: 94 northstar starting problem

sweetshot
01-04-08, 08:44 PM
Ive also posted this in the Seville forums. So heres the story ive got a 94 sts with the northstar engine which ive owned for just over a year. The car has never not started or not turned over for the entire time ive owned the car till now. I recently took the car off the road for about 3 months and have been driving it for about 2-3 weeks now. When i first tried driving the car after 3 months the battery was dead. I charged it and seemed fine for a few days. A couple days later i went to start the car and nothing happened, all acc came on but nothing from the starter or crank, i then turned the key back then tried starting it again and it fired right up. I took the batt in and turns out it was bad so i got it replaced. When i replaced the batt i cleaned the conn cables which had corrosion on it and it fired up just fine..so i thought the problem was solved then a few days later it did the same thing again, turned the key to start it, nothing, turned it back and tried again, fired up just fine. this is happening at completely random times when the car is hot or cold doesnt matter. Recently when ive started it the starter goes and the crank goes but then just stops dead after about a second of turning over. I turn the key back and try again and it starts just fine. Theres no grinding or any bad noises coming from the engine or starter. Any input would be greatly appreciated before i go out and put a new starter in. Thanks

Ranger
01-04-08, 10:26 PM
Just to keep things even, I'll post what I posted in the Seville section. Sounds like an ignition switch to me.