: Ridiculous weather in N. California.

Spyder
01-04-08, 12:29 PM
Isn't it supposed to be sunny and warm with a light breeze?

I've got 50-60 mph winds and what seems like about three feet of rain since midnight last night.

Driving home from Sacramento just now I got 22mpg in a Hemi Dodge 3/4 ton quad cab. The water spray off the tires was passing me and I was going 65mph. Every thing is broken, powers out damned near everywhere and there's spun out and wrecked cars on ever straight piece of road.

Good wholesome fun.

:)

dkozloski
01-04-08, 12:38 PM
That's the way I remember it when I was stationed at NWS Concord in the early '60s. The weather always changed drastically every time you went through that tunnel to and from Oakland.

EcSTSatic
01-04-08, 12:45 PM
I have memories of a warm, sunny sky as I drove from my offsite job at Merced to San Francisco one weekend and I want to keep it that way. The wind generators were casually turning, it was a nice drive.

lawfive
01-04-08, 07:20 PM
57 mph winds shut down SFO airport most of this morning (I'm waiting to board a plane on standby). 150 mph winds at Truckee on I80.

Spyder
01-04-08, 08:50 PM
Over a million people out of power. Most of my town is out, just drove through it to drop someone off at his place after work and make it back home. Good thing I've got four wheel drive, lights that don't work and a little knowledge of backroads, alleys and schoolyards to make driving fun...else I'd still be sitting about two miles up the road behind an ungodly long line of idiots trying to cross the freeway with no light signal. :D

No harm to me...and in fact, it may have helped me out...made a bunch more at work today than I expected because we were one of the few bars left that still had power!

dkozloski
01-04-08, 09:07 PM
57 mph winds shut down SFO airport most of this morning (I'm waiting to board a plane on standby). 150 mph winds at Truckee on I80.
Sounds like an average day in Adak. You ought to try a week on Shemya Island.

lawfive
01-05-08, 02:02 AM
Heh... but why?