: And.... We're Back (Thank God) + New Years

AMGoff
12-29-07, 02:58 PM
So we're finally back home and I couldn't be any happier for it. We always (reluctantly) spend the Christmas week down at the family home in Cape May... which means the whole family + plus their loud, "jam-hand," kids. I now remember why we chose not to have any!

Anyway... I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

What's everyone planning for New Years? We're keeping things quiet this year... just staying in and cooking dinner. We'll probably end up having some good friends over as well - they're recently pregnant so we know they won't be over very late. Hopefully we can be in bed by 11 or so.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-29-07, 03:12 PM
For new years, I'll be going over to a friend's place for beer n' fireworks.

"Jam-hand kids"....sounds like a bunch of kids that would listen to lots of Kriss Kross.

creeker
12-29-07, 05:46 PM
[quote=AMGoff;1343777]So we're finally back home and I couldn't be any happier for it. We always (reluctantly) spend the Christmas week down at the family home in Cape May... which means the whole family + plus their loud, "jam-hand," kids. I now remember why we chose not to have any!

Anyway... I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

What's everyone planning for New Years? We're keeping things quiet this year... just staying in and cooking dinner. We'll probably end up having some good friends over as well - they're recently pregnant so we know they won't be over very late. Hopefully we can be in bed by 11 or so.[/quot

Wow,someone who feels like we do,we dont have any kids either,we have tons of nieces and nephews and great nieces and nephews also, my wife has 6 sisters and 3 brothers,we are very close to some of the kids,but I cant handle all the commotion.we will have a quite new years too. It's good to be home.

JimHare
12-30-07, 08:03 PM
Tony, I feel your pain.. lol

Melissa has a daughter, with a 2 1/2 year old daughter of her own, and Melissa's mother lives with us, complete with dementia and partial deafness. Getting all four generations of women in one room, all yelling about something, can be a trying experience. Gabrielle has to yell at her grandmother, who then complains to Melissa about 'why are you yelling at me?" and then the baby starts to cry, and Melissa yells at her daughter. Then the dog starts chasing the cat through the living room, the phone rings, and the baby hits the volume control on the TV accidentally and we get the volume turned to 11..

Christmas would be great if it wasn't for all the family around.. lol