: Official '08 Chicago meet thread.

Pages : [1] 2

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-05-08, 11:30 AM
Nicki, Elias and I thought we should make a thread that details the meet location, the attendance list and the schedeule for the Feb 9-10 meet in Chicago, so here goes!

I will be attending. For sure the 10th, hopefully I can get off of working on the 9th, so I can come down either on the 9th, or Thursday night, but probably Friday early afternoon, because I'd like to leave here around 9 or so, and get down there between 3-4.

Aside from the meet, the only things I wanna do as far as sightseeing go would be to go to the Ferrari/Lamborghini dealer, or perhaps a Rolls Royce/Bentley dealer, or go to the top of the Sears Tower.

96Fleetwood
01-05-08, 02:23 PM
I think you might have your dates confused. The 8th is Friday, 9th and 10th are the weekend.

Friday is my Bday, not sure if I am doing anything for it.

9th and 10th I now have off, so I am up for anything. There are two Bentley dealerships here. One in Downers Grove and one downtown.

FYI, the view from the John Hancock tower is much better than the Sears Tower. Sears Tower is taller, but it is not lakefront. If you have the time, I suggest going to the Museum of Science & Industry.

Either way Nicole & are are up for the car show and other activities!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-05-08, 02:26 PM
Nicki and you live in Downers Grove right? It'd probably be easiest for me to go to that Bentley dealer.

96Fleetwood
01-05-08, 02:47 PM
Yep, Downers Grove... 26 miles west of downtown.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-05-08, 03:08 PM
My workweek is Mon-Thurs and Saturday. That's why I said if I can get Saturday (9th) off work, I can come down on the 8th and hang around until Sunday Night. I'd probably go to the dealers and do the sight seeing on Friday, before we all get together.

CadillacGurl
01-05-08, 03:21 PM
It's $12 per person to go to the top of the Sears Tower... not really all that great since I've been up there more times than I can count.

The Bentley dealership is on the same road as the Ferrari and Lambo dealership, just farther down across the street by the Chipotle and Wendy's. There's practically every car dealer known to man on Ogden Avenue, except caddy... its on Roosevelt (Heritage Cadillac).

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-05-08, 03:28 PM
It's $12 per person to go to the top of the Sears Tower... not really all that great since I've been up there more times than I can count.

Oh darn, I've still gotta go though...either to there or the John Hancock building. Just so I can send my friends a postcard of the building, with the quote "where were you while we were getting high"?

The Bentley dealership is on the same road as the Ferrari and Lambo dealership, just farther down across the street by the Chipotle and Wendy's. There's practically every car dealer known to man on Ogden Avenue, except caddy... its on Roosevelt (Heritage Cadillac).

O....M....G! Exotics, all parked on one street, WITH a Wendys?!

That means I can look at Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys and Rollers while I eat a fresh Baconator! :drool: :chad:

CadillacGurl
01-05-08, 03:42 PM
You can get any postcard of the sears tower ANYWHERE in Chicago....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-05-08, 04:42 PM
I see....well if I can do that and not have to pay the $12 then that's what I'll do.

Jesda
01-05-08, 05:13 PM
Sears Tower is cool once.

N0DIH
01-05-08, 06:34 PM
Been there, haven't done that.... yet.... one of these days, I just typically avoid the city, too much traffic and I don't know my way around, not a good combo.... Now St. Louis, I can get around fairly well.....

GizmoQ
01-05-08, 07:06 PM
Yeah kinda like taking folks up in the Arch, ... after the 10th or 12th time you'd rather wait for them in the museum.

CadillacGurl
01-05-08, 07:16 PM
:yeah:

Crown Vic Owner
01-05-08, 08:09 PM
i should be there

if i can, ill bring my SLS STS whatever freak of nature hybrid out

Hell, 03, i am willing to bet that my vic is a overall better car than yours.

I have a idea, lets smash our cars into each other, lets see whos car can drive home :)

Yeah, i thought so.

Oh yeah, the ram bars on my car May or may not be taken off

CadillacGurl
01-05-08, 08:38 PM
Oh jesus... a ball busting match... :cookoo:

Crown Vic Owner
01-05-08, 08:48 PM
I am honestly just messing with him nicky, i honestly love his eldo and STS, and i would do anything in the world for those cars short of selling my crucial body components.

CadillacGurl
01-05-08, 09:01 PM
n-i-c-k-i haha just call me Nik... much easier
I know but I love to say "ball busting" :D

Crown Vic Owner
01-05-08, 09:07 PM
Lol, so, is 03 a masochist or what, with you liking that word. Im only afraid of the kink level between you 2.

CadillacGurl
01-05-08, 09:12 PM
LOL! It's a very high kinky level ;)
No he's no a masochist, just in love with his caddys. Cads come first then me :) Which I don't mind. I love the cars too, I drive the 98 STS on occasion :thumbsup:

Crown Vic Owner
01-05-08, 09:35 PM
lol, im messin with him again, jeeze. Defensive on his side. 03, your GF is the goddamn shit.

Anyway, i will be doing burnouts while you FWD guys cant even peel out :p

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-05-08, 10:02 PM

:yeah:

CVO...let's race. Crown Victoria v. S320. It'll be interesting too....two big heavy RWD sedans. I've got you beat by horsepower, you've got me beat by torque.:lildevil:

96Fleetwood
01-05-08, 10:14 PM
Oh boy... don't make me pull the frame off your CV with my wagon. If you want to be the laughing stock of the day, let's race one of my wagons against your CV :D

BACK ON TOPIC! So Saturday or Sunday for the car show? The other things we can figure out around that.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-05-08, 10:17 PM
BACK ON TOPIC! So Saturday or Sunday for the car show? The other things we can figure out around that.

I'm up for Sunday....it'll probably be less busy :bigroll: on Sunday.

N0DIH
01-05-08, 10:41 PM
I'll just tow both of them away.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-05-08, 10:56 PM
Tom, you've got one of the only original V4P's on the site right?

N0DIH
01-06-08, 12:18 AM
Yup (well, missing the 3.42's at the moment, but soon to get back in....), sure do! There is a very few of them around. I think ShadowLvr400 has one too, and the new guy with the 93 car (forgot his name.... too late at night...)

GizmoQ
01-06-08, 03:29 AM

After the AJ tune and shift kit, I burn out with the best of them. ;)

Crown Vic Owner
01-06-08, 06:25 AM
After the AJ tune and shift kit, I burn out with the best of them. ;)

I only do 1 wheel peels

Honestly, i am getting a new vicky, and i plan on putting 4.10s in :)

Were playing a game on how much abuse my 95 can take

N0DIH
01-06-08, 08:40 AM
I have posi in mine now (one of 2 reasons I have my 3.42's out of the car) and 3.08's, but I still can roast them for 400+ feet or so..... Can't say I will do it on my new snow tires right now though.....Once she gets lit up, she goes...... All the way into 3rd gear. You can sure tell when the tires get hot and start getting sticky.... I did it with the kids one day and they really got a kick out of it, left some marks that stayed for months.....

CadillacSTS42005
01-06-08, 12:48 PM
lol, im messin with him again, jeeze. Defensive on his side. 03, your GF is the goddamn shit.

wanna bet?
b-NVnJdwvA4
and with my crappy Michelin tires which i made sure to get every mile could out of them IE very bald to put my snow tires on, i used to rip the shyt outta it and got her to sit there and smokem
it just sucks though when i run through 1st then the car hits 2nd it cuts power to the engine

you do alot of trash talking for a kid who cant even pull under 14 sec 1/4s BURN! ahahahaha

Crown Vic Owner
01-06-08, 12:51 PM
AJ, im ****ing messing with you.

I love your car man, and you know im jealous, thus being a ass. Man, my cars are a POS compared to most of the guys on here. Hell, even the catera is worse than my car :p

CadillacSTS42005
01-06-08, 01:02 PM
no no
Cateras are far more problematic however hard that is to believe and whos AJ lol

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-06-08, 01:21 PM
My deVille could do a hell of a good burnout, especially when I had the wheel cocked in either direction.

gary88
01-06-08, 02:11 PM
My car can peel out like a mother, Jason knows what I'm talking about.

CadillacSTS42005
01-06-08, 04:10 PM
oh yes i do
and it was fun
just dont try and conner in that thing Gary
THATS scary lol

Crown Vic Owner
01-06-08, 04:32 PM
im kidding, i meant jason, damnit

CadillacGurl
01-06-08, 04:43 PM
^I can tell you're bad with names :p

gary88
01-06-08, 04:43 PM
Understeer's a bitch ain't it

Crown Vic Owner
01-06-08, 04:45 PM
damnit, i am bad with names.

I like oversteer myself.

CadillacGurl
01-06-08, 04:51 PM
Oversteer.... hehe

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-06-08, 05:02 PM
My car can peel out like a mother, Jason knows what I'm talking about.

I know it sounds counter intuitive, but a good FWD V8 car can do a hell of a burnout

CadillacGurl
01-06-08, 05:21 PM
Alrighty boys, Saturday or Sunday for the auto show? We gotta get back on topic :) :p

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-06-08, 05:22 PM
I vote Sunday. Late morning or early afternoon. Maybe we could get a nice lunch/brunch and go from there?

CadillacGurl
01-06-08, 05:32 PM
I'll ask 96Fleet if he wants to do brunch at Omega :drool: the Mickey Mouse pancakes are the shit :D

96Fleetwood
01-06-08, 05:34 PM
Omega sounds good. I would like to get to the auto show by 11am on Sunday so I have enough time to check everything out.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-06-08, 05:35 PM
I'm up for anywhere you can get all you can eat brunch....especially if bacon and/or sausage is involved. :drool:

At the Des Moines meet, Nick got us reservations at Granite City, for the all you can eat brunch buffet.
Yes, there was lots of bacon and sausage. I was very happy. :drool: :)

Let's get some other ideas going though..

CadillacGurl
01-06-08, 05:37 PM
Sounds good to me. I'm gonna buy tickets online for Jason and me.

Gary are you going to DePaul's homecoming?

N0DIH
01-06-08, 08:13 PM
I can't do Sunday till after 11am or so, then the drive there. But probably do Sat, or just show up a little later if that is cool...

CadillacGurl
01-06-08, 10:57 PM
Probably people will be showing up between 11-12... we can just all meet up somewhere in the show at a certain time??

JimmyH
01-07-08, 12:39 PM
Ok, I am confused, where and when?

I WILL NOT go to the top of Sears or 'Cock. I am deathly afraid of heights.
I am not keen on going downtown, but I will.

And no wife and kids. I need a break from them. ;)

CadillacGurl
01-07-08, 12:57 PM
McCormick Place 11AM-12PM we should all plan to meet at some display at the Auto Show (I believe we're aiming for sunday??) I have to talk with Jay and figure out what time he's flying home sunday.

Crown Vic Owner
01-07-08, 01:43 PM
yeah, lets get dinner or something afterwards and find a place to park.

CadillacGurl
01-07-08, 01:58 PM
Giordano's!!!!! Where's Jimmy?!?!

CadillacGurl
01-07-08, 01:59 PM
There's a giordano's out in Oakbrook by the Oakbrook Mall *aka OC or Oakbrook Center* (5 minutes from Downers Grove, also right off from the I-55?? Exit... or is it I-80)

Crown Vic Owner
01-07-08, 02:12 PM
but were going downtown i thought?

IDK.

96Fleetwood
01-07-08, 02:20 PM
Bar Louie or Blackies? They are off Clark and Polk.. not even a mile from Mccormick Place.

We can all meet at the Cadillac display on Sunday ;)

CadillacGurl
01-07-08, 02:25 PM
Can I get into those places 96Fleet? I'm underage by friggen 11 months

96Fleetwood
01-07-08, 02:52 PM
.. damn I feel old, I turn 28 on the 8th of Feb.

Before 9pm anyone can get into Bar Louie. Blackies has no age restrictions. There is on street parking and a pay lot right around that area.

You been to Blur in Naperville? That might be fun for Friday night, but that is 21 and up.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-07-08, 03:13 PM
I'd like it if we could all split up and do our own thing, or do things in groups, but meet up in the large group for the car show, and the big dinner or what have you.

I'd be a tourist, so I'm gonna want to do a lot of things you Chicago area residents wouldn't wanna do, but I'd like to go with someone, so I don't get lost in that big city.

Also, I'm on a limited budget, so I'm not gonna be able to go out and sightsee a ton, just see the main stuff.

JimmyH
01-07-08, 05:25 PM
I am always up for Giordanos.

Crown Vic Owner
01-07-08, 05:49 PM
Ok, i want to park as CHEAP as possible. I also would like to go to eat with a few people, dont know where or how were going to do this.

Lets all take a vote on who wants to eat where?

Ill start another thread

CadillacGurl
01-08-08, 10:57 AM
It's free by depaul. If you want you can meet up with Jason and I. We're gonna take the red line, unless someone offers to drive us.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-08-08, 12:57 PM
Is dePaul in downtown Chicago, or is that out in Downer's Grove?

CadillacGurl
01-08-08, 01:02 PM
Downtown Chicago

96Fleetwood
01-08-08, 03:08 PM
I thought dePaul was in Lincoln Park, around 7 miles west of Mccormick Place?

I might park at my old Condo building and then take a taxi... not sure yet.

gary88
01-08-08, 04:24 PM
There's two main campuses, the Lincoln Park campus mostly along Sheffield and Fullerton, and the Loop Campus on Jackson.

CadillacGurl
01-08-08, 04:32 PM
:yeah: I live in Lincoln Park

Crown Vic Owner
01-08-08, 05:49 PM
:yeah: I live in Lincoln Park

Crown vic has 4 seats,

ill gladly give the king and audio and his queen a ride :p

Ill just have to take the carseat out.

Crown Vic Owner
01-08-08, 05:51 PM
Shit, wait.

How old is jason?

I am only allowed to drive with one under 18 or 21, cant remember. Damnit, now im going to have to look it up

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-08-08, 05:57 PM
Well if we're using the non Cadillacs as the taxis, then I suppose I might be persuaded to drive too.

CadillacGurl
01-08-08, 05:58 PM
He's 21, I'm 20

CadillacSTS42005
01-08-08, 05:58 PM
Crown vic has 4 seats,

ill gladly give the king and audio and his queen a ride :p

Ill just have to take the carseat out.

dude i ride Caddy
i dont downgrade to FORD
hell a Lincoln at least is acceptable...

Crown Vic Owner
01-08-08, 06:14 PM
dude i ride Caddy
i dont downgrade to FORD
hell a Lincoln at least is acceptable...

Dude, its a free ride

Cmon.

What about the freak hybrid SLS thats got bad paint and a ticking noise i cant track down now.?

Crown Vic Owner
01-08-08, 06:15 PM
He's 21, I'm 20

If he says its ok, thats fine with me

i just cant have more than 1 -21 in.

Thats considering if you still want one.

I guess i can always put a taxi sign ontop of the vic and drive like one :p

Just kidding.

CadillacGurl
01-08-08, 06:30 PM
why can't you have another person under 21 in your car? (if you don't mind me asking)

Crown Vic Owner
01-08-08, 06:32 PM
why can't you have another person under 21 in your car? (if you don't mind me asking)

im 16, my DL only allows me one under 21

CadillacGurl
01-08-08, 06:37 PM
shit son! Haha I totally forgot about that rule... I now remember my friend when she had that (I came to visit her in the summer for two weeks)... sorry I'm in PA and thankfully we don't have that but then again we get our licenses at 17

CadillacSTS42005
01-08-08, 09:34 PM
yuh im 21
and also guys i just pmed ranger no one bothered to ask him!

Ranger
01-08-08, 09:58 PM
Just got CadillacSTS2003's PM. Thanks! I HATE going into the city. I'll have to see what you guys finally decide on. Might meet you guys for dinner afterwards depending on where you go (I'm farther away than JimmyH and almost as far as NODIH) and if I am free. If the snow conditions are good in Northern Wisc. I could be up there snowmobiling. If not, I might be free one or both days. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread.

AJxtcman
01-08-08, 10:22 PM
I only do 1 wheel peels

Honestly, i am getting a new vicky, and i plan on putting 4.10s in :)

Were playing a game on how much abuse my 95 can take

I dislike F.O.R.D.'s very much. :yup:

I was at the GM training center today. It is two or three buildings to the west of the Ferrari dealer. Hmm

AJxtcman
01-08-08, 10:24 PM
Dynoing cars this weekend. I will try to schedule this meet in, but Jodie is still down. She has been in bed for 3 weeks now?

CadillacSTS42005
01-08-08, 10:41 PM
ouch
wishes still with you bro
and ranger def try and meet with us

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-09-08, 12:04 AM
I was at the GM training center today. It is two or three buildings to the west of the Ferrari dealer. Hmm

What was your training for? We sent down two guys from my dealership today...can't remember what the classes were for.

and also guys i just pmed ranger no one bothered to ask him!

Good thinking there Jason, I'm surprised nobody else thought to PM him.

Oh! Good news! I got the 9th off of work, so I can come down Friday at some time. Now just to find a hotel, or stay with someone.....

CadillacGurl
01-09-08, 09:58 AM

Yeah I know where that is. My mom's friend works at the State Farm Insurance right by there.

gdwriter
01-10-08, 01:35 AM
Well, Chad and I were chatting online about the Chicago meet, so I looked up Southwest.com just out of curiosity: $219 round-trip from Portland to Midway.

So, I'm coming, too. My flight arrives at 12:45 p.m. Saturday and I leave at 7:25 p.m. Sunday evening. Non-stop on both flights, so I don't have to worry about connections.

I used to come to Chicago every other February for a big trade show that my client (at the time) was in. Last time was 2001. It was in another part of McCormick Place at the same time as the auto show. I never could get away to check out the car show, so that will be very fun to do.

Like Chad, I'll be on a tight budget, but I couldn't pass up the cheap fare, especially after I had such a great time in Des Moines last spring. Unfortunately, I can't stuff Hoover into a bag and bring him with. Or Cruella.

I know the Museum of Science and Industry is very cool, and I love the view from the top of the John Hancock. Otherwise, I'm all for hanging out and seeing everybody's cars (especially Elias' Fleetwood).

96Fleetwood
01-10-08, 08:06 AM
cadillacforums.com takes over the chicago auto show!

Nicole and I have a list of cars we need to check out since we are buying a new car this summer. We pretty much have decided against a Phaeton due to reliability and service issues.

See you all next month!
-Elias

nickc50310
01-10-08, 09:49 AM
Ahhhh man!! This shit sucks! Even Gary is goin! :crying:

Sorry guys, I cant make it. I see why this was scheduled for this date now. I was like wtf, who has a meet in Chicago in February??

I am going to Florida on February 9th. Wish I could go to Chicago and meet all of you and blow Jasons doors off........ BWAHAHAHA!!! ;)

On the good side I will be in sunny Ft Myers with a couple days in Miami meeting Sal and Hitmoney! WOOT!!

Guess all of you (besides Chad and Gary) will have to wait to meet the legend that is Nick Carter...... Yes that is my real name. HAHA!

Crown Vic Owner
01-10-08, 09:51 AM
If you guys are gonna be out that night, if it is good weather, i MAY have a place "Where the boys can play" if you get what im saying. Abandoned factory roads work.

CadillacGurl
01-10-08, 09:57 AM
Well, Chad and I were chatting online about the Chicago meet, so I looked up Southwest.com just out of curiosity: $219 round-trip from Portland to Midway.

So, I'm coming, too. My flight arrives at 12:45 p.m. Saturday and I leave at 7:25 p.m. Sunday evening. Non-stop on both flights, so I don't have to worry about connections.

I used to come to Chicago every other February for a big trade show that my client (at the time) was in. Last time was 2001. It was in another part of McCormick Place at the same time as the auto show. I never could get away to check out the car show, so that will be very fun to do.

Like Chad, I'll be on a tight budget, but I couldn't pass up the cheap fare, especially after I had such a great time in Des Moines last spring. Unfortunately, I can't stuff Hoover into a bag and bring him with. Or Cruella.

I know the Museum of Science and Industry is very cool, and I love the view from the top of the John Hancock. Otherwise, I'm all for hanging out and seeing everybody's cars (especially Elias' Fleetwood).

You know how to use the El? It's pretty easy. (Your best bet is to buy a 2 day pass on the El its $9.) It's pretty easy to navigate and if you need help don't be afraid to ask me. I fly in and out of midway every week :)

CadillacGurl
01-10-08, 10:26 AM
I called Cadillac yesterday to make sure the 09 V would be there and the guy said it should be there. To know for sure he told me to call him back about 1 week before the show. He actually said it might not be in Detriot!! I told him that they need to post up a list and dates for when it will be there (like they did for the 08 CTS). He told me he'll pass that info on.

CadillacGurl
01-10-08, 11:11 AM
Ok boys! It's gonna be easy to find me and Jay. Look for a guy with a Cadillac hat + leather jacket with a Cadillac crest with a girl on his arm with this shirt on (pict below) + I'll be wearing a burberry scarf toting around a big Louis Vuitton purse (kinda hard to miss):

http://images.cyrk.com/P/Cadillac/assets/product_images/lg/CAD2V306BK_lg.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-10-08, 12:00 PM
Man, this is gonna kick so much ass!!! I've got a place to stay now...I'll be staying with Elias and Nicole for the weekend (much thanks to them!!), and we've got members coming from across the country now too. I figure I'll leave Minneapolis around 9-10 on Friday morning, and get down to Downers Grove around 3-4 that afternoon. Mapquest said its about 405 miles, or about 6.5 hours of driving.

Can't wait!!!!

Now for the tough part. At the auto show, I'm going to wear a hat for one of two car brands. Either my favorite brand (Cadillac) or the brand I currently own. Who do I show my allegiance to? Mercedes...or Cadillac?

gdwriter
01-10-08, 12:15 PM
You know how to use the El? It's pretty easy. (Your best bet is to buy a 2 day pass on the El its $9.) It's pretty easy to navigate and if you need help don't be afraid to ask me. I fly in and out of midway every week :)I've taken the train between the Loop and O'Hare on a couple of occasions, and I know there's a line out to Midway (Orange, right?). Depending on how long we spend at the show on Sunday, I may take the CTA from McCormick Place to the airport.

Chad, Jesada suggested you get a funny hat so you can chauffeur me around in the Benz. :histeric:

gdwriter
01-10-08, 12:33 PM
Now for the tough part. At the auto show, I'm going to wear a hat for one of two car brands. Either my favorite brand (Cadillac) or the brand I currently own. Who do I show my allegiance to? Mercedes...or Cadillac?I'll be bringing both my Cadillac hat that I got at a car show last summer and my Cadillac hoodie I bought from Gothicaleigh.

gary88
01-10-08, 02:03 PM
I might wear my Ferrari hat just to be an ass.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-10-08, 02:33 PM
I might wear my Ferrari hat just to be an ass.

I've got a Lexus hat. Dare I wear that?

Chad, Jesada suggested you get a funny hat so you can chauffeur me around in the Benz. :histeric:

Does a John Deere hat work? How about a Caterpillar or Mack Truck one? I've got those.

CadillacGurl
01-10-08, 03:16 PM
I've taken the train between the Loop and O'Hare on a couple of occasions, and I know there's a line out to Midway (Orange, right?). Depending on how long we spend at the show on Sunday, I may take the CTA from McCormick Place to the airport.

Yes it's orange line from Midway. You'll have to switch to the red line to get to McCormick Place.

gary88
01-10-08, 04:02 PM
Is Cermak the stop on the red line for the McCormick place?

Crown Vic Owner
01-10-08, 04:19 PM
Yes it's orange line from Midway. You'll have to switch to the red line to get to McCormick Place.

Hey, i got a bimmer guy coming with us :)

gdwriter
01-10-08, 04:23 PM
The Metra Electric line runs right through McCormick Place. When I did a trip planner on the RTA Web site, it said to take the Metra Electric line to the Van Buren station, then transfer to the CTA Orange line at the Adams/Wabash station.

gdwriter
01-10-08, 05:21 PM
Had Chad been around in 1960, this could have been him in the picture:

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/uploads/timeline_images/776A39FA074B44AAAC11BF231B048EEB.jpg

Caption from the Chicago Auto Show history (http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/history/index.asp?TIMELINE_YEAR=1960&T_F_PG=2&tiid=1278&H_F_PG=1&vid=) page:

A classic scene photographed inside the Cadillac exhibit, captures a young lad having fun collecting armfuls of colorful literature to take home. Behind the boy was a 1960 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, with subdued tailfins and stacked round taillights. The paper crown on the youngster head came from The Sirloin Room restaurant, which was located at the north end of the International Amphitheatre.

CadillacGurl
01-10-08, 08:19 PM
Is Cermak the stop on the red line for the McCormick place?

Yes :yup:

CadillacGurl
01-10-08, 08:21 PM
The Metra Electric line runs right through McCormick Place. When I did a trip planner on the RTA Web site, it said to take the Metra Electric line to the Van Buren station, then transfer to the CTA Orange line at the Adams/Wabash station.

Metra Electric? :wtf: You mean the metra train??

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-10-08, 08:23 PM
Had Chad been around in 1960, this could have been him in the picture:

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/uploads/timeline_images/776A39FA074B44AAAC11BF231B048EEB.jpg

Screw 1960, that'll be me this year! Oh, I'd kill for a mint 1960 Cadillac brochure nowadays...I'd have to pay $40 to find one now.

Speaking of which, for those of you that don't know, I collect car brochures...I've got probably 4-500 of them, many of which are Cadillacs.
Anything you want me to bring down so you can take a gander at it? Lemme know and I'll be happy to do so.

gdwriter
01-10-08, 08:48 PM
Screw 1960, that'll be me this year!But will you wear the paper crown? :holycrap:

Metra Electric? :wtf: You mean the metra train??Yes.

From the Chicago Transit Authority Web site, I clicked on Trip Planner (http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/), which took me to the Regional Transit Authority Web site. When I chose McCormick Place as my starting point and Midway as my destination, this is what it told me:

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/img/atis/walking080207.gif Walk 0.1 mile NE from MCCORMICK PLACE SOUTH to MCCORMICK PLACE METRA (http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/cgi-bin/walk_dir.pl?Floc=MCCORMICK%20PLACE%20SOUTH&Fxcoord=41.850725&Fycoord=-87.617160&Tloc=MCCORMICK%20PLACE%20METRA%3CFLAG%20STOP%3E&Txcoord=41.851405&Tycoord=-87.616658&Walk=0.6&resptype=U)

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/img/atis/metra_train.gif Take METRA ELECTRIC LINE

Depart at 04:17 PM:

MCCORMICK PLACE METRA

Arrive at 04:23 PM:

VAN BUREN ST METRA

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/img/atis/walking080207.gif Walk 0.2 mile NW to ADAMS/WABASH CTA (BRN/GRN/ORN/PRP/PNK) (http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/cgi-bin/walk_dir.pl?Floc=VAN%20BUREN%20ST%20METRA&Fxcoord=41.876988&Fycoord=-87.622703&Tloc=ADAMS%2FWABASH%20CTA%20%28BRN%2FGRN%2FORN%2FP RP%2FPNK%29&Txcoord=41.879512&Tycoord=-87.626111&Walk=0.6&resptype=U)

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/img/atis/cta_train_orange.gif Take CTA ORANGE LINE TRAIN (ORANGE LINE - CLOCKWISE)

Depart at 04:34 PM:

ADAMS/WABASH CTA (BRN/GRN/ORN/PRP/PNK)

Arrive at 04:58 PM:

MIDWAY CTA

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/img/atis/walking080207.gif Walk 0.2 mile NW to MIDWAY AIRPORT (http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/cgi-bin/walk_dir.pl?Floc=MIDWAY%20CTA%20%28ORANGE%29&Fxcoord=41.786943&Fycoord=-87.737685&Tloc=MIDWAY%20AIRPORT&Txcoord=41.788387&Tycoord=-87.740415&Walk=0.6&resptype=U)

CadillacGurl
01-10-08, 08:56 PM
Interesting, meh I'll just take the El cause its free

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-10-08, 09:20 PM
But will you wear the paper crown? :holycrap:

Will a Burger King crown suffice?

gdwriter
01-10-08, 10:14 PM
Will a Burger King crown suffice?Sure, why not!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-11-08, 04:57 PM
I plan on leaving Minneapolis around 9-10 AM on Friday morning, and getting down to Downers Grove sometime between 3 and 4:30, depending on traffic. I'll meet up with Elias and Nicole sometime between 5:30 and 6, after they get home from work. Anywho, this is gonna leave me with a few hours to kill in that area. Luckily, I found out that there's a Bentley, Ferrari/Maserati and a Lamborghini dealer right in that area, on the same road (Ogden) and they're within 5 miles of each other. Sooooo, I'm going to be going to all three dealers, so if anyone wants to meet me there, please do!

96Fleetwood
01-11-08, 06:18 PM
Many of the eBay highline dealers in Chicagoland are also on Ogden in Downers Grove/Westmont.

Also, so many good places to eat and even some with a fun atmosphere like Buca.

CadillacGurl
01-11-08, 06:25 PM
I also recommend Moondance Diner :thumbsup: its on Ogden as well. Torilla soup :drool:

gary88
01-11-08, 07:06 PM
There's always The Patio if anyone wants to spend more $$$ :2thumbs:

Their ribs are to die for.

CadillacGurl
01-11-08, 07:09 PM
The Patio :drool: that is some goooood food.

gary88
01-11-08, 08:09 PM
http://www.patioribs.com/images/ribs-sm.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

CadillacGurl
01-11-08, 08:11 PM
:drool: dammit I want ribs!!!

AlBundy
01-11-08, 09:10 PM
There's always The Patio if anyone wants to spend more $$$ :2thumbs:

Their ribs are to die for.

The Patio isn't that expensive and yes the ribs and chicken are great. Chad if your on Odgen and you want to go to a dealership I suggest you go to Luxury Autos. I was there once to look at a Tahoe and was told I want the under $50.00 lot. lol A old guy had just brought a convertible Bently.:eek:

Ranger
01-11-08, 09:14 PM
Ribs and out of the city. Now your peaking my interest. Where is the Patio?

gary88
01-11-08, 10:07 PM
Ribs and out of the city. Now your peaking my interest. Where is the Patio?

South Kingery (Route 83) in Darien. For a little under $20 you get a full 1 3/4lb slab of ribs, choice of potato, bread, and coleslaw.

I know where I'm getting food tomorrow :thumbsup:

Ranger
01-11-08, 10:31 PM
That's a trek from Woodstock, but beats Chicago. Then again, nothing is near Woodstock. I'll see what you guys finally decide on. If the stars line up, maybe I can meet you guys for dinner Fri. or Sat.

N0DIH
01-11-08, 11:03 PM
I am a bit farther yet, but close to I90. I have to drive to Midway next week to pick my dad up, that should be fun....

gdwriter
01-12-08, 12:11 AM
That's a trek from Woodstock, but beats Chicago. Then again, nothing is near Woodstock. I'll see what you guys finally decide on. If the stars line up, maybe I can meet you guys for dinner Fri. or Sat.Can we shoot for Saturday? Since you've helped me several times with my DeVille, it would be nice to meet you (I fly in Saturday morning).

Ranger
01-12-08, 12:09 PM
If I am not in Northern Wisc. Sat. would be good.

NODIH,
I had to drive down to Midway a few years ago (for the first time in ages). The trip was not as bad as I expected. 95% expressway. I think I did it in less than an hour each way.

N0DIH
01-12-08, 12:51 PM
Cool, but I think his plane comes in around 5.... I'll probably leave early from work around 3 (I work in Libertyville) to make sure I have good time..... Unless the Metra goes there, then maybe that is an idea too....

AlBundy
01-12-08, 12:55 PM
I love it when a plan comes together.:D

Ranger
01-12-08, 05:26 PM
Cool, but I think his plane comes in around 5.... I'll probably leave early from work around 3 (I work in Libertyville) to make sure I have good time..... Unless the Metra goes there, then maybe that is an idea too....
OUCH! Right in the middle of rush hour. Not sure how to do it from Libertyville.

N0DIH
01-12-08, 05:27 PM
Exactly.... Fun time to go.... If anyone has ideas, I am all ears!

Jesda
01-14-08, 06:36 AM
I'm coming! I'm booking my hotel this weekend. I also invited Ian (playdrv4me) so he might be joining us as well.

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 10:47 AM
Woohoo!! :D I should start making alist of all the people coming

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-14-08, 12:34 PM
Good idea Nicki. I'm interested to see who's all coming.

JimmyH
01-14-08, 01:08 PM
Ok, I am confused as all hell (I am still sick and my head is just wacked)

Where? When? If Ranger is going I am damn sure gonna be there! Do you think we will fit in with all these kids?

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 01:27 PM
Saturday night I believe we're going to dinner at Giordano's (location unknown)
Sunday I believe is the day we're going to the autoshow...

I'm trying to figure this out myself since I have a homecoming dance I have to go to Sat night (depending on the location)

gdwriter
01-14-08, 01:28 PM
Ok, I am confused as all hell (I am still sick and my head is just wacked)

Where? When? If Ranger is going I am damn sure gonna be there! Do you think we will fit in with all these kids?Sure you will. We had a mix of guys in their 20s to 40s in Des Moines, and I think we all had a blast.

Age doesn't really matter when you share an enthusiasm for cool cars.

AFAIK, we're planning dinner Saturday evening (Giordano's, not sure which location yet), and the Chicago Auto Show at McCormick Place Sunday afternoon.

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 01:36 PM
List of people planning to come out (if I missed you please let me know):
Jesda
GDWriter
Iluvcaddys
96Fleet +1
N0DIH
ALBUNDY
CrownVicOwner
Gary88
GizmoQ
CadillacSTS + Gurl
Cadillac_Guy (undecided)
Ranger (undecided)
JimmyH (undecided)
AJxtcman (undecided)

Boss_Cadillac
01-14-08, 01:55 PM
Does anyone know the exact details, such as time it opens, location, and cost for the show itself? I'll be making a trip in my eldo from mid wisconsin if anyone needs to catch a ride.

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 02:04 PM
http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/
Cost is $10 per Adult
McCormick Place (right on Lake Michigan) Lake Shore Drive at 23rd Street.
Dates: February 8-17
Time: 10AM-10PM (closes at 8PM on 17th)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-14-08, 02:09 PM
Oh cool, aside for one name, everyone on that list I'm pretty familiar with.

Boss_Cadillac
01-14-08, 02:21 PM
http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/
Cost is $10 per Adult
McCormick Place (right on Lake Michigan) Lake Shore Drive at 23rd Street.
Dates: February 8-17
Time: 10AM-10PM (closes at 8PM on 17th)

Thanks!

Jesda
01-14-08, 02:21 PM
So did they fix the walkway to McCormick? Last year I parked on the opposite side of the highway, then wound my way down these snow and ice covered steps with a guard rail held in by duct tape. The line to go down those steps was HUGE!

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 02:23 PM
Thanks!

You're welcome.

Jesda, I believe they fixed it but I'm not too positive.

Kael
01-14-08, 02:35 PM
man i have got to look at this place closer, i didnt even know there was a great lakes section.

soooooooo

there is a meet? :)

CadillacGurl
01-14-08, 02:51 PM
Yes sir there is lol

96Fleetwood
01-14-08, 03:56 PM
I think I will park at my old condo building, it is $8.00 to park there and then $5.00 taxi ride to the front door of the show.

JimmyH
01-14-08, 06:39 PM
First weekend or second weekend? If I can get my mom to watch the kids, Ill bring the wife

gdwriter
01-14-08, 06:49 PM
First weekend or second weekend? If I can get my mom to watch the kids, Ill bring the wifeSecond weekend. Feb. 9-10.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-15-08, 01:04 AM
Too bad I'm not 3 months older, otherwise I'd show you how we drink in Minnesota.

(Lightly)

GizmoQ
01-15-08, 04:50 AM
List of people planning to come out (if I missed you please let me know):
Jesda
GDWriter
Iluvcaddys
96Fleet +1
N0DIH
ALBUNDY
CrownVicOwner
Gary88
GizmoQ
CadillacSTS + Gurl
Cadillac_Guy (undecided)
Ranger (undecided)
JimmyH (undecided)
AJxtcman (undecided)

Anybody heard from Kael, FlyinRyan, FlyFlip420, CTS_Fan, Platinum06, ChicagoCTS32, Mbai2, luvmy03caddy, ridnslick, chazman, JRau, Cadillac_Zach, BonusPro, or fire a message over to the Cadillac-LaSalle Club there in Chicagoland to see if they want to join us? I don't have multiple PM authority or I would do it.

Crown Vic Owner
01-15-08, 12:40 PM
Can i bring a non caddy buddy with?

Kael
01-15-08, 01:54 PM
I would probably go if i could catch a ride, traffic and parking downtown for the autoshow is pretty nuts.

take a good pair of walking shoes, money for soda and snacks, declare a meeting point, get everyones cell phone and then:
have fun and drool a lot.

the auto show sometimes disgusts me honestly, parents should not treat the place as a personal playground for their little brats.
when I am wanting to try the fit of a car I don't want to have to wait for some little miscreant to stop trying to steal the radio knobs.

of course its always fun to go to the honda section and listen to the rice boys "ooh and aaah" over the massive 150 horsepower of the "true performance race cars" of honda.

I do hope hyundai has their genesis prototype on display, I have friends that own hyundai's and I have always been amazed at how nicely put together they are, I just never liked their total lack of power. now with the new Genesis (sp? whatever) the brand looks a lot more inviting...

that is if I can't get an 09 cts-v (Drool)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-15-08, 02:41 PM
I PM'd JRau yesterday. He said he's been very busy lately, but he might be able to swing down.

CadillacGurl
01-15-08, 03:45 PM
Can i bring a non caddy buddy with?

Yeah I might be bringing my roomie

Crown Vic Owner
01-15-08, 04:43 PM
Ausome

He is a BMW guy, so meh.
I might be going in a mark viii

CadillacGurl
01-15-08, 04:47 PM
Anybody heard from Kael, FlyinRyan, FlyFlip420, CTS_Fan, Platinum06, ChicagoCTS32, Mbai2, luvmy03caddy, ridnslick, chazman, JRau, Cadillac_Zach, BonusPro, or fire a message over to the Cadillac-LaSalle Club there in Chicagoland to see if they want to join us? I don't have multiple PM authority or I would do it.

No problem Gizmo. I PMed them for you. :)

CadillacGurl
01-15-08, 05:17 PM
Ok JRau contacted me and said he should be coming. :)

CadillacGurl
01-15-08, 05:43 PM
luvmy03caddy said he'll probably swing by in his new V series :cool2:

gary88
01-15-08, 05:45 PM
Yeah I might be bringing my roomie

Is she hawt :bouncy:

CadillacGurl
01-15-08, 05:53 PM
Yeah she is, she's got bigger boobs than me :p
You decide (her facebook picture):
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v170/148/92/22016720/n22016720_33307608_1437.jpg

CadillacGurl
01-15-08, 05:54 PM
Her hair color is like brown/reddish... its cool. I love her, she's just so adorable and funny. :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-15-08, 06:00 PM
Thank Yew Nicki... :bouncy::bouncy:

Now it won't be so much of a sausage fest.

CVO- What sort of a Bimmer does your friend have?

I'm tying to arrange a race between my S Class, Jesda's Navigator and Ian's Range Rover, or his 325ci if he brings that. It'll be the "high end, low power shootout". Anyone else with a high end/low power foreign car is welcome to join in too.

In Des Moines, I raced Jesda's '90 Q45 in my '92 deVille. I lost. Now let's see if I can win the rematch!

gary88
01-15-08, 06:31 PM
Her hair color is like brown/reddish... its cool. I love her, she's just so adorable and funny. :D

I approve!

CadillacGurl
01-15-08, 07:56 PM
Sweet :thumbsup: Jason could tell you about her too.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-15-08, 09:52 PM
Can anyone think of a place where we could all sit around and show off our cars?

96Fleetwood
01-15-08, 10:05 PM
Unless by the grace of God the weather is over 50 degrees and the salt has disappeared from the roads.... the Fleetwood won't be coming out to play. It is hibernating in our heated garage awaiting Spring, hasn't moved since the last week of November.

I will most likely be driving the Gold '96 Roadmaster wagon, or maybe a '96 BBB Impala SS if the owner accepts my offer tomorrow :eek:

CadillacGurl
01-15-08, 10:08 PM
Hmmm... I'm trying to think of a place to just chill... probably out in the suburbs... just go to westmont junior high parking lot... where I learned to ride my bike minus training wheels :D Right by my old house. Ty Warner Park works too... (aka where Beanie babies are made!! :D)

FlyFlip420
01-15-08, 10:50 PM
Im in for the 9th :D

Theres lots of places to chill....just depends on where your looking to meet ;) What town are you guys wanting to meet at?? I have an old Police Station with a HUGE parking lot that we could use...we do all the Training for those guys and its vacant and I know the higher ups ;)

BUT thats in Plainfield....not sure where you guys want to meet.......

CTS_FAN
01-15-08, 11:46 PM
DAMN, I'll be traveling for work so I can't make it. Hopefully there will be another meet this summer when the weather is a little nicer and I'm not traveling so much!!! Get lots of pictures of the Caddy's!!!

FlyFlip420
01-15-08, 11:48 PM
LOL.....you know we will have another meet :D Its almost to damn cold for me to want to go...and I bet there will be snow....and alot of dirty lacs in the parking lot :histeric: and I bet I still go

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-08, 12:01 AM
I think the lot of us are gonna be in the Downer's Grove area...somewhere 'round there would be ideal.
For example, at the Des Moines meet last summer, we all met up at and abandoned Target Parking lot, and that worked very well. Which reminds me, we need a parking lot large enough so Jesda can go and do donuts in whatever vehicle he drives to the meet. :histeric:

Elias... Impala SS...do tell... what's BBB stand for?

N0DIH
01-16-08, 12:17 AM
Big Black and Beautiful, aka, Triple Black!

N0DIH
01-16-08, 12:18 AM
Can we find a place to do a burnout contest? I might bring my old tires if you wanna change them to smoke em!!! I have a few to "burn"....5x5 pattern.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-08, 12:31 AM
LOL. I might be up for that.....

gdwriter
01-16-08, 12:55 AM
I've always wanted to take a 90s-era Impala SS for a spin. I have a feeling it would drive a lot different than Betty. She's more of a cruiser, but her 327 still has plenty of go. I even smoked the rear tires (OK, tire; I don't have Positraction) at a local cruise a couple of years ago.

JimmyH
01-17-08, 11:40 AM
Too bad I'm not 3 months older, otherwise I'd show you how we drink in Minnesota.

Milk?

If it is warm enough, my plant is on River Road right near Ohare, parking lot big enough for about 25 cars. I cant have people inside tho due to insurance regulations. But at least there would be a bathroom to use.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 12:30 PM
Milk?

Not just any milk....Chocolate Milk!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Chadillac8705/Photo-0211.jpg

JimmyH
01-17-08, 12:59 PM
mmmmm Nesquik for me

gary88
01-17-08, 02:14 PM
Bleh, chocolate milk :ack:

GizmoQ
01-17-08, 03:58 PM
I've grown accustomed to SILK Chocolate (lactose intolerant) :alchi:

Crown Vic Owner
01-17-08, 04:56 PM
So what IS the date that this is going on

9th 10th or 11th or whta?

96Fleetwood
01-17-08, 04:59 PM
Feb 10th is the GTG for the car show.

Not sure about anything else.

gdwriter
01-17-08, 05:58 PM
Feb 10th is the GTG for the car show.

Not sure about anything else.I think the dinner at Giordano's is planned to Saturday evening.

Elias, how far is your old condo from McCormick Place? IIRC, you said you were planning to park there, then take CTA to the show. I was planning to take the train out to the airport right after the show. I don't see on the McCormick Place Web site if they have lockers where I can store my suitcase. Would I be able to keep my bag in your trunk (or Chad's trunk if he parks there, too)? I certainly don't want to have to schlep that thing around during the car show.

87vertgt
01-17-08, 06:33 PM
is it still on for February?

Thats a horriable date......who ever thought of that date must have never been in Chicago around that time as it's cold as Fuk and maybe a blizzard will be in effect.....

Whats wrong with you guys not thinking?

April maybe march 15th is even pushing.....and even in march it's raining and cold as hell....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 06:44 PM
Feb 8-10.

GizmoQ
01-17-08, 06:54 PM
is it still on for February?

Thats a horriable date......who ever thought of that date must have never been in Chicago around that time as it's cold as Fuk and maybe a blizzard will be in effect.....

Whats wrong with you guys not thinking?

April maybe march 15th is even pushing.....and even in march it's raining and cold as hell....

Who is this guy? :canttalk:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 06:55 PM
Somebody who think they're in charge of planning the meet I guess.

JimmyH
01-17-08, 06:55 PM

yes

but that is when the auto show is :bigroll:

gary88
01-17-08, 07:32 PM
Blizzard Schmizzard

87vertgt
01-17-08, 07:37 PM
Who is this guy? :canttalk:

Hi :D

I am the guy who's lived in Chi-town for 28 years, you are the guy from St louis? ....hi nice to meet ya....:yup:

87vertgt
01-17-08, 07:39 PM
Somebody who think they're in charge of planning the meet I guess.

or maybe some one with some sense? :cookoo:

It would be in everyone's best interest to stay off the road if there is more than 5 inches of side blowing 0 degree snow/frost weather right? :tisk:

Chit...go crash your ride...I will keep mine in the batcave :yup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 07:43 PM
I'm the only one attending the meet that's not from Chicago, so I trust fully in the other's abilities to decide if a February meet in the Windy City would be a good idea. I'm coming from Minnesota, and anything Chicago can dish out as far as weather's concerned....well Minnesota can do far worse.

Besides, when else can we see something as momentous and awesome as the Chicago Auto Show?

Besides, even if there was a snow storm, I ain't cancelling my plans for this meet! I'm too pumped for this!

AlBundy
01-17-08, 07:45 PM
Your that CTS wise guy.

87vertgt
01-17-08, 07:49 PM
I'm the only one attending the meet that's not from Chicago, so I trust fully in the other's abilities to decide if a February meet in the Windy City would be a good idea. I'm coming from Minnesota, and anything Chicago can dish out as far as weather's concerned....well Minnesota can do far worse.

Besides, when else can we see something as momentous and awesome as the Chicago Auto Show?

Besides, even if there was a snow storm, I ain't cancelling my plans for this meet! I'm too pumped for this!

Yeah..Ive been there in late January...I stayed at a old girlfriends house (ghetto in the sky) close to Dinkyville I think....yeah your winters are harsh...expecially when your partying at 3am running from bar to car......

But you guys dont have as much snow.....combine the two with strong wind and a city that has 250 salt trucks but really feels like they have 3 and theres gonna be a problem.....

Have you ever vistied here?

87vertgt
01-17-08, 07:51 PM
Your that CTS wise guy.

Sup bro..how are ya? if I meet ya..first rounds on me as AL BUNDY FTW!!!! :yup:

Love the episode when his dodge is about to hit a million miles-LMAO

nah not a wise guy.....just give it to punks the way it is :D :yup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 07:54 PM
Yeah..Ive been there in late January...I stayed at a old girlfriends house (ghetto in the sky)

Yeah, the Cedar Riverside Towers.

Have you ever vistied here?

No, that's one of the reasons I'm so pumped about comin' down.

87vertgt
01-17-08, 08:00 PM
Yeah, the Cedar Riverside Towers.

No, that's one of the reasons I'm so pumped about comin' down.

I hear ya...

it's only 7 to 8 hour drive...surpirized you havent been here.....

how long you gonna be here? I will recommend some cool things to do...museums, clubs, bars, restaurants, interesting etnic neigborhoods..scenic areas etc...

JimmyH
01-17-08, 08:05 PM
I am the guy who's lived in Chi-town for 28 years,

or maybe some one with some sense?

wow, so you a like a total expert then, n'est pas?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 08:09 PM
I hear ya...

it's only 7 to 8 hour drive...surpirized you havent been here.....

how long you gonna be here? I will recommend some cool things to do...museums, clubs, bars, restaurants, interesting etnic neigborhoods..scenic areas etc...

I'll get in Friday around 4 probably, shoot down Ogden Drive in Downer's Grove, look at the dealers and stuff, then not sure what next. I'll probably leave for the Twin Cities after the show on Sunday.

Thanks for the advice.

87vertgt
01-17-08, 08:16 PM
wow, so you a like a total expert then, n'est pas?

compared to guys to havent been here around that time...Yes...Yes I do elect myself for most Brightest:yup: :wes::sunnynana::hotdog:

Also...seeing as how I was a tour guide and concierge for a couple years.......yep that sure helped....:yup:

87vertgt
01-17-08, 08:18 PM
I'll get in Friday around 4 probably, shoot down Ogden Drive in Downer's Grove, look at the dealers and stuff, then not sure what next. I'll probably leave for the Twin Cities after the show on Sunday.

Thanks for the advice.

Huh? dont you get enough of cars? see the city...it's the Greatest in the world!! dont believe it then why do other cities try to be like us? and we have one of the most highest tourist ratio next to Paris?

Go party down Divison st or Rush st...go have some expensive nice dinners to remember...not a freaking car dealership :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 08:40 PM
Huh? dont you get enough of cars?

Nope. Never. :D I've never been to a Ferrari dealer, or a Lambo dealer, etc etc, so I'm DYING to go to those, but I'll still do my regular sightseeing on Saturday.

Crown Vic Owner
01-17-08, 08:43 PM
so were eating on saturday, and doing the AS on sunday?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 08:50 PM
Yes, that is the plan.

FlyFlip420
01-17-08, 08:58 PM
Nope. Never. :D I've never been to a Ferrari dealer, or a Lambo dealer, etc etc, so I'm DYING to go to those, but I'll still do my regular sightseeing on Saturday.

Not even a Block from the Lotus dealer...is a Strip Club :D Diamonds:lildevil:

gary88
01-17-08, 09:03 PM
Not even a Block from the Lotus dealer...is a Strip Club :D Diamonds:lildevil:

Well, I think I know what we can do Friday night :highfive:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 09:16 PM
Well, I think I know what we can do Friday night :highfive:

Get tits in our faces!

AlBundy
01-17-08, 09:24 PM
Now you guys are talkin my language.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-08, 09:32 PM
What's their cover charge?

Crown Vic Owner
01-17-08, 09:39 PM
damnit, can someone loan me a fake id to make me 21

gary88
01-17-08, 10:03 PM
What's their cover charge?

$20 I believe

FlyFlip420
01-17-08, 11:21 PM
Yup its $20 at the door, you only have to be 18 to get in.......You can bring your own liquor, I havent been there in awhile, but I know you can only bring hard liquor and it has to be a certain size....people were getting too wasted and driving......

GizmoQ
01-18-08, 02:06 AM

And I said when i started this goatrope that if it snows I won't make it. Been snowed in there more than I care to remember. 28 years??? I've been running around them streets for 40, I know whats possible to happen and use my CarPC to track weather up I-55 for my monthly trips up there. :D But we can always hope for the best and plan for the worst. Given the current global warming, who knows what might happen, hell we had one day last month in the 70s (is that crazy or what :suspense:) Just cause it could snow or storm doesn't mean I can't put everything in motion and then see if mother nature wants to cooperate.

Crown Vic Owner
01-18-08, 02:09 AM
Yup its $20 at the door, you only have to be 18 to get in.......You can bring your own liquor, I havent been there in awhile, but I know you can only bring hard liquor and it has to be a certain size....people were getting too wasted and driving......

Goddamnit, 2 more years

JimmyH
01-18-08, 12:13 PM
get real, Chicago is a hell hole

there is only one thing that puts us on the map: best food in the world

and maybe also the fact that you get big city lifestyle for small city cost of living (unlike LA, NY, Miami etc...)

urbanski
01-18-08, 06:09 PM
who else am i taking out today?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/announcements.html

Silver Dollar
01-18-08, 06:14 PM
Are you asking me out for a date? :swoon:

dkozloski
01-18-08, 06:26 PM
Al Capone thought he was a tough guy from Chicago until he tangled with the IRS. You can negate all the muscle in the world with a stroke of the pen. Urby can show you what I mean.

CadillacGurl
01-18-08, 06:46 PM
I :gurl: Chicago :D

AlBundy
01-18-08, 06:50 PM
Al Capone thought he was a tough guy from Chicago until he tangled with the IRS. You can negate all the muscle in the world with a stroke of the pen. Urby can show you what I mean.

or the click of a mouse.:D

gary88
01-18-08, 07:25 PM
or the click of a mouse.:D

or the tap of a touchpad if you're on a laptop, just to cover all bases

GizmoQ
01-18-08, 07:49 PM
Sure is quiet now

click

click

swooosh

O.K. So what were we discussing before we were so rudely interrupted? Oh yeah, is there anywhere for us out-of-towners to park near a metro and all ride in. Looks like I'll come up Saturday afternoon, weather permitting.

JimmyH
01-18-08, 07:51 PM
no no................................................
You suck and it's obvious as your proud of some "old man crusty station wagon" if you think Chicago sucks...leave and dont come back...obviously your here cause you cant get what you need from your Hillbilly town....
what rednecktown are you from anyway?

well, you certainly can talk the talk, too bad you cannot read.

who else am i taking out today?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/announcements.html

go urby, points for you, oh, wait, nevermind...

And I never said Chicago sucks. I said it is a hell-hole. I would never leave here, I would never live anywhere else. I love it here. I love the food. I love the layout. I love the stuff we have here. I love that everything is reasonably priced (save the gas.)

None of the above changes the fact that it is still a hell hole.

I always tell people, Chicago is a great place to live, but you wouldnt want to visit there.

dkozloski
01-18-08, 08:53 PM
What I remember most about Chicago was the ride between train stations in 1949 on the Parmelee bus over the brick streets and trolley tracks. It was rougher than any street I'd ever seen in Alaska.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-18-08, 11:28 PM
Yeah.....so...umm...this meet sure is gonna be awesome. :leaving:

CadillacGurl
01-19-08, 01:07 AM
Sure is quiet now

click

click

swooosh

O.K. So what were we discussing before we were so rudely interrupted? Oh yeah, is there anywhere for us out-of-towners to park near a metro and all ride in. Looks like I'll come up Saturday afternoon, weather permitting.

Which day? Saturday for dinner or Sunday for the auto show? Sorry my brain is partly working since its 1AM here.

GizmoQ
01-19-08, 01:54 AM
Which day? Saturday for dinner or Sunday for the auto show? Sorry my brain is partly working since its 1AM here.

BOTH

Crown Vic Owner
01-19-08, 02:06 AM
so whens the dinner, whens the autoshow

i needa know

CadillacGurl
01-19-08, 10:36 AM
Gizmo, I know at most suburb metra stops they have parking lots to park your car which is free. I believe its also free parking on weekends, check me on that to make sure. At the restaurant, its free parking. At McCormick place I'm not too positive on how much parking is, I'll have to find Jesda and ask him. I hope that answers your questions, feel free to ask more.

Vic, dinner is on Saturday 9th night. I'm aiming for 7-7:30 time. Just people aren't responding to that to let me know so I can see if I can possibly make a reservation. Sunday 10th after 12 PM we're meeting at the auto show. I said above to Gizmo, if you have any more questions let me know.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-19-08, 10:44 AM
Thread cleaned. Continue meet discussion.

JimmyH
01-19-08, 11:07 AM
Yeah.....so...umm...this meet sure is gonna be awesome. :leaving:

dont worry Chad, it'll be fun. I'll buy ya a drink :shhh:

Koz, you must not have been here in a while. I am guessing those old brick roads would be considered smooth by today's standards.

90Brougham350
01-22-08, 05:48 PM
Good chance I might go. Haven't been on in a while, hell, half of you probably don't even know who I am, lol. Pleasure to be back though, I'll confirm yes or no within a day or two.

N0DIH
01-22-08, 06:04 PM
I remember ya!

Been a while!

gdwriter
01-22-08, 06:45 PM
Good chance I might go. Haven't been on in a while, hell, half of you probably don't even know who I am, lol. Pleasure to be back though, I'll confirm yes or no within a day or two.Cool another person I've met. I'm really looking forward to this.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-22-08, 07:05 PM
If I can get Brian to come (and Tanner for that matter) we should try and motorcade down to Chicago.

Crown Vic Owner
01-23-08, 12:01 AM
If I can get Brian to come (and Tanner for that matter) we should try and motorcade down to Chicago.

IDK, if we do that, we SHOULD have some form of communication.

If anyone needs a ride from the southside, ill give ya one.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-23-08, 01:29 AM
I talked to Tanner tonight, he's riding down from Minneapolis with me. :thumbsup:

derrty_deville
01-23-08, 12:09 PM
Which half of the trip do I get to drive?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-28-08, 02:12 PM
Alright, so since the trip is nearing closer, can we get a final itenerary set up?

JimmyH
01-28-08, 02:24 PM
Was it Feb 10th right? I hope so, that is only day I can make it. I think the wife is gonna come too. We have plans on the 9th. And I think we are busy the following weekend.

I think Keith (ALBUNDY) wants to come too.
Wait till you guys see the new CTS-V. OMG.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-28-08, 02:27 PM
The autoshow is the 10th. Giordanos is the 9th. I'll be there from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon/evening.

AlBundy
01-28-08, 10:26 PM
Was it Feb 10th right? I hope so, that is only day I can make it. I think the wife is gonna come too. We have plans on the 9th. And I think we are busy the following weekend.

I think Keith (ALBUNDY) wants to come too.
Wait till you guys see the new CTS-V. OMG.

JH, howed ya find out. Were gonna have a blast with lots of pictures to show. JH, since the wifey will be there I'll behave and not try and let the real Jimmy loose.:lildevil:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-28-08, 10:43 PM
Are you bringing Peggy?

AlBundy
01-28-08, 11:11 PM
Are you bringing Peggy?

Who's Peggy. I'm lost, forgive me.:crying:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-29-08, 12:07 AM
You know, your wife.

http://www.waterman75.com/Al%20Bundy/peg02.jpg

kfx
01-29-08, 10:31 AM
Man I wish I would have found out about this sooner, I just discovered this great lakes forum, was this meet ever posted to any of the other caddy forums? I'm only 2 hrs. away, but I can't make it that weekend.

gdwriter, jesda, gizmo, 90brougham, kael - I had a great time with you guys last year at the des moines meet, wish I could stop down and see all of you again. Hope you are all coming to davenport in April, I already got my vac time requested for that one.

AlBundy
01-29-08, 02:56 PM
You know, your wife.

http://www.waterman75.com/Al%20Bundy/peg02.jpg

Naaaaa, she refuses to leave the couch alone.:yup:

CadillacGurl
01-29-08, 05:45 PM
ok I'm gonna make a reservation for about 15 people at Giordano's that too little or too much?

JimmyH
01-29-08, 05:48 PM
i cannot be there saturday night

Ranger
01-29-08, 08:57 PM
I won't know for sure till next week. Pretty much a day or two prior.

CadillacGurl
01-29-08, 08:58 PM
ok I can wait until then... no problem...

GizmoQ
01-29-08, 10:02 PM
Same here, looks like SNOW eeek!

Ranger
01-29-08, 10:15 PM
ok I can wait until then... no problem...
Don't wait on my account. I'm sure one or two, more or less won't be a big deal.

Ranger
01-29-08, 10:20 PM
Same here, looks like SNOW eeek!

It's snowing now. 50 degrees when I got to work at 1300. 9 degrees now at 2100 (and falling). That's a 41 degree drop in 6 hours. Wind is 25 gusting to 36 with a wind chill of -14. Visibility is 1/4 mile. Come on down, you're gonna love Chicago!