: Zoomers cat back guys...what headers mate up the best?

cobrayankee
01-03-08, 02:31 PM
I've looked through countless threads and haven't found what I'm looking for. There's about 100 posts about which cat back sounds the best but nobody addresses some of the more important topics on Zoomers like which headers mate up and compliment Zoomers cat backs the best. I'd be pissed if I tried to get some Kooks installed and they were more trouble than they were worth.
So all you Zoomers guys with headers, what are you using and would you recommend it? (I'm looking for opinions on installation not sound.)

trukk
01-03-08, 02:50 PM
CY,

I know Luna has Zoomers. Perhaps he'll chime in.

Do you have your Zoomers installed right now? I've never heard one, and want to hear it in person. Let me know.

-Chris

cobrayankee
01-03-08, 04:04 PM
CY,

I know Luna has Zoomers. Perhaps he'll chime in.

Do you have your Zoomers installed right now? I've never heard one, and want to hear it in person. Let me know.

-Chris

Not yet. I'm the one who picked up the one in the classifieds. I'll be running up there to PA later on in the month to get it installed as well as a few other things followed by a dyno tune.

RunningOnEMT
01-03-08, 04:06 PM
wait till after you get your headers to get it tuned... you won't really gain that much and you'll have to retune after the headers...

i did my headers myself if you want help jeff

its corey btw

heavymetals
01-03-08, 04:08 PM
Almost any exhaust can be mated to any given header.

Just depends on how much trouble your willing to go through.

That is why they make adapters.

Your gonna get a lot of biased opinions on exhaust systems.

At least you have a choice!

cobrayankee
01-03-08, 04:18 PM
wait till after you get your headers to get it tuned... you won't really gain that much and you'll have to retune after the headers...

i did my headers myself if you want help jeff

its corey btw

That's what it will be Corey. Everything installed and then the dyno tune that same day/day after. Hopefully it's all that day. I'm not doing anything ridiculous so the install should be quick, especially the cat back.

RunningOnEMT
01-03-08, 05:03 PM
i love my kooks headers, i just had to get a different gasket than the ones they came with

trukk
01-03-08, 05:39 PM
Not yet. I'm the one who picked up the one in the classifieds. I'll be running up there to PA later on in the month to get it installed as well as a few other things followed by a dyno tune.

I can't wait to hear it. I've always wondered about the Zoomers.

Comp hardened pushrods came in the mail for me yesterday :D

-Chris

cobrayankee
01-03-08, 05:47 PM
I can't wait to hear it. I've always wondered about the Zoomers.

Comp hardened pushrods came in the mail for me yesterday :D

-Chris

Who's installing them?

trukk
01-03-08, 09:37 PM
Who's installing them?

Damian Harney cam install. Tune by Brett @ FBC.

-Chris