growe3
05-15-04, 12:12 AM
The only manuals likely to have the information are the Helms service manuals.

If you are not willing to pay the usual cost of $90+, try going to the public library. They should have all of the factory service manuals. I don't think you are allowed to check them out, but you can copy the pages you need to do the job.

-George

brucebad
05-17-04, 07:01 PM
I bought the manual from the dealer for my '97 ETC $140.00
Including shipping. These two books cover everything, worth
the price.

08-16-04, 12:09 PM
It's me again. I bought a factory manual for my 98 deville. It covers everything but it's too professinal for me. You may not want to test the problem following the manual because you don't have the fancy tools.

Anyway, with the the manual's help, I located the blower motor and replaced it within 2 hours.