: this is not an arguement thread for oil !

dwight.j.carter
01-02-08, 06:14 PM
Ok I have been involved in many discussions and I am reporting my own findings. I recently changed from Valvoline max life to Mobil 1 Synthetic (the 15 thousand mile stuff) So far I must say the engine runs much smoother on synthetic. Also I am thinking it will burn less oil. I will report my findings when I have been running it longer but at this point I intend to keep using it if the car keeps running as good as it is with it.

AJxtcman
01-02-08, 06:30 PM
Ok I have been involved in many discussions and I am reporting my own findings. I recently changed from Valvoline max life to Mobil 1 Synthetic (the 15 thousand mile stuff) So far I must say the engine runs much smoother on synthetic. Also I am thinking it will burn less oil. I will report my findings when I have been running it longer but at this point I intend to keep using it if the car keeps running as good as it is with it.

Nice:thumbsup:

dwight.j.carter
01-02-08, 06:34 PM
AJ you are just the guy I wanted to see comment. What do you use in your Northstar vehicles ?

Cadillacboy
01-02-08, 07:12 PM
I have used Mobil 1 too ( 5W30 ) .Honestly I didn't notice that much difference .I use Castrol as primary engine oil .It's nice you are happy with that
:highfive:

AJxtcman
01-02-08, 07:22 PM
I like Syn oils. I think they are soy based for the most part. :hmm: I was running Mobil 1 in my Fiero. I can't get extra/left over Mobil 1 anymore. In 6 months I may have accumulated 6 to 8 quarts. This would work to my advantage. I would not have to pay as much for my oil changes.

I run Mobil 1 in my Trailblazer. It is a V8 with DOD.

I think Dyno oil is dirty:hmm: Well is comes out of the ground. :histeric:

I think Syn oil is more eco friendly. I may be wrong by the time it is all done.

dwight.j.carter
01-02-08, 09:01 PM
To me it seems like the engine runs more smoothly and freely on the Mobil 1 then it did with the Max Life.