: BMR anti wheel hop kit for $700+ or KARS III for $500?

Alan F
12-31-07, 03:43 PM
I read everything the search has to offer, but want to know now that BMR has the entire kit out w/ toe rods and arms along w/ the wheel hop kit. I've been told KARS is now producing the kits again...so now, what to buy?

Alan F
12-31-07, 04:24 PM
now I see that KARS may actually still not be an option...anybody got a stage III kit for sale? Any info?

Twitch
12-31-07, 04:34 PM
Its a good idea to go all out with the BMR stuff, really tightens up the rear. Just be ready to get more road noise. I'm going with the wheelhop kit myself.
I didn't know the KARS was out again.

Alan F
12-31-07, 04:59 PM
I am awaiting someone to chime in and verify whether or not KARS is in or out. That will help make the decision for sure.

Florian
12-31-07, 05:04 PM
KARS has been out since summer.

F

Alan F
01-01-08, 10:36 AM
well...there's the answer. Anyone go w/ the entire BMR set up less the pinion support and lose wheel hop? I wonder how much the pinion support does in the wheel hop arena?

Twitch
01-01-08, 12:31 PM
well...there's the answer. Anyone go w/ the entire BMR set up less the pinion support and lose wheel hop? I wonder how much the pinion support does in the wheel hop arena?

I have the pinion support, just waiting for better weather to install it.
Don't know if anyone else shares this opinion, but I think our biggest problem is the bushings. They are too weak. The more you tighten things up in the rear, the better it will be.
I remember reading, someone put in something from BMR before the wheelhop kit. The hop was reduced, and when they got the wheelhop kit on, it got even better.....I think.
I does seem that they work well together.
Also, watch for UUC, mounts and bushings. Should be coming out in the next few weeks.

trukk
01-02-08, 12:19 PM
I have a KARSIII (with the pinion support). It defintaly added some noise, but it's not unbearable by any stretch. It would defintaly be noticible if you used your car to tote clients around in though.

The KARS kit is VERY beefy. It makes the BMR kit look like a noodle. In terms of support I think it blows away the BMR AWHK. HOWEVER, there is no law saying you can't do a KARSIII & the BMR toe rods, trailing arms. I haven't done them yet, but plan to. Anything that tightens up the rear end, raplaces bushings with something higher durometer is going to help. I think the BMR pieces + the GM Racing Upper COntrol Arms is a good addition to any rear-end setup.

I'm also looking forward, with great anticipation to the UUC rear diff bushing.

-Chris