: The First Ever "Practical" Car

gary88
12-29-07, 03:37 PM
6pWi4V1JBDI

A segment from one of the newer Top Gear episodes. Pretty interesting, guess what kind of car they chose :bomb:

Night Wolf
12-29-07, 06:33 PM
Yup, I remember seeing that.... very awesome! :)

Cadillacboy
12-29-07, 06:50 PM
very practical , lol

AMGoff
12-29-07, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I saw that a while ago as well. Although I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Cadillac was the first to come out with the key/electric start. Although, in typical Top Gear fashion they downplay the American car and give more credit to the little Brit piece of crap because they took the idea and put it in a cheap car for the masses. All in all, it was an interesting segment however since they made a good point... who would have known back then that that particular setup would eventually become the de facto standard for all cars to come.

N0DIH
12-29-07, 07:35 PM
Typical of them.... Watch them drive the Z06 Vette sometimes, for power/acceleration, try to find a negative word.... "I am a child..." is one of the comments.... as he was sliding sideways around most every corner....

N0DIH
12-29-07, 10:49 PM
But for everything else, the Z06 was the worst car ever made..... You would think a Citroen 2GV would be a better car.... in their eyes...

Sinister Angel
01-03-08, 09:00 PM
There's a reason I don't much pay particular attention to that show