: Upgrading brakes.

Sigma_1966
01-02-08, 09:28 AM
My next project is to upgrade my brakes. Cross drilled.. slotted... diamond slotted. Can anyone suggest what would be best for the car and the differences bewteen them. Where is the best place to buy them ?

Jon
01-02-08, 02:44 PM
We've got UUC ones from Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac. It's a little more expensive than the cheap ones out there, but it's great quality. We track the car and they hold up great.

Sigma_1966
01-02-08, 03:45 PM
whats the adavntage to upgrading the brakes. How much will it cost me to upgrade and how much is installation

Jon
01-02-08, 05:07 PM
whats the adavntage to upgrading the brakes. How much will it cost me to upgrade and how much is installation
I noticed much better pedal feel and stopping distance is better on the street. On the track it is much more noticeable and brake fade is much reduced. They don't get as hot.

I think Luke sells it for $450 plus shipping. Not sure on install since we did it ourselves.

Sigma_1966
01-02-08, 07:24 PM
Thanks Jon

dup's Cadi
01-10-08, 06:01 PM
Check out Summit Racing. They have some stuff on there for brakes. It will give you a few ideas of what is out there. Depending on how your use is going to be, track days or just street driving. Pure race stuff isn't that good for the street. A good set of rotors and pads will be a good set up for the street and will cost a lot less.

Hawk makes a good set of pads, I have them on mine, front and back, on the stock rotors and they are great for spirited street driving.