: Dick Clark New Years Eve

malcolm
01-01-08, 06:11 PM
Anybody see Dick Clark this year? :eek: I think it's time for him to retire. What do you think?:hmm:

misfit6794
01-01-08, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty sure he died, and they just reanimated his corpse, kinda like a zombie.

Benzilla
01-01-08, 07:22 PM
Well he's better than last year. the poor SOB had a stroke, he's still recovering. Cut the guy some slack, he's not ready to sink into the grave quite yet.

malcolm
01-01-08, 07:34 PM
No disrespect, I know he had a stroke but don't you think it's time? I can't believe he's happy with what he looks and sounds like. If it were me that's not the image I would want to leave my fans with.

thebigjimsho
01-01-08, 07:46 PM
Still, he looks and sounds much better than last year. It's the one thing all year that he can still do. Realizing that the guy almost died and has to work hard to get anywhere near normal takes away the uneasiness of watching him talk.

I have no problems with him being there...

AMGoff
01-01-08, 09:24 PM
:yeah:

caddycruiser
01-01-08, 09:37 PM
Well he's better than last year. the poor SOB had a stroke, he's still recovering. Cut the guy some slack, he's not ready to sink into the grave quite yet.

Agreed. I was happy to see him, and this year he definitely wasn't slurring as bad as last year or the year before. The only thing that was "odd" was how his lips were like a fish when he talked.

But for someone who's had a stroke, he's doing VERY well. As long as he wants to keep doing it, let him. He's a classic, and obviously still likes being involved with what he can.

ted tcb
01-02-08, 12:22 AM
Still, he looks and sounds much better than last year. It's the one thing all year that he can still do. Realizing that the guy almost died and has to work hard to get anywhere near normal takes away the uneasiness of watching him talk.

I have no problems with him being there...

Well stated ... here's hoping he's around to bring in 2009!

Sandy
01-02-08, 12:25 AM
I agree. He did nothing wrong & can't help that he had a stroke. I admire his strength to get up in front of millions and do the best he can and hold his head high. He's too much of a real man to slither away under a rock.
All of us will get old (Hell, I just turned 61) and nobody wants to get ill or very sick or have a stroke. He at least accepts what happened and has taken the bull by the horns and says, look, I ain't perfect, but who is? I am gonna do this the best I can, for my fans. God Bless him.

Lord Cadillac
01-02-08, 01:58 AM
I didn't see him this year but I saw him last year. I hope he continues to improve.. I think he should do what makes him happy for as long as he can...

Jesda
01-02-08, 02:23 AM
He should retire and write a book or do more charity work.

hueterm
01-02-08, 02:27 PM
Admittedly I never watch it, but I didn't even know he was doing the show after the stroke. I thought that guy from American Idol (another show I've never seen) was doing it now.

Benzilla
01-02-08, 10:43 PM
They co-host. The guy from American idol (I can't even remember his name right now) is down in the streets, and Dick Clark is up in the studio giving the whole thing a little class.

caddycruiser
01-02-08, 11:56 PM
Right.

Here's a YouTube upload of when he was on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mxivHN_vRo

For having a stroke, he really is inspirational with his improvements and the fact he can even still stand to do this bit yearly. Last year and before, he really did have more trouble just getting words out and slurred more, but clearly was trying hard and another year of therapy helped.

FL01SS
01-03-08, 09:45 PM
I'm not even sure that that was Dick Clark. I think it may have been Animatronics.

turbojimmy
01-03-08, 10:10 PM
Admittedly I never watch it, but I didn't even know he was doing the show after the stroke. I thought that guy from American Idol (another show I've never seen) was doing it now.

I didn't watch it but I caught O&A's critique on Wednesday morning - it was hilarious. Yes he had a stroke, it's sad and it happens. So did my grandpa and he shouldn't be on TV either. Dick is lucky to be doing as well as he is. He should be kicking back at his beach house rather than having his co-hosts making believe they understand what he's saying.

Jim

hueterm
01-04-08, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I bet O&A were real class acts....