: 99 Head Gasket Warranty?

Roombo
12-28-07, 08:23 PM
I bought a 99 Deville with 48k for 7k, mint condition, So I thought. I think the head gasket is blown. The dealer gave me a chrysler warrany contract that covers the car power train for 12/15,000. He claims the warrenty will cover the head gasket. When i looked at the contract is says that it coverers "factory defects", would this would apply? The car is going into the shop in few days for a diagnostic. What do you guys think?

DevilleMN
12-28-07, 09:38 PM
Why do you think you have a HG problem? What prompted the concern? Sounds like a nice car. More info is needed. Engine warning lights, have you pulled any codes?

Roombo
12-28-07, 09:43 PM
I'm loosing around 1/2 gallon a week. A back yard mechanic showed me that antifeeze was dripping out of the bottom of the mufflers (not the pipes) and white smoke when gunning the enigine while in park. The codes were cleared when i bougt it, the other day the service engine soon light came on and went away the next day? The car runs like a champ other than that.
Thanks

Ranger
12-28-07, 10:17 PM
I'm loosing around 1/2 gallon a week. A back yard mechanic showed me that antifeeze was dripping out of the bottom of the mufflers (not the pipes) and white smoke when gunning the enigine while in park.
That's enough to convince me.

coaster
12-29-07, 03:37 AM
that warranty should cover the headgasget sounds to me you have a problem:rant2: let us know what happens. I say for the price and warranty you got a good deal make sure they timesert your bolt pattern all 20 of them. check out treads about timesert.

Zorb750
12-29-07, 05:33 AM
that warranty should cover the headgasget sounds to me you have a problem:rant2: let us know what happens. I say for the price and warranty you got a good deal make sure they timesert your bolt pattern all 20 of them. check out treads about timesert.

And don't use coil or spring style thread repairs. They don't work on aluminum in high torque applications.

Cadillacboy
12-29-07, 10:42 AM
I think your hgs are shot ,timeserted block should need as well as maintaining the coolant .That should warranty your engine

Roombo
01-09-08, 03:10 PM
Update - the engine is out, they are timecerting it under warrenty:worship: Next update when I get her back. Thanks for all the help

Zorb750
01-09-08, 07:04 PM
Timeserting all ten holes on each side, right?

Roombo
01-10-08, 12:34 PM
That's what "she" said. She (service manager) claims that they do this often enough and not to worry, plus there work has a 12 month warrenty. She did say that "open heart surgery" on a 99 might cause other issues. I'm hoping they do the right thing, if I pain in the a** them anymore I fear they will screw me. Know what I mean?

flyinlow
01-13-08, 04:33 PM
That's what "she" said. She (service manager) claims that they do this often enough and not to worry, plus there work has a 12 month warrenty. She did say that "open heart surgery" on a 99 might cause other issues. I'm hoping they do the right thing, if I pain in the a** them anymore I fear they will screw me. Know what I mean?

It sounds like they are treating you right so far, keep all paperwork and if you do have problems down the road dont take no for an answer but be polite
How a repair order is worded by the mechanic makes all the difference
You would be surprised the diff. next time if you bring them a dozen donuts and thank them for their work this time
(I was a dealer tech for 20 years)