: Who knows HP Tuner?

lunarx
12-27-07, 11:35 PM
I need to fix a stalling problem, that my tuner never addressed.
He was scheduled to take care of it Wed, but decided to take off untill Jan 7th. :banghead:

Is it possible for an end-user to edit these kinds of parameters, via HP Tuner?
If so, I would like to borrow or buy an HP Tuner. :)

10secTy
12-27-07, 11:59 PM
I use hp tuners everyday. I would have to buy credits to mod your file.
I am guessing that you do not have hp and could not send me any datalogs.

When does the car stall? decel? stop light?

Nolan

lunarx
12-28-07, 12:29 AM
My car stalls upon disengagement of the clutch, when slowing to a stop.

Most of the time the car will stall immediately (as clutch is disengaged at slow speeds).
Sometimes it will catch itself and blip the RPM's up to 2k and oscilate (hunt) up and down.
Even then, it usually still stalls when the idle swings low again.

Will I need the file, from the programming guy, or can these parameters be edited within the PCM?

Dennisscars
12-28-07, 12:44 AM
Sorry for the jack..

Nice Ty

I'm happy with mine (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/958013-post18.html). Nobody knows what they are and they stomp rice..:lildevil:

TJ off//

10secTy
12-28-07, 04:12 PM
You would need to either pull the program off you car and send it to me or get your tuner to send it to me. Then you would have to reflash the one I send back to you into the car. If you do not have HP tuners or access to it
you are kind of screwed. Might be easier to wait for your tuner. But if you can get access email it to TurboV6@Telusplanet.net

Nolan

My car stalls upon disengagement of the clutch, when slowing to a stop.

Most of the time the car will stall immediately (as clutch is disengaged at slow speeds).
Sometimes it will catch itself and blip the RPM's up to 2k and oscilate (hunt) up and down.
Even then, it usually still stalls when the idle swings low again.

Will I need the file, from the programming guy, or can these parameters be edited within the PCM?

10secTy
12-28-07, 04:14 PM
I have been into syty's for about 10 years. The V is new to me needed a new toy as the syty's have kind of gone stale. I have built about 20 of the trucks in my garage for other people so the V is refreshing.

Nolan

Sorry for the jack..

Nice Ty

I'm happy with mine (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/958013-post18.html). Nobody knows what they are and they stomp rice..:lildevil:

TJ off//

bjohnso0
12-28-07, 04:53 PM
I wasn't a big fan of HP Tuners software, but I know it is just a preference. I use EFI Live and I love it.

Did you do any mods before the stalling began to occur?

lunarx
12-28-07, 05:19 PM
10secTy,

Thanks for the help.
I am trying to get the file.
I'm hoping the tuner awnesrs email and has his laptop with him.
If so, I'll let you know.

bjohnso0,

You bring up a good point.
The clutch was changed from a Luk Pro-Gold to a RPS Street Twin.

That is when the problem 1st became as bad as it is now.
With new clutch on old tune (just one brief test drive) I did have the same problem as now.
With old clutch on old tune the problem was far less extreme. :hmm:

bjohnso0
12-28-07, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't think that a clutch would cause this problem. I was thinking more along the lines of a vacuum leak. The rear of the factory intake has a T that the brake booster and MAP sensor get their vacuum signal off of and there is a small rubber vacuum cap that could be damaged. Also, any of the intake piping before the MAF sensor is always suspect. Just a thought.