: Problem with maggie tune

MIBUSA
12-27-07, 12:37 PM
Hi all,
I have an 05 with maggie installed took it to the dealer for the tire pressure sensor replace and they ended uyp reflashing my PCM for a recall. Anyway the superchips program is gone and they tried to reprogram it with my superchips programer that it came with and ended up friying my PCM. They put a new PCM in it but magnacharger is saying thay my original superchips programer that i have is of no use and i need to order another one at $450. Is it true that i have to get another one since you can only use them once? I need help ASAP since the car is at the dealer and i cannot drive it back.

heavymetals
12-27-07, 01:12 PM
You might get a Stealth Tune for less then $450.

Get a hold of Rick and maybe he can provide you with a replacement PCM in the meantime.

http://www.stealthv.com/

MIBUSA
12-27-07, 01:15 PM
thnx I will check.. I just don't see how the superchips programmer that came with the maggie is useless now. Is it supposed to be used once and thats all?

heavymetals
12-27-07, 01:22 PM
It shouldn't be.

Sounds like someone didn't know how to use.

There will be plenty of time to monday morning quarterback that problem.

MIBUSA
12-27-07, 01:33 PM
You think i should be able to pick up the car now with the new PCM in it (stock) and reprogram it in with my superchips programer that came with the maggie?
can i drive the car home and program it here?

heavymetals
12-27-07, 02:05 PM
My recollection is that the superchips Xfers the tune to the PCM and vice versa (so you can return to stock).

I don't think your superchips has the tune "stored" for your car.

I just verified this with the expert.

The superchips is a "use once".

That is, it swaps the tune between car and programmer.

Your dealer overwrote the superchips tune, so your screwed there.

POOF.

My advise is contact Rick and have him send you an replacement PCM (tuned for your car) so you can drive the car.

CTSV_Rob
12-27-07, 03:34 PM
I'm surprised Magneson would leave you hanging like that. Have you tried to contact them?

Since you put in a new PCM it probably "thinks" it's a different vehicle and this is why it doesn't work.

Go with the Stealth tune, you will gain a little extra HP. I would try to contact Magneson in the mean time to try and get your car back on the road again and then work with Rick for the "Go Faster, more streetable" tune.

stkshkr
12-27-07, 03:44 PM
I believe the superchips is tied to the VIN # in the PCM. Get Rick's tune it's much better. I don't recommend driving the car with the stock tune.

MIBUSA
12-27-07, 03:58 PM
the car is still at Don Massey Cadillac. Word to the wise they would lie up to their teeth to try and get out of anything. Anyway how do i get a hold of Rick? Anyone's got a number for him? thanks alot.
I called Magnuson and dthey want $450 to send me another tuner. I don't think its right either since i already paid for the tune once.

heavymetals
12-27-07, 04:02 PM
I posted a link to Rick.

Yes, the superchips is tied to the vin ID#.

This is so it cannot be used by anyone else.

I do believe superchips offers to reprogram it for the same vehicle but have not heard of anyone going that route.

I heard it wasn't free either.

MIBUSA
12-27-07, 04:05 PM
yeah thanks i sent him a couple emails earlier today just haven't heard back I thought i'd give him a jingle if someone's got his #. I did talk to superchips and they can't do anything since it's magnachargers program they wouldn't know what to put on it he said.

CTSV_Rob
12-27-07, 04:08 PM
I called Magnuson and dthey want $450 to send me another tuner. I don't think its right either since i already paid for the tune once.
Ouch, not good Customer Service.

rand49er
12-29-07, 10:04 PM
yeah thanks i sent him a couple emails earlier today just haven't heard back ...If there's snow where he is (Minnesnowta), then he's snowmobiling ... only checks in occasionally. Heavy's right (as usual) ... Rick's tune is much better than the stock Maggie tune.

Sorry you had a bad experience at Don Massey. I go there, and they're FAR better than most ... couple other guys here would agree to that, too.

Where exactly are you?

Seattle CTS-V
12-30-07, 03:15 AM
You'll get an extra 40+hp/tq at the wheels with Rick's tune. You'll also get a whole bunch of other goodies (cooler running temps, faster throttle response, elimination of torque management, etc). The stock Maggie tune sucks donkey balls...but is very, very, very safe.

^^I bet he is out snowmobiling though.