: Is it me, or are alot of N*s having cracked blocks

Crown Vic Owner
01-03-08, 03:56 AM
I dont have one, but i realize that its becoming a issue now.

What are the chances of GM having a weak batch of blocks from there supplier, or is it just user stupidity?

To be honest, the northstar only has a few things going for it, and thats the power, torque, sound, and block durability / so called high performance near race engine that can be daily driver.

I love mine, and you guys know this, i wouldnt trade my car for the world, but im just wondering.

AMGoff
01-03-08, 04:32 AM
I dont have one, but i realize that its becoming a issue now.

What are the chances of GM having a weak batch of blocks from there supplier, or is it just user stupidity?

To be honest, the northstar only has a few things going for it, and thats the power, torque, sound, and block durability / so called high performance near race engine that can be daily driver.

I love mine, and you guys know this, i wouldnt trade my car for the world, but im just wondering.

ugh... first off, how exactly can "user stupidity" have anything to do with that in particular?

Secondly, "only has a few things going for it..." exactly what else could one possibly want from an engine?

And finally... I thought you WERE getting rid of it or giving it to your mother or something else like that.... or are we once again back-peddling from a previous story for what seems like the ump-teenth time??

AJxtcman
01-03-08, 07:33 AM
Do ignore every thing I post?

GM/Cadillac fixed the problem for the 2000 engine.

I think I can remember 1 2000+ that was bad.

Too many 99 and priors to remember the count