: Mink Oil on Leather Seats?

MEJIA
05-09-04, 06:39 PM
Hello, I've read that mink oil is used to protect leather products (shoes, boots etc) is it safe to use on leather seats? Has anyone here used it? How does it work? Is it worth the cost?

TIA

Daniel mejia

exceldetail
05-10-04, 10:52 PM
I would strictly stay with products developed for leather rejuvination......Lexol, 303, Meg's, even Turtle wax makes a decent conditioner.....

Subguy
05-11-04, 12:41 AM
Do not use mink oil........................for a conditioner my preference has been lexol......just make sure you clean prior to conditioning. Wash your seats down with mild soap and water and a cloth or sponge, you can use leather cleaner but think of leather as your own skin. Leather must breath......so wash them and then rinse them well........wipe the seats dry with a clean towel....the seats need to remain a little moist,which they will and then apply the conditioner. Nothing with silicon.......I like Lexol but there are others......apply the conditioner evenly and allow it to penetrate the seat......the reason to keep them damp is you will use less product....once it has pentrated buff briskly by hand to remove excess and give a nice finish. The product if left on or spots are missed will be very sticky on the seats....no problem your rump will buff:)

Hope this helps

MEJIA
05-12-04, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your input,

Daniel Mejia